Friday, April 21, 2006

Planning for an outing 101

Who knew planning for an outing could be so hard?

Now you know why I prefer to stay home.

Lesson #1: Finding friends for the outing

This is essential. No one goes out alone, for fear of looking dumb. And also, you'd probably get bored with talking to yourself within an hour. You aren't that interesting, ok.

"Go Stephie, it's your birthday. Let's go party!"

"Can't, I got BBQ at my house la. My party some more, another day can?"

***

"Bel, let's go?"

"Ha? What's that? I think I got something up tomorrow night..."

***

"Lu?"

"Piano class."

***

"Siew?"

"Tuition."

***

"Amber?"

"Huh? What's that?"

***

"Abi?"

"Waaaaaaaaaa, cannot la. Got church next day!"

***

"Danu?"

"I WANNA GO!!"

"Oh yay!"

"Ang also going I think, you ask her?"

"Ang, going?"

"Tuition, but I see what I can do la."

***

Bingo. Slowly unravel your chain of friends and you should find someone who would be so kind as to accompany you for a whole freaking day.

***

"Hey guys, you know tomorrow Quiksilver is having this surf/skate/music thing? I WANNA GO!!!"

"That's what I've talking about la, Amber!" -_-''

"Oh! Oh, wanna go!"

***

2 people.

***

"Wing Yie?"

"Tuition."

***

Beware of the tuition zombies. They're EVERYWHERE! I can't believe people have tuition on weekends!

***

"Yap?"

"Going zoo negara."

***

"Sui Yi?"

"Ok! I wanna go!"

***

3 people.

***

"Pui?"

"Tuition!"

***

See. Told you so.

Summary:

-Find people to go with you
-Avoid tuition-ees
-Try not to do the organizing the day before the event

Ok, next lesson.

----------------------------------------------------

Lesson #2: Leg-twisting

This'll be a breeze for most of you, I bet. Especially for all the anak manjas out there!

"Mommy, can I go to school tomorrow?"

"Ha? Got school tomorrow? And you wanna go? HA?"

"Yeah." *blinks innocently*

Make, your target feel like she's getting a great deal out of this. My mom is kinda pleased I want to go to school.

"Why?"

"Oh, cause then we can all go Sunway afterwards, my friends and I."

"What?"

"Pleeeeeeease?"

"Ok, ok fine."

"But then still don't know how to come home la..."

"Ask your friend's parents la!"

"Ha? Dunno lar, got LRT station or not? What time does the LRT station close? Maybe you can pick us up from the station."

*puts on doubtful face*

"WHAAAAAAAAAT?? No way you're taking LRT in the middle of the night!! Fine, fine I fetch you all la!"

=D

Summary:

-Pick a good time to ask
-Make your target feel that he/she is getting the better end of the deal
-If it's your parent, make him/her imagine you in a dangerous, isolated LRT station, and they'll agree to pick you up immediately

Okies! Next lesson.

----------------------------------------------------

Lesson #3: Re-arranging your schedule

My schedule goes like this:

1015: Wake up
1045: Ta-pau burger from McD and go for piano lesson in Cheras
1310: Mom picks me up from piano lesson and goes home
1430: Leave to finish project in Bangsar
1700: Drama practice
0000: Go home

So I make the appropriate calls, more leg-twisting.

"Ma, I postpone piano class, ok?"

"You call Aunty Mary ah."

"Ok. Dad, can pleeeeeeease call the bus-driver? Scared he won't pick me up tomorrow..."

"Ha? Ok, where's the phone number? Remind me to call later."

Drama practice and the project have also been taken care of. Heehee!

Try to catch the person in charge right before they go offline, so you don't have to take the flak!

*Gr, just as I was typing, Nisha called me.

"Why can't you come?" *Disappointed voice*

Uh-oh.

Summary:

-Volunteer to call your teacher, so your dad acquiesces to call the bus-driver, whom you can't understand at all because you don't speak Cantonese OR Malay
-Sneakily leave a message online if you're going to cancel any plans, to avoid that oh-so-sad voice persuading you to come the next day
-DISCONNECT YOUR PHONES!

----------------------------------------------------

Lesson #4: Getting a meeting place

Now you'll see why I'm going to school on a Saturday.

"We'll meet in school tomorrow then we'll all go together, ok?"

"Ha? I got piano class wor..."

"Cancel it!!!"

"Ok, I'll see what I can do la..."

"Can bring clothes to school meh?"

"Aiya, they don't spot-check on Saturdays what..."

(*if any prefects are reading this now, pretend you're not)

Summary:
-Choose a place convenient for everyone, especially if 2 of your friends stay all the way in Sungai Buloh (!!!)

----------------------------------------------------

Lesson #5: Confirming with your friends after the initial planning

Set up a time to call, and DON'T FALL ASLEEP AT THE PLANNED TIME OF CALL! Important!

"I call you later ok?"

"Sure."

*goes home*

1500 hours

"Dad, wake me up when you're done with the comp ok?"

"Ok, you take a nap alright?"

---time passes---

1800 hours

"WHAT THE!! Why never wake me up one?? AHHHH!!!"

Just then, the phone rings. I run to get the phone, but my dad beat me to it.

"Hello? Can I speak to Stephanie?"

"Oh, I think she's asleep. Wait lemme check."

(Noooooooooooo!!)

"Steph! Your phone!"

"Yes! Okokok..."

*picks up phone only to be met with the dull dial tone*

Urgh.

Summary:

-ALWAYS remember to take down your friends number, don't expect them to call you
-NEVER fall asleep at during the designated call time
-TRY not to let your dad pick up the phone

To be continued tomorrow...if the plans even work out, that is.


Song of the Day:

"Me Against The Music - Britney and Madonna"

Thursday, JT. Friday, Britney! WHAT'S HAPPENING?? I'm going crazy...

1 comment:

YL said...

huahaha...
i dunno why...

but when i read my part where i said i wanna go zoo...

i was laughing like hell...

everyone is like "got class..got tuition"

suddenly "have to go zoo"

tehehehe