Saturday, April 15, 2006

The scariest thought ever

My mom wants to read my blog.

o_O'

!!!

I forbid you, yes YOU, to ever give my mom the address. Or I will kill you with my bare hands. What does that statement mean, anyway? Like a karate chop to the head, or something? I can't kill anyone with my bare hands. I doubt it.

Though I give a killer glare sometimes.

Or, I'll just move my blog somewhere else and refuse to give you the address. A solution that doesn't necessitate jail time. How lovely.

***

I still don't get why people are so obsessed over celebrities.

My mom and her friends, least of all. I had the most mortifying time yesterday, when I had lunch with my mom and her rich tai-tai friends after school.

I noticed the latter as both were wearing real pearls and carrying bags of expensive cosmetics with them as they arrived. Yupyup, pearls are the trademark of rich tai-tais.

So, while we were waiting for the food to arrive, the aunties suddenly huddled together and started whispering to each other. As I gave them weird looks, they leant over and stage-whispered to my mom.

"Eh, you know that day, we met up in Alexis and BSC! We saw Paula Malai Ali and that fat comedian guy, and now they're here also!"

!

I turned in what I hoped was a discreet manner, and saw that indeed, the 'fat comedian guy' was there. Sadly, we all forgot his name. No sign of Paula though.

But, my mom and her 2 friends weren't as subtle. Immediately, they all turned to stare at the table and pointed like orang kampung, all excited at the prospect of dining under the same roof as a celebrity.

-_-''

Memalukan or not? I slumped lower in my chair.

I thought that was the end of it, and began devouring my chicken crispers hungrily.

Suddenly, I heard the scraping of chairs.

My stomach sank. Ohno, ohno, ohno.

Oh yes. The 'celebrities' were leaving. They were headed towards our table too.

The auntie sitting next to the aisle turned and gave a huge, fake yawn, hoping to disguise the fact that all she wanted to do is catch a glimpse of VJ Paula and the fat comedian guy.

Then the other auntie also leaned over the first auntie's bulk and started to stare at them. Ignoring my horrified face, my mom started poking me and pointing at the group of laughing, smoking (ugh) adults.

"Girl! You see her or not? The Paula-maula-whatshername person? Hahaha! Is she there or not?"

I froze.

"Nnrrgh..." I moaned.

As they walked passed our table, all 3 heads turned and followed them out the door. O_O;

I swear 2 of them looked back and gave us weird looks as they exited the premises.

"Eh girl! That's the Harish Iskandar guy! Neh! The fat one with the beard ah!" My mom went in this incredibly loud voice.

So that was his name. The fat comedian guy, I mean. But oh, my, god. They didn't have to embarass me in front of all the other patrons, when they already made a fool of us in front of the people they were so excitedly talking about.

Like never see celebrities before. T_T

I don't know which is worse. My mom eagerly pointing out celebrities which weren't even there (Paula wasn't there, they mistook a skinny, dyed-hair girl for her) OR following me to the Simple Plan concert and mixing up the band members names in front of thousands of fans.

"Eh? What's that botak guy's name? Chuck, issit?"

"No, it's Jeff."

"Oohhh, and the one that looks like a girl leh?"

I could feel the death glares of fans all around me.

"It's David." I hissed.

Gah. I'm never going to let my mom follow me to a concert again, ever. Least of all the LP concert. I can just imagine what it'll be like.

"Haiyo! When is this thing going to start? My legs tired already!"

"Er, I dunno. I thought you said you weren't going to follow me to a concert anymore."

"Eh, no one free to take you. If I don't go, means you don't go. Free tickets also what!"

"Ok, ok..."

"Hey? What concert is this again?"

"Linkin Park laa. Only my favourite band in the world..."

"Ha? Linking Park ah? The one that Denise doesn't like one? With the skinny guy that screams? Aiyo, why did I come in the first place?"

"You answered your own question in advance already, mom. And his name is Chester."

*glares at random concert-goer*

"HEY YOU! BUMP INTO ME ALSO DON'T APOLOGIZE! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M HERE WITH MY DAUGHTER?"

"Nrrgghhh..."

*runs away*

That's something like the Simple Plan concert. T_T I could just shrivel up and die I tell you. BELINDA, PLEASE DON'T HAVE WORK ON THE CONCERT DAY!!! Come with me to the concert! Save me from eternal mortification! D=


Song of the day:

"Runaway - Linkin Park"

You'd want to run away too, if you were me.



5 comments:

YL said...

o_O

ok....that freaked me out too...

Denise said...

blue is nice! blue is nice! my favourite colour. :D weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Denise said...

ooooh, btw, i'm visitor number 1010! but i can't 'rawr' on your chatbox. so weird :/

Blue Ice said...

Hahaha I'm so glad to have my name there when it comes to Linkin Park concert. I would love to go with you whether I have work or not, I wanna make it there. Hehe I miss Mike =) Cheh wah like I know him so well.

snowbunnie said...

I <3 Mike too. =P

And Chester.
And Rob.
And Joe.
And Brad.
And Phoenix.

Hahaha!