Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Game Over

LOL.

Got bitten in the arse today when he told me that he sometimes exaggerated on his emoness to test how soft I was and to get my attention. I knew it, that liar. mad

That just goes to show that I can still trust my intuition, whatever happens.
Well okay, now I don't have to pause whenever, wherever, just to reply him in case he gets all emofied.

Most people know I have a soft spot for friends with emotional problems, and I don't really mind giving up some time to make them feel not so alone. It's when they abuse it when I get annoyed.

As KC asked me about his 'sad story,' he asked me 'how do you know it's true? neutral'
I replied that no, I don't know if it's true and I DO have a strong feeling that he's lying/exaggerating. Yet, I told KC that I can't leave a possibly depressed person alone - don't play around with dangerous emotions, right?

Sometimes people think that I take my friends for granted, and even brush them off sometimes when I'm busy. But when they aren't feeling so good (and if I know about it) I will never push them away. It's like guilt punching me in the gut if I do.

And now that I know that he dramatises his tragedy and negativity on life just to kao lui...
Wah. I lazy layan edi lor.

Nick reminded me that he was in a very similar situation.
There was a girl he knew that had such a horrible outlook on life - everyone uses her, blames dad for not making enough money, got backstabbed by her friends, had nasty rumours spread about her when she confessed to the guy she liked...

He used to spend hours on the phone trying to placate her and comfort her.
She was the one who told him to cut himself when he felt sad.

Immediately I dismissed her as some attention-seeker.

There was a night where Nick was acting really childishly while playing DotA. His tone of voice was extremely irritable and whenever you asked him a simple question he'll tell you that he's busy and to get the fuck out of his lane and let him farm.

I remember screaming at him to not be so fucking childish and to grow up and play or to leave.

He was silent.

More than a month later, he revealed to me that the emo girl was on the other end of the line, threatening to take her life.
Wah fuck, now that I know about it, I feel quite bad.

redface

There he was, busy talking a girl out of suicide and I was yelling at him for being rude and selfish.
(&#^@&*#

Well, at the end of that fateful night, he was very quiet.
When the story was finally told to me, he said that he'd given up on trying to talk the stubborn child our of it and told her to screw it - kill herself, see if he cared.

He was an emotional wreck, because she may have well killed herself because of his harsh words.
Now I finally know why he was wound so tight that night.
Playing with one's life is no joke, even if it WAS an immature girl with issues.

But it had a happy ending.
At midnight, the girl called him - in tears - and said that no one had ever dared to tell her off like that, and that no, she didn't want to die without anyone caring.

Nick hooked her up with one of his close friends so that he could take care of her, and she's now more emotionally stable, according to him.

Happy endings. Highly underrated.

This wasn't the first story of its kind I've heard.
So perhaps you can understand further about why I was so reluctant to - in KC's words - tell him to 'fuck the hell off and leave me alone.'

Lol. I was so surprised at his hostility.
I think that one night, both him and Nick wanted to slaughter Jern with their bare hands for constantly interrupting my sleep/DotA.

Call me a sucker, but I've seen a number of people in various stages of depression and I cannot, will not leave them to fend for themselves with a clear conscience.

But when someone has betrayed my trust...they'll never get it back.
I don't harbour any resentment towards them. Just that I tend to not take them seriously any more after that.

God knows what else he'll try next - fits of self-hate? Moments of inane ramblings? Promises of a night out to dinner?

confused

I hope I have made it clear and unmistakable enough that I harbour absolutely no intentions of having anything else other than a platonic relationship. Nick jokingly told me that I was an incurable flirt (barf) amongst his clan members - I could get them to do almost anything I wanted if I tried hard enough.

But I have never misled anyone into thinking there's anything more to it than playfulness.
Even Jon who initially followed me wherever online, insisted on teaming with me and refused to kill me in free-for-all games - got the message loud and clear when I well, made passes at his age (15 -_-?)...and height.

LOL. 5 foot 2. So cute!

Now I just hope that Jern is just trying to play more games and has not trespassed into obsession territory.

That, would truly be undesirable. eek

Fuck. He asked me to be wrapped up and mailed to him for hugs.
I don't know whether to laugh or to scream.

...

I think I'll choose to laugh. So,

HA HA HA!

*wipes tears*

Good one! Hahaha!

*laughter peters out*

o_o''
Has anything struck you as strange about this whole enchilada yet?
*runs off to hide behind Nick*

Nick is his senior.

I'll ask Nick to body slam him into submission if he crosses the line.
biggrin After all, what are friends for?

...

But then again, Jern is taller, more well-built and knows kickboxing. Things really don't look good for boobieman Nick. Oh well. People make sacrifices for their friends right? Time to let Nicky's protective streak shiiiiiiiine! *sparkles*
rolleyes

No comments: