Sunday, October 28, 2007

My first clan invite XD

Some of you may have visited my blog in the last two days, only to be greeted by an army of bright yellow frogs.


Anyway, that is a hosting glitch where my uploaded file vanished into infinite cyber space.
I have tried re-uploading the background and recoding it into my template, but the frogs refused to go away.

So, for now, I have #ffffff-ed the background until I can fix the problem.
(#ffffff = html for the colour white)

***

Anyway, yesterday I received my first (DotA) clan invite.
...yay?

Should I be flattered?
Nah.

For one, it just seemed like he was trying to recruit any non-noob that he played with, so the invite really isn't saying anything about my DotA skills. XD

Which are really quite so-so.

Maybe Holy Shit! on a good day with a favourite hero, but I can have a 1:3 kills to death ratio on a really bad day.

Anyway, I really didn't want to join any clan as of yet, because:

1. I have to create a new account with the clan tag, and that would be troublesome.

2. Liability. Any mistakes I make (losing my temper, making noob mistakes) would be attributed to clan noobness, even if it was purely my fault. Do I want that on my conscience? =P

3. What's the point? Having a clan prefix does not make you any more revered (if you already are) or avoid getting called names (if you're a noob)

4. The clan name. Master of Dota sounds fairly smug, and that really wouldn't apply to me - Mistress of DotA, anyone? Hahaha.

[MoD] Chocolate_XD

Lol. The clan prefix looks kind of cool.
But I declined anyway, with a promise to play for their clan whenever they wanted me to.
Hey, I felt bad for being the only who turned down the invite that day ._.''

Here are my prerequisites for joining any clan:

1. I must know the clan master directly ^^

2. A unisex clan ID Hahahaha...I wouldn't join a clan with the name...say...lalaZ@i! or something...I can just imagine:

[Lal@Z] Chocolate_XD

O.M.G.L.O.L.

Hm. That's really about it.
I can't be picky about this, because I can't even say that I'm a pro - headhunted by clans.
Ha! If I were, then I can be as snobbish as I want! *thumbs nose*

But as it is, I'm just a slightly above average player that has a pleasant disposition *cough* and sporting personality *coughcoughCHOKE*

XD

Oh, and there is also the fact that I'm part of the rare 5% or less of the DotAing community that is a girl.

Ha.
It's hilarious how the DotA boys react to having their ass pawned by a girl.

Once, I randomed Lich for the first time and my lane enemy was a leaver.
So I messaged the other team to take him back immediately or I'd pawn his ass.

*cough* Sporting personality *cough*

The host messaged me back:

I love you
Lich is good player, if I gay I come find you ^^

I gave up a free first blood ok?
Because killing leavers are cheap! *frowns*

Anyhow, I messaged him back:

Luckily, I'm a girl lol

And then I punctuated my statement by pawning his ass. XD
Ha!

His reply?

...

I killed him another 7 times before he gave up and left the game.

Ouch, the fragile male ego took a real whopping there. XD

My team had leavers, so it was 2v4: Me and Pit Lord vs Nevermore, Anti-Mage and a couple of others

Pit Lord roots them, I ulti = GG-fied
^^

I think it is also safe to say that these DotAboys are on the endless prowl for a mate.
Upon discovering that I'm a girl, the guy who invited me to his clan immediately gave me his number.

"wanna play then msg me at xxx-xxxxxxx ok?"

XD This is my third phone number, willingly given.
It just makes me think guys are so easy - which may only hold true for the Malaysian DotAing community.
If only real life were so easy. Lol.

The first one gave me his number after my Streamyx abandoned me for the umpteenth time - and that month, I had the highest phone bill ever. -.-''

21 ringgit.
21 freaking ringgit!
That is a 300% increase from my normal account.
Screw postpaid XD
His credit bled dry and I reverted to the much more affordable method of communication - MSN.

The second one was much less satisfying.
He promised me a game of DotA and when he couldn't make it, asked his friend to message me on MSN for my number.

I refused.
His friend was fairly convincing, so I relented and gave it to him - with promises of death and doom if he tried anything funny.

Mistake. -.-''
I never gave my number again, lol.

It's not he's one of those perverts or anything, but he really annoyed me half to death with his 'teasing' sms-es - which, when ignored, prompted him to apologise and beseech me to 'don moody la.'

And when I replied that I'm perfectly fine, just annoyed, he won't believe me!

He goes on and on and on 'consoling' me in a manner that makes girls appear as the most emotionally fragile beings on earth and should be treated with utmost care lest we break down and cry with the slightest provocation.

"Gtg sleep, ttyl"

*attempts to flee from conversation*
"Ok, take care."
"You too."
"No need la!"
"Why?"
"I'm a boy, nothing one la..."
"So I have to take care, cause I'm a girl?"
"Yes, girls must take care of themselves, very dangerous nowadays..."
"I can take care of myself, thank you very much."
"Right...lol"
"-.-"

Then, we got into an argument about sports:

"Girls shouldn't learn to swim."
"Why?"
"No need la..."
"Why not? Helps build muscles what."
"Girls don't need muscles..."
"Why not? Then do guys need muscles?"
"Of course..."
"Why is that so?"
"Because guys have to take care of girls, that's why need muscles lo..."

Well, isn't THAT the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard?
You male chauvinist pig! *sticks out tongue*

I then told him I'd beat him up any time, any where.

He scoffed at me, and I told him I stood by my statement.

Ha.
Please identify the fine line between chivalry and sexism - and stay well behind it.

Yes, Den, I have learned from that and I will be a better judge of character from now on.
It may please you that I have yet to message this newest guy - 'come play!' - because I have decided to stick by online messaging which costs less...hey, it's absolutely free!

Sms-es are overrated.

If that weren't enough, there was this guy who confessed to my friend (the first guy, who was then pretending to a girl) that he liked me - the FIRST time we spoke.

Hahahaha, is that hilarious or what?
Isn't that so movie-worthy?

Love at first click!

*collapses laughing*

Anyway, my friend convinced me to forget him because:

1. He was gay-like

He gave me helpful pieces of advice, like the hours 10pm to 2 am are the hours where your skin rests and heals, and that red is generally too harsh a colour on girl's toenails, and also that soaking my nails in lemon juice helps remove stains and is nutritious for the nails.

Huh? Wtf?

2. He is stupider than a turtle (not my words =x)

By the end of the night, despite the fact that my friend's friendster profile is clearly male, he still believed that he was a girl. (Hehe, I'm using my bro's account! Lolz.)

Gullible is a word not found in the dictionary, and in his vocabulary.

o_o

Chris says that he will not be at all surprised if I found my boyfriend (through) playing DotA.
-.-''

That is NOT going to happen.
It just sounds so sad and pathetic!



Ok, let's say I DO get together with one of my DotA mates...what am I gonna tell my friends when they ask:

How did you guys first fall for each other?

"I liked his Raigor..."
"And her Drow was sooooo sexy!"

*giggles, hugs, smooches to friend's utter disgust*

LMAO XD
Don't I deserve better than that?!
*glares*

It makes me wonder how these people can expect to find their bf/gf through online gaming.
I mean, it IS possible, but what are the chances of your online fantasy becoming reality?

There are always the possibilities:

1. The cute girl you met online being a 45-year-old paedophile on the prowl for fresh young boys.

2. The person is totally, utterly different from their online character.

3. He/she lives 3 states away.

4. His/her friendster profile is totally fake, and the hot basketball-playing 16-year-old boy is actually a gangly, awkward 13-year old with a pronounced underbite and body odour.

I mean come on!
Do you really expect it to work out?

I met my boyfriend on Friendster and we're engaged now!


Be honest, how often are you going to hear that?


My friendster requests increased 5-fold (wow, how pathetic.) after I added pictures of myself. XD
The girls are schoolmates who have finally identified who I am, haha.
The boys are DotA-zais who I don't know at all. @.@
The last one is pretty hot, but I ain't adding him.

Yet, anyway. XD

And that concludes this post - bayleef wants to DotA, lol.

Anyone has successful I-met-my-boy/girl-online stories?

Care to share them with me?
Then I'll stop being such a skeptic, promise. =x
Until then, nuh-uh, nope, not gonna happen.

***

*Update: I came back to edit, and even as I type, this completely random person comes along...oh just read it, will you? I'm not even making this up.

*screenies convo*



Oh, if only you had tried harder...we could have been so perfect together.
*sighs*
Poor beng.
(Ok, to be fair, I was being intentionally difficult XD)

Should I change my avatar to a male one or what?
But my screen name is already screaming GIRL! and I can't change that, unfortunately.

(This is too coincidental...it's almost as if someone read this post and came to hunt me down and kacau me personally. Hahaha. If so, good one. =/)


Song of the Day:


"Stand Up - A Static Lullaby"

DotA > SPM

5 comments:

YL said...

LOL.

i saw your page liddat also yesterday and got shocked.
i even print screen and saved a copy. hahahaha.

and am not Einstein enough to understand the later part of the post.

the last part, am human enough to understand.
and you..... better DoTA less and go out to REALLY social.
=P

snowbunnie said...

Lol, the clan part?

It's like a gang la, haha.
Someone bullies you, then you call your gang, er, clanmates to come and avenge your humiliation.

"LAI 1 V 1 SEE WHO BETTER LA S0H@I!"

Lol. Your suggestion is noted. XD

Denise said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

"How did you guys first fall for each other?


"I liked his Raigor..."
"And her Drow was sooooo sexy!""

LOL-ed for real. Ask Chris. =D

Funniest ever.

Poor Beng's don't know what they're getting themselves into when they IM you =P

Jason said...

Quote:
"XD This is my third phone number, willingly given.
It just makes me think guys are so easy - which may only hold true for the Malaysian DotAing community."

This picture is the reason why =p

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8108/n6807902571456235358iu0.jpg

snowbunnie said...

@ Den - Lol! Beng-bengs are so cute sometimes. =P

@ Jason - Yes! Our ultimate weapon to rule the world! Hahahaha XD