Thursday, October 04, 2007

Pain?

Warning: Following picture may induce disgust

You're talking about pain?
Pain!

Who cares about pain when there's DISCOMFORT to deal with?

Pain makes your brain release happy endorphins to help you deal with it (even though I think that's really hypocritical of your brain - why did it send pain signals to begin with then?) whereas you just have to deal with discomfort all alone.

-.-

I'll tell you this much:
I'd rather deal with the pain I experienced falling of my bike a few years ago (chunks of flesh mysteriously vanished into the earth) than deal with menstrual pain.

I am serious.

Maybe I have a high pain threshold as compared to some people - I got stabbed in the arm with a pencil and all I did was get pissed off and abused (physically and verbally) the guy who did it.

In contrast, if you pat Fish on the shoulder too hard she'll scream. =/

(But you're still cute, don't worry haha)

So you probably can guess why I'd rather have someone hit me in the arm with a chair (wooden, no more please) than deal with this:

*&#$%*#%&^%!!!!!!

Don't ask me how it got that way.
I came back from Australia and my skin - who was so spoilt by deliciously fresh Melbourne air - kicked up a big fuss in the form of a rash.

The picture doesn't even do it justice.

Just take in all the details, including the nasty red sores and open wounds where I scratched them (unconsciously while playing DotA = =).

Now, imagine it looking slightly purplish and bruiselike, plus a little more bloody.

And there you go.
My horrible predicament.
Disgusting much?
I hate it too.

And notice how my right legs still looks perfectly fine? -.-''
Only my left leg (and now arm, the horror!) is affected.

My creative soul is under attack!
AHHH!!!

I don't have calamine (however you spell it) lotion or anything that helps, so what I'm doing now is rubbing an ice cube up and down my leg until it goes slightly numb.

But this method isn't practical because:

1. It is only temporary relief (maybe 15-20 minutes only?)
2. I drip puddles of water filled with flaky, infected shedded skin everywhere I go =/

Any ideas?

(Besides 'stop scratching,' you dimwit, don't you think I'm trying that already? -.-'')


Song of the Day:

"Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple"

Another source of pain - chunks of skin got shredded off while I tried the solo on the guitar today.






13 comments:

Nichelle Tan said...

omg, i just realised how smooth your skin is!!!
*not taking note of your left leg at all. =p

Dun tell da whole world tat i will scream ler..
then more ppl wan2 hit me pulak.. ish.

snowbunnie said...

Erm, is that sarcasm, or what is my leg supposed to look like then? o_O

Chuckie Cotton said...

I feel tht yr left leg is smoother...

*I'm so sarcastic*It seems tht I'm hopeless..

Dun scatch it, it's not gud for ya skin..after got scar, then u'll cry..

Denise said...

Aiyo. Faster come back to Melbourne then =P

Nichelle Tan said...

i wasn't being sarcastic...

your right leg is smooth!!!

Chuckie Cotton said...

Yes, and your left leg too.....

snowbunnie said...

Oh cmon!

You two ah =/

I just don't believe Sui is capable of sarcasm.

Anonymous said...

It might be shingles actually. It only affects one half of the body, normally only one small part. Just a thought.

Chuckie Cotton said...

Nvm...I jz dun understand how u got tht...

I got it on my thigh and it's a big patch, cz i'm alergic to seafood, whenever I smell one, the patch will turn red and swollen.

snowbunnie said...

Shingles! What!

Lemme, see...the disease lies dormant in our body, until we are under 'aging, stress or disease' where it comes out to play.

=/

Aging? No.
Disease? Not really?
Stress? ...

Btw, shingles is also known as herpes zoster.

Herpes? ._.

Lmao.

Chuckie Cotton said...

I hate my allergies...

Artist usually have lots of allergies..like seafood and pollens..and dust...

snowbunnie said...

And I'm allergic to Sungei Wang =(

Chuckie Cotton said...

I'm allergic to Prangin mall in Penang(The place where all teenage likes to go)I do mean those uneducated teenage..Feel tht the place is so cheap, cz the ppl there all like gangster..

Haha...I like Sg Wang...I like to go there to see the lastest hair style fashion there..and also buy all my hair chemicals from there...

Y r u allergic to sg wang?