Sunday, April 23, 2006

Party, anyone?

I just got back from the Quiksilver Surf/Skate/Music Festival. My undies are still wet, in fact.

But yeah! It was awweeeeeesome!

*dances*

We reached there about 2.30, and there was a huge crowd lining up to get in. To my horror, they checked our bags. I had to dump my whole bottle of water in the trash can. Boo hoo.

Me, being a bad influence on whoever I come in contact with, made poor JLWY skip her tuition, much to her mother's wrath. (I'm sowwee!) I also persuaded Amber to ask for permission to stay until 9, instead of 6. I mean, by the time we got in, and got lockers it was almost 4 already. What's the point in staying for 2 hours?

Hah.

We missed the first skate session, which was a disappointment. But we were right on time for the surf session. =D I convinced Shan2 and Amber to change into more presentable clothes, and we all went for a swim.

Too bad the water was filthy. I couldn't even see my own toes.

The surfers were great, though they wiped out constantly. There was a blonde who was so cute!!! We all agreed except JL, who thought the hispanic-looking was cute. Also, that he remided her of her brother. Ok, ew, pretend I didn't say that.

The skaters were even better, though with my lack of face-recognition skills, I couldn't tell them apart. Except the one with his shirt off. He's the only one with frizzy hair. The rest all looked the same, I swear.

The crowd was ok. Being typical Malaysians, trails of rubbish and cigarette butts followed us everywhere. What a shame. SO MANY FREAKING PEOPLE WERE SMOKING! ARGH!

It got so bad, until I walked off after The Click Five played 2 songs. The skaters were much more fun to watch. =)

Lots of people were wearing swimwear. It was funny, seeing people parading around with their shirt off/bikinis on, while Amber and JLWY were in school uniforms, and I in jeans.

Jeans! I don't know what possessed me to wear jeans there. I realised my mistake as soon I went in the water. Stupid jeans kept falling down, the material was so heavy. Though it's safe to say I didn't get the worst part of the deal, since Amber's pants were well, white.

You know white clothes and water don't mix.

Local bands also played there for the entire thing. Maybe you could still make a Pop Shuvit fan out of me, the Love Me Butch sucked as usual. There's no mistaking the horrendous vocals. I remembered that they were practically booed off stage when they opened for the Simple Plan concert.

Food? The only things I had for the entire day:

Breakfast: Water and Char Siew Pau
Brunch: Coke and French Fries
Tea: Coke
Dinner: A RM 5.50 hot dog! (Stupid overpriced foodstuff, be warned)
Supper: A can of F&N Blazt

It's a wonder I'm still alive.

I was delusional by the end of the concert. My head was lolling around like it was dislocated. Or something like that. I walked into many, needless to say, annoyed people.

All in all, the day was fantastic!

But what really took the cake, surprisingly happened AFTER the event.

Sunshine was disappointed that we weren't able to obtain one of the numerous Quiksilver/Roxy posters hanging around the place, so I was like "Well, let's go get one, then!"

So we ran into Sunway Pyramid, because the ones in the theme park were all gone before we could get to them. I spotted one a couple of floors down, and we ran like the wind! Woooo............

I quickly undid the twist tie, but the top was securely fastened about 9 feet up. Sunshine was like "Nooooooooooooooo."

Being delusional, I was like, "Just rip it."

"Pull it to the left, and jerk it to the right."

People were already stopping to stare. We were in the middle of the mall, remember? So with a great tug, JL and I dislodged the poster of its place on the pillar with triumph.

Some guys started shouting at us, so we ran! HEEHEEHEE!!!

But then, they went back to rip the rest fo the posters of the walls.

I feel so proud. My first act of vandalism.

YAY ME!

Haha. No pictures, sorry. No camera = no pics. So ha!


Song of the Day:

"Where'd You Go - Fort Minor"

Cause sunshine says so.

1 comment:

Denise said...

NO pictures? =( =( =( booohooooooo...