Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Er, heheh. =D

Ok, the last post was complete crap. But I was half-crazed and seemingly drunk (even without alcohol, unless my drinks were spiked, haha) so that should justify my horrible blogging.

Especially the part about the blond surfer guy. I could go back and erase that part if I wanted to, but it doesn't seem right. He's still cute! Urgh. Here I go again.

It's just weird to finally give in to your hormones after supressing them for so long, and what with Amber and Shan squealing over his cute-ness, it's hard for me to resist joining in.

So I didn't. =P

***

It was funny, picking up Amber and Wing Yie on Saturday morning. I was already late picking both of them up from school, so imagine my geram-ness when Ampang Road was closed! Gah! My mom had to circle around what seemed like the whole of Bukit Bintang before arriving at Tangga Ampang, 25 minutes behind schedule.

When we got there, TANGGA AMPANG WAS CLOSED! WAH!!!

T_T I tried calling JL, but the smart girl didn't turn on her hp, never mind that it was after school already.

Finally, she rang me, and we were both like, "Where are YOU?!"

JL went the wrong way and went down the St John's staircase instead. -_-'' Heheh. We drove a little further and picked her up, but Amber was still nowhere in sight. With no way to contact her, JL and I had to walk up the St John's staircase and into my school to look for her.

In my T-shirt and jeans! On a school day! Lol. Thank goodness she was waiting outside the school. A few students walking out gave me funny looks though. Nyeh to you pious Saturday school attendees!

"OMG I was so scared you were waiting for me!" We exclaimed at practically the same time. It seemed that synchronised speech was the thing of the day.

With 2 of my passengers safely in the car, we set off to meet Uncle Cheah for our tickets. He gave us 8! One for my mom too, in case she changed her mind and decided to go.

Then he gave me signed Fort Minor posters! He knew how I missed them the last time, and got them sigend for me. He's so nice! Whee!

I have 3 left, want one? =D

At the Pyramid, we waited about 30-40 mins for the sunshine girl to arrive. She finally got there around 2:45 pm. JL stuffed the rest of her burger in her mouth and we set off.

Anyhow, when we reached Sunway Lagoon, we were greeted by this trail of red marks on the escalator. They were at an even distance from each other, about 2 steps each dot.

I stared for a second, then it hit me. OMFG someone had her period! AHHH!!!!!! So nice of her to drip all the way down the escalator too! She must've known her visitor had arrived, seeing that the dots were all the over the escalator, and not on just one step.

I shudder to think of it.

Everything in Sunway is overpriced, grahhh! The small lockers were RM2 each, and 3 for the big ones. Unable to find any big ones left, we tried to cram all of our stuff in the tiny locker.

The token got stuck in the locker. -_-'' We got an assistant to fish the coin out, and he went, "Go find another locker!"

How nice. The place was damn crowded I tell you. Many of them were smoking and stinking of chlorine. The worst part was the middle-aged uncles in their too-small Speedos, with their middles bulging.

o_O; Have you not heard of swimming trunks? (and some big T-shirts while you're at it, perhaps?)

Finally, we got a locker, but alas! Our things wouldn't fit, what with JL's gargantuan backpack and all. NERD ALERT! =P Lol, it's Saturday school, the teachers NEVER teach! Yet the bag was the size of the average Std 5 Chinese primary schoolkid's, and weighed a ton.

In the end, we settled for 2 lockers, and A and JL changed out of their school uniforms, and Shan into a fresh white tee. I had to wait forever for them. Gr. It was already around 3:15 at the time, and JL had to go home at 4; Amber at 6.

So I made JL call her mom, and I ended up fetching her home at 11:30 that night. Way to bargain, no? ;o)

We made our way to the surf deck, and saw tons of people in the wave pool. With the sun beating down relentlessly on our necks, the water seemed all the more tempting.

With much debate and argument, a decision was made.

Hurrying all the way back to the lockers, Amber, Shan and JL changed again. With my dumb luck, I had to wait against the locker amongst sweaty, smelly bodies with lots of impending buttocks, (Ask JL to explain), all the while wondering whether I'm the only one with sensible clothing.

*Update: We had to get an extra locker for our stinky shoes! Then we had to walk barefoot the the pool, with suspicious yellowy-grey stuff on the locker-room floor. Eeuyeuch!


Turns out my clothes weren't as sensible after all, as we all realised the moment we entered the water. My jeans bogged down with the weight of the water, nearly taking my undies with it.

Ok, I am kidding. Are you still awake?

But yeah, the jeans went down and the shirt went up. Urgh. People staring. I think, with all the bikini/speedo-clad people, we stood out as inexperienced party-goers.

It was laughable, really. One with super-soaked jeans, another in white shorts (xD), another holding her handbag above her head, trying to avoid the artificial waves. The latter would be sunshine, who refused to leave her cash and hp in the locker. o_O Mafan!

JL should be so proud, being the only one who didn't look totally out of place. =D

The surfing was awesome, despite my initial negativity against artificial, standard waves. The surfers did great jobs, though many wiped-out at first. It was fun to watch, even with the people sitting before me squishing my toes everytime the wave broke over them.

The sun was really coming down hard, and I realised that my hair was drying really fast. Running my fingers through it, or rather, trying to, I wondered exactly how much chlorine was in the water.

Then I realised just how many little kids were in the water. So we all have heard of the horror stories...OMG WHAT IF THEY PEED IN THE WATER??! I turned to ask Amber, and her eyes widened.

ARGH!

I was careful not to accidentally swallow any pool water thereafter.

We came out of the water at around 6, to dry off before the concert. Dinner consisted of RM 5.50 hotdogs. (Have I said this before? Can't really remember my last blog post, due the my mental state at the time)

At one point of our aimless wanderings around the party area, we were approached by a salesguy.

"Hello hello hello hello HEL-LO!" He said in extremely perky and cheerful voice, blocking our path.

"Er, hey."

"Are any of you Hotlink users?"

*glances around, to be met by shaking heads*

"No."

"Then why are you here?"

(We were in a Hotlink tent, as it turned out, oops!)

I opened my arms in a wide 'who knows?' gesture.

"Ah, I'm kidding! What do you guys use? Digi? Maxis?" He asked, in a slightly, if not jokingly, condescending tone.

"Digi."

"Oh, we have a promotion! Do you want to buy some reloads for your friends? Because if you do, you'll get this....and this......"

I let him ramble on, with Shan, JL and Amber staring incredulously. After listing down the entire list of free gifts, I said:

"Erm, we're kinda strapped for cash here."

"Ah, just buy some! I've gotta make money you know? Nah, you, and you and you, can buy RM10 one, and YOU," he pointed at Shan, "...can buy an RM5 one."

Sunshine's bottom lip jutted out in a pout. I had to stifle my laugh. Poor kid. She was considerably shorter than the other 3 of us, even though she's 13. I mean, I'm only 14 but I'm a whole head taller than her.

HAHA! The man must've thought she was one of our baby sisters. Lmao.

"Nah, it's ok. Then I'd have to think of people who use Hotlink..."

"Ok la then." He pulls a mock disappointed face. "Thanks!"

We all run away quickly.

I hate being tall.

You're always the one salespeople attack in a group, because they always associate height with age. I'm insulted! I am not old!!!

Shan is 13; I'm 14; JL turns 15 this Sunday; and Amber is 16! I'm the second youngest! I'm not an old lady, k!

...

Or maybe it's because I was the anout same height as the salesguy. Then he wouldn't have a neck-ache bending down to talk to the others. Hah! Shorties! Nyahaha!!!

***

Urgh, the rest of the day passed by in a flash. Half the performance stage was in the water, the other on the beach. Cool huh?

So during the concert, the pool-people were splashing water around, and the beach-people smoking. I guess they're right when they say there's a balance in everything.

Fire, water. Ying, yang. *shrug*

I still feel that ripping the poster off the wall was fun, being the delinquents we were. Hey, being cheered by a groups of pseudo-macho boys is great, ok? The adrenaline rush from being in a shopping mall vandalising stuff, being late for pickup and running through half-lit hallways is FRICKIN AWESOME. Do not disagree.

Or I shall pretend that I did not hear you. So there.

***

On the following Monday, Amber told me that she got lost on the way, when she left early. She walked for 40 darned minutes! Poor thing. All while we were busy checking out the surfers. JL (or Shan, can't remember) thought that the cute blond surfer guy waved at us. Yeeeeeah...I was on the hp with Amber's flustered mom at the time, ok? I wouldn't know.

*silent squeal*

Wait, I'll have to look up his name. I can't call him the 'cute blond surfer guy' forever.

...page loading.




...waiting




...OMG finally!

o_O Julian Wilson, ILU! Hahaha!

=D Amber, Shan and I minat you! Pfft, I sound so gedik la.

Ok. Must control my hormones.



...

Lyk, omfg! Lyk, total hawtness!1oneshift1one!!!!!

Haha, couldn't resist.

Shan Shan's account of the event here.

I'll make JL blog about too, just wait!


Song of the Day:

"Sk8er Surfer Boi
(!!!) - Avril Lavigne"

Ahhhhhhh! Stephanie is officially crazy. I need sleep.

No comments: