Sunday, April 09, 2006

Zzzz...

It figures that the time I feel like blogging is when I'm in a bad mood. x.x

I'm on my anti-cursing thing again. That means no foul language for a week, except when I'm singing. Because censored songs are annoying. If I do make this whole week without spewing profanity, (unlike the last time where I lasted a full 3 days) I think I may just feel more like a 14 year old, and less like trailer trash again.

But then, it's been a bad week so far. My friend is being extorted in school, another friend suspects that she's pregnant with a baby whose father has dumped her (NO comments please), x.x PMS and stupid piano lessons.

Yes, I am on my piano-lesson hating kick again. I still can't believe my mom pays 250 bucks every month to have me packed off to a stuffy, dusty house in Cheras to have my teacher watch me play the piano.

I can't quit either, or my mom'll be all angry and say that I've wasted all her money so far by attempting to quit every year, before I reach Grade 8.

That's 62.50 for that measly 1 and a half hours, thank you. Not to mention that I'm STILL on the same page in my theory book after...4 months? I hate theory. But then, who doesn't?

If that's not wasting money, I don't know what is.

So, today, being piano replacement day, I decided to try as hard as I can to annoy my teacher.

It wasn't hard, seriously, especially since waking up at 12.30 on a Sunday is already considered a great feat for me, and that I already felt nauseous BEFORE I walked into her oxygen-less house. So I was extremely grumpy. And people are supposed to be annoyed by grumpy people, no?

What annoyed me the most is that at first, she refused to be annoyed. -_-'' I played as badly as I possibly could. But then, it seems that my worst is nothing compared to her other students. I delibarately hit all the wrong notes, even changing keys at times, even though my sight reading is perfectly fine.

STILL, she was just like, "no no, play again! Come on, that's an F# not a g!" All peppy-like.

I slouched in the chair, I made my nails clack on the keyboard, I refused to use the pedal, I brought my legs up and sat cross-legged on the chair. Still nothing.

Bah!

Finally, she decided to use the pedal for me, since 'it joins chords and makes it seem romantic.'

I hate romantic music.

So I delighted myself in playing wrong notes every other bar, making the piano wail horribly incessantly. Haha! Finally, she just got cross and pretended to not notice my mistakes.

Mission accomplished. =P I have successfully annoyed the un-annoyable teacher. Booyah! I feel better already.

The moment she left the room though, I played my best piece. It's practically the only piece I can play with an average of only 2 mistakes per page, which is good for a person who barely scraped by Grade 5. It's a Grade 8 piano piece, if you must know. *sniffs all perasan-ly*

Then, when she re-entered the room, MISTAKES GALORE! NYAHAHAHA!!! What teacher wouldn't be annoyed?

***

Also, I shouldn't keep my toenails long. I mean, who keeps their toenails long? I guess I do that since I'm unable to keep my fingernails long, or I won't be able to play my guitar. Anyhow, while playing around with the football yesterday, my toenail broke!

AHHH!! Lemme measure, hold on...a WHOLE 5 mm broke off! Leaving my a poor, naked cuticle behind. Ouch.

I think I'm starting to talk nonsense now, so I'm signing off before I let the heat wave completely wipe out any sense of literacy.

Yay, I didn't curse a single time during the whole post! Go me =D


Song of the day:

"Song to Say Goodbye - Placebo"

Creepy. It makes me want to cry whenever I hear it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yah!!!!!!!!!!!
i play good when my teacher aint there...
and twice as bad when my teacher is there.....

grrrr........