Tuesday, April 11, 2006

[insert long, drawn-out sigh here]

What a pickle I've gotten myself into. Yes, I auditioned for ed board purely because my sister asked me to and that I felt that the magazine was deteriorating (a little, pardon my whining, any of those who happen to be ed board members here).

So...I have to do some ping-pong article and cover Everybody's Day. Problem is, I have to go and find out what happened at the ping-pong competition, since I wasn't present at the event, and I plain hate interacting with teachers.

Interaction with my peers has improved by far, coming a long way from the anti-social girl who preferred to sit in a corner with her story book, absently tracing outlines of non-existential things in the air. Ask anyone who's been with me since Form 1 to confirm.

But nooo, I still hate teachers. I cannot explain why, I just prefer to keep my contact with the tyrannical beings to a bare minimum. That is, class and club activities. So, yeah. Now I have to go find a teacher whose name I have already forgotten to get info for the article.

Sad.

Even worse is that I have been cursed since I was 12.

I have never been to a single Everybody's Day since entering CBN. Regardless of what I do, I fall sick on that day every single year.

Maybe it's my sub-concious mind that urges me to deal a blow to my health so that I wouldn't have to force myself to attend a so-called 'everybody's day' and listen to horrible music and eat cold spaghetti, while annoying wannabe covergirls loiter around the school posing with their camera like, well, poseurs.

I can't express how dreadful that day is. To me, at least.

*sigh*

I will do the articles of course. I'm not about to shirk from my first assignment, much as I would like to run and hide, and never show my face in the school again.

It's time for a personality revamp, I think. I don't know, I have this weird thing about me that changes every now and then to adapt to situations.

So far, I have been the loner, the sulky girl in the corner, the annoying ditz with the ridiculous sun-bleached hair (ugh, it's actually brown now), the outspoken uber-b*tch (I'm still bound by my no-profanity week pledge), the reluctant follower, and God knows what else.

So, I shall once again morph, this time I'll be the stupid sucky 'I love teachers!' geek. =D I can do it. I hope. Or I shall be kicked off the ed board before I even write my first article.

What a nice thought.

Now that I come to think about it, I wonder how, and why, I got into the Ed Board in the first place. The two audition articles are by far, my most careless pieces of work.

One of which was a piece of fiction that I wrote the night before I had to hand it in, near midnight, right before I slept. Yet another cheesy story I refused to show anyone else. Yuh.

The second, an interview with a straight-A student. Of course I picked Siew Lei, because I know her quite well. I did the interview a couple of days after the assignment was given. I was pretty pleased with it, overall.

But alas! Siew Lei misplaced the piece of paper of which I jotted down the whole interview. So I told Mei-Fern that I lost it and would hand it in during the next meeting.

I didn't re-do the interview, I confess. I merely got an apolegetic Siew Lei to grant me permission to well, make up another interview, based on anything I recalled from the original interview.

On the condition that I didn't make her out to be loony nerd who studied 24 hours a day. Hah! As if.

In the end, the 'interview' was handed in with blessings from Siew Lei, who said I did a very good imitation of her speech.

And the rest was history. I feel weird.

Of course, I appreciate my place there, but I didn't expect actual interaction with the faculty. Which is pretty foolish, now that I think of it. How am I supposed to write articles then? Bah!

***

I just realised that I never did change my font and sidebar, as promised. It's still the one from the previous layout. But then, I have never been one to fulfill my promises, so nyeh.

...I hate ping pong! :'(


Song of the day:

"Agoraphobia - Incubus"

I think I may be a very mild agoraphobic. =O I'm definitely way outside of my comfort zone right now.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Look back the past year books. You'll find one article rebecca wrote on tennis (at least i think it is, ask her). It's very unique. Not just a plain old report on who participated, who won bla bla bla. ;)