Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Did you know?

That weird hair gets you more ice cream?
XD

Nah, I'm just saying.

The difference between Aussie and Malaysian ice cream parlours is that Malaysian stores are wayyyy more generous than the ang moh one we visited in Aus.

The gelato shop on Lygon - Il Dolce Freddo or something that means sweet frog or something la - was packed when I was there.

I really wanted to try a sample of the...I forgot what flavour -.- Praline I think, so I waited until one of them was free before asking.

Just before that, my mom asked for a sample of the Pistachio Almond gelato, and they gave her a scoop (with not a very pleasant expression, I might add.)

Then when I asked, she just glared at me and said:

"I'm sorry, but we aren't supposed to give out samples..."

I would've been fine with it, if she didn't say it in this COMPLETELY condescending tone.

Like, 'wth these uncivilised Cheena people so thick skin one meh?'

Maybe I just terasa, but it felt that way to me.
-.-

I asked for one tiny sample and they go all OH NO I'M SO SORRY WE CAN'T DO THAT on me.
Bullshit la.
If I taste 1cm square of your precious gelato then you will go bankrupt one is it?
It's not like this was the 10th or 15th time that I asked for a free sample.

I'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO YOUR DAMNED STORE BEFORE AND YOU CANNOT LAYAN ME ONE IS IT?

Pffffffffft.
If I don't know how good it is, how do I know whether I want to buy or not?
(...I can't believe I'm still pissed about it after almost a month -.-)

Ok. Deep breaths.
Fooooooooo~

In comparison, this gelato shop I went in Jusco Balakong was damn generous ok.
I was just walking past, glancing at their ice cream...

"Here! Try some!"

The salesgirl handed me a generous spoonful of After Eight Mint ice cream.
I smiled and took it.

"Mmm..."

*Looks at selection of ice cream*

"Here, try this!"

*Guy hands me a spoonful of grey ice cream*

...GREY OK!
But free one, what the hell, just eat.

"Sesame flavour."

BLEARGH OMG THAT'S DISGUSTING!
...Well, that's what I almost said, but I restrained myself.

I chewed on the spoon thoughtfully...and ANOTHER salesguy:

"Try this! Durian ice cream!"

I was like OOOOOOOOOOOO Durian!
That was the flavour we went to Freddo's for, but was sold out when we got there.
So I ate it and it was yummy!

The three salespeople were watching me, I presumed, to see my reaction.
So I obliged and put on my ^^ face.

I was like, o_O why their service so good one?
I mean I was just walking past, indifferently and they just asked me to eat their ice cream.

(I mean, I DID go there to get ice cream, but mom hadn't arrived yet so I wasn't really even looking at their ice cream, just passing by - chasing my nephew -.-)

Then they gave me another flavour - praline or caramel or something sweet, forgot the name - and I was just going WHEE! internally.

Until I saw them nudging each other and jerking their heads toward my hair.
...

They called me over so they could check out my hair. -.-
WALAOEH!
My hair got me free ice cream ok?
Wooot~ Geng or not?
=x

So I made their day and bought a cup of BLUE ice cream (which I intended to buy anyway - after my nephew had one.)

They all smiled and the cashier was like:

"Enjoy your day!"

=3
So cheerful.
It made my day.
It's Fruito Gelato or something like that - next to Jusco.
(Balakong...Cheras?)
Go go go try! Especially Ling or anyone with 'special' hair! XD

I love the Malaysian hospitality. =)
(Probably the only thing I love about Malaysia, ahahaha)


Song of the Day:

"Nice Guys Finish Last - Green Day"

No they don't!
(Thanks for the spellcheck Den =P)

2 comments:

YL said...

o_O

am gonna go there and check out the place.
i bet i can get 100 free scoops with my hair.

=D

DAMN....SO HUNGRY LAAA..... =@

oh ya. i remember....malaysia's ice cream place memang more generous. like baskin and hadgen.

maybe ppl too kaimsiap to buy their ice cream till they have to give out free samples so generously.

cos i remember passing by ice cream shops at SgWang and places near kl, i only glanced at their shop for 2 seconds and they were like "wanna try? very nice."

which i didnt take la.
cos later if i try and i dont buy....sure they very tulan.

=P

Chuckie Cotton said...

I haven see the pics of yr hair..Vr curious to know.