Sunday, November 11, 2007

Chicago

I went to see Chicago the Musical today at Plenary Hall @ KLCC.

What am I doing watching a RM180 musical 2 days before SPM you ask me?
...Well, why not?
Hahaha.


Anyway, the musical was fine.

I liked some of the songs, and oh my god I LOVE cabaret!

Forget salsa, forget break dancing; I want to pick up cabaret dancing, or whatever you call it.
=D

The girl's costumes were okay - they hardly changed out of their initial outfits.

Only Roxie Hart had a wardrobe change, well, the only one I noticed anyway and that's what counts.


But one thing I HATED about the whole thing was the disgustingly horrible layout of the hall.

The seats are arranged so that wall of the upper tier where we sat, blocked the lower half of the stage.
= =

I had to sit super-duper-ramrod-straight just to see the whole stage properly, otherwise the performers' feet would be cut off by a length of varnished plywood.

And it was SO uncomfortable! I either had to sit really straight, crane my neck forward, or sit on the edge of my seat just to get a good view!

And this is for a person of my height - all of 5 feet 8 inches and I was struggling to get a good view?
How about the average Malaysian? Huh?

My mom couldn't see much, my cousin was complaining, and her husband walked out during the interval - it was that bad.


He said there's no point watching anymore - it's so freaking uncomfortable.

Sigh.

Whatever it was, it wasn't worth it.

Not even the male dancers in their black fishnet top + suspender + police hats combo could make up for my aching neck.


Oh well.
If it were 50 bucks, it might still have been worth it - but 180 ringgit?
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?


1. There was no set change at all

2. Nearly no costume change at all

3. Some parts of the vocals were garbled - especially when there were 6 people singing together. I couldn't make out what they were saying at all
4. There was an interval of a whopping FIFTEEN minutes!


Hello? A couple hundred people and only one toilet per floor? How do you expect us to pee/makeup/primp in fifteen minutes?


In the end, I didn't even bother to go - mom and I went downstairs to grab an ice cream WHICH we didn't have time to finish.


Well, we did, but I had to gobble mine up so fast I might as well have not eaten it at all - I barely had time to enjoy it. (Plus, there weren't any garbage cans in sight. Stupid.)

Come ON! Is a 30-minute break too much to ask for?

Zzz.
The only good thing about the show is that it wasn't censored at all.


They were allowed to say stuff like 'son of a bitch,' 'ass,' 'SHIT!' etc.

Everything short of 'fuck,' actually.

Ha!


But since my 5-year-old nephew was there, it might not have been such a good idea, lol.


Btw, I got mistaken for a guy today for the second time!

Ahahahaha...I was hurrying past the concourse in KLCC where they were having their Hugo XY and XX promotion, and this salesguy asked me:

"Try it sir?"

I smirked as I walked past him, then he hurriedly corrected himself:

"...err ma'am?!"

LMAO! Poor guy sounded confused and embarassed at the same time.
I found it so funny la, I don't know why Yap gets upset everytime she gets mistaken for a guy.


To be fair, I was in guy mode today - black cargo pants, and blue shirt unbuttoned at the collar and sneakers. (Hey, I thought the dress code was smart casual ok?)


I even ditched the earrings, rings, necklace etc. (Cause I was running late, and my ear is swollen again= =)


So I just find it really amusing when people stare at me all puzzled.

Ahahaha...last week Khai told me that he thought I was guy at a first glance, from across the room.


See?
Even my FRIEND mistook me for a guy!

How cool is that?


I don't even know why I find gender confusion funny.
o_o

Is it just me or...?


Cause Yap was complaining about someone calling her 'leng zhai' that day.

And Siew told me that a customer called her 'uncle' once.


Hey, if someone called me a 'leng zhai,' I'd be totally flattered, cause it's the 'leng' that counts - let's just ignore the 'zhai,' shall we? =)


Yee...do I hang around butch girls too much or do guys look too much like girls nowadays that we can be so easily mistaken for one another?


In fact, today as I was walking toward Low Yat Plaza, I saw this guy walking towards me.

I caught his eye and we just stared amusedly at each other - I mean, he was obviously a guy, but I'd bet you that I looked more macho than him right there and then.


So...guyish girl staring at girlish guy.
Lol.
We could just swap places and people wouldn't give us a second glance.


Hahaha...guys are so sissy nowadays.

Purple t-shirt, brownish-blond shoulder length hair, fitting jeans...aiyoyo.

Whatever, that marks another criteria for my future boy-boy:


He must not look any more feminine than I do!

Well, that narrows the field a lot ^^


When asked, JL told me that I looked kinda like those nerdy-yet-cool guys from Korean (or was it Japanese? I forgot) TV shows.
Cool la! ^^

Other reactions:


Laksh
- OMG Steph what did you do to your hair?


Khai
- You know, I thought you were a guy just now...


And I'm so sorry I keep forgetting whatshername >< We aren't very close - said that my hair suits me well - very gothic.

Oh lord, I look GOTHIC now?
Hahaha! What la!

I remember when people used to think I had eyeliner on when I'm completely makeup free.
I used to wonder why, and I finally concluded that it was the angle of my eyelashes (they point down) that make my eyes appear to be ringed in black...?

I don't know la.
You people need your eyes checked.

Brandon gave me the 'OK' sign from across the room.
He can talk with his hands la.

He caught my eye and frowned.
I raised my eyebrows.
He did a scissor motion above his ear and blinked.
I grinned and nodded.
He cocked his head to the side, paused to think, and promptly gave me the ok sign.

No need to talk also, lol.

It's like the way I can understand what Ling is saying even if she's talking (or mumbling) with her mouth full - it's hilarious.

Abigail tried, but I screwed it up.


Mm MM mm-mm-mmm...

Er....'I hate chemistry?'


Lol, no la! I said: I love Oreos!

Aiyo, close enough la! Sounds the same right?


Heh heh.

Anyway, just to let you know Den, I bought another book today - The Manny by Holly Peterson.
More chicklit to devour when you come back!

Do not do not do not stress ok?

See?
I'm having the biggest exam of my life in TWO days (well, kind of,) and I go shopping for storybooks.

Heehee...this is exam we've all been waiting for - to see if 10 years of Malaysian education has paid off or not.


=x


But I have to thank my mom loads for not stressing me at all.

Today again she said she does not expect straight As from me - I have put in my effort and that is good enough.


I didn't even notice how stressed I was until I found myself close to tears talking to Den on the phone - YOUR FAULT LA!


You know stress is contagious right?


See la, here I am going to sit for SPM, and you're sitting for a routine year-end exam and you sound even more panicky than I am.

Or course la I'll start panicking also!
O_O''

=P
Nevermind la.
New storybooks calm me down.
Faster come back then you can read about Aya Fuse!
I can't wait for SPM to start!
And finish, of course.


I want to go to B's house and finish watching Ouran High School!

Dammit la, the twins are so cute and evil.

Kaoru and Hikaru.

If I'm not mistaken, Sui likes Kyoya - they're both calculative and money-minded =P And B thinks I'm the Mori to her Hani = =;

L-R: Kyoka, Tamaki (sounds like food = =,) The twins, Haruhi, Hani and Mori

She can be Hani la, but I don't think I'm very much like Mori at all - for one, my vocabulary extends beyond 'ah,' 'hm,' and 'en.'

There was this one episode where there were these girls from a visiting all-girls school.

And they had their own Host Club - girls for girls!

And the leader was totally guyish.
And you know what I told Abi?

"Yer, she's so tall. Oh my god."

Then I paused, and B just stared at me and then burst out laughing.

I should be the one talking!

Tengok gambar ni pun malu la!

...
Side-by-side comparison of B and I. AND she's wearing heels.

...

Ok la, I'm wearing sports shoes too, but still.

Ahahaha.
Let's see how many more strangers (and friends) think I'm a guy. Whee!

Lala-zai or not? XD

Yes la, I know my double eyelids seem to have vanished in this photo - I've had my contacts on for too long. (My eyes are red ._.)

Don't worry, they'll be back = =

Gosh, Yi Ling, come over on the 26th and let's camwhore together!
Or do something equally superficial...just cause we can! =P

(2 more days! I just had to say that. Haha =P)

Song of the Day:

"Stay With You - Goo Goo Dolls"

Cause I need some feel good music right now!

3 comments:

YL said...

LOL

that picture very girlish okay!!!!!
nvr see boys with the haircut....=P

and to be lala, your eyes must open extra large, camera must be above your head and must look up.

xD

i am the camwhore expert. hahahaha.

btw

Chicago movie is nice. =D

too bad about the musical. hehe.

snowbunnie said...

Lala-zai wor, not lala-lui. ><

Hahaha, fine.
See my eyes open big big you sure scared one leh =P

And then ah, must tok lyk dis oso leh~

Lalas-4EVA!
xxx

*Eh, I saw guys with more feminine haircuts than that ok!

Esp in TS/Sungei Wang, hahaha XD

Denise said...

What camwhore on 26th! Go airport ah! =P