Thursday, April 20, 2006

#100

This is my hundredth post! Whee! I feel soooo excited, and honoured, and matured and...

...er, I lied. I don't feel any different at all.

Hah. So there.

*jumps up and down excitedly anyway*

***
Scene 1:

Yesterday as I was going home after school, the DJ on Mix.fm was talking about some band called Simple Minds.

My mom was like, "yer, you all ah, nowadays not original at all! Simple Plan, Simple Minds, all the same. So boring!"

"Yeah, what sucky names people think of nowadays...like The Click Five. What kinda of stupid name is that anyway? Cacatnya...they're playing this Saturday at Sunway..."

"Oh?"

"Yalah. They're okla, I guess. You listen to their songs a couple of times, it makes you feel happy. Then, after like, 5 times, you feel like murdering the band. Meh."

"Hah, memangla..."

*mom goes off into a rant about music of her time...the disco era, I'll spare you the agony*

***
Scene 2:

10 hours later, I was closing up and going to bed.

"Eh Steph, Uncle Cheah called just now. He asked whether you want The Click Five tickets or not."

"Ha? This Saturday at the surf/skate festival?!"

"Yeah."

"OK!!!"

"I thought you said you don't like The Click Five?"

"Yala...but then free tickets who wouldn't want? And I really want to see the skateboarders too!"

"Ok fine."

"Yay!"

***
As per norm, I read up about a band before a concert, so I won't feel totally lost among the fans. Though I suspect that many of the audience will be there for the surf and skate performances, not the pop band.

I mean, at least I should learn their names so that I can pura-pura be in love with the band. =D Even if I'm not. Poser me. =P

I entered their official site, and holy fo-shizzle!

Talk about uniform. o_O

Same hair, same clothes, same boy-band smirk. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL THEM APART?

Shit.

I think I'll just scream the same things as the fan next to me. Yeah, that'll do. ;o)

So...how shall I conclude this post?

Shall I say...

Free Quiksilver Revolution Surf/Skate/Music Festival ticket for the first person who asks! Under certain conditions of course. =)

Terms and Conditions:

*Must have transport for yours truly and yourself (duh)
*Must be able to send me home too
*I must know you, and like you ;o)
*Uh...that's it

Must let me know by today though.

My poor twinneh can't go =( And it's her birthday too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPH! *hug* So sad that you can't go. ='(

Psst, Bel. Wanna go? =D


Song of the Day:

"The Click Five - ...err, Catch Your Wave, I guess"

As it's only fitting. Though it's such an annoying song.


2 comments:

YL said...

good luck being their fan..
haha...

Denise said...

more free tickets for you, none for me! :( *pouts*