Sunday, November 18, 2007

This is Malaysia.

What did I expect?

At 8 pm, I told myself:

One game, then I'll go study Chem.
I promise!
Well, one FULL game anyway.


And here I am, at midnight, finishing my first COMPLETE game.

-.-''

So many leavers.

On my team.
On the opposing team.

Overabundance of laggers.
Sore hosts who leave when they die.
Streamyx making me lag out somehow. -.-

Anyway, I've just finished such an intense game I'm still feeling that DotA high. =x
DotA is my drug.

Because this is yet another DotA post, I'm going to make it Yi Ling-friendly again.
=P
So she can learn some basic stuff before I really teach her how to play after SPM.

I was playing Balanar again.

And until I was lvl 16, I still had NOT gotten a single kill.
How pathetic is that? -.-

I died once, instead.
Well, to be fair, I was saving a friend, but failed to escape.
Got stunned by Crixalis, and Techies suicided in my face.

It was partly my fault though, I insisted on taking a solo lane, and I let my solo enemy farm well.

Farm:

Earning gold and exp.

When the first night arrived, I couldn't kill anyone.
-.-

They were very alert and sticked stuck (thanks Den ._.'') together, and the moment I vanished from my lane, they retreated into hiding. It did NOT help that THREE of them were stunners (na, sk, vs.)

One was Techies, which I couldn't go near, as I hadn't upped my Fear yet - he'd just suicide and kill both of us.

Techies:

Hero with a suicide spell. Casting the spell kills himself and gravely damages anyone close to him at the time of the suicide.

Silence:

A spell. When cast, it makes a hero unable to cast any spells for a fixed period of time. Hero can still attack regularly, however.

Fear:


Crippling Fear. One of Balanar's spells.
Silences the enemy and makes the enemy miss on most of his regular attacks.
Works only in the nighttime.

Last hero was Abaddon, who was quite unkillable due to his skills.

= =

So, there you go, I was STARVED.
Starved for cash.
Starved for exp.

It did not help whatsoever that one of my teammates left, and the other was a super feeder + noob + eventual leaver.

Feeder:

Player who is killed frequently without good reason and provides the enemy with exp and gold everytime he is killed by aforementioned enemy. Hence the term 'feeding.'

But anyway!
I farmed neutrals throughout the day, and kept wasting my ulti to save my teammate Razor.
=.=

NA had a jolly good time hunting down my tofu teammates early game.
My remaining two teammates were Razor and Weaver, who are both extrememly fragile throughout the whole game.

Razor

Weaver


Ulti:

Ultimate spell. A hero's signature spell. Usually the most powerful of the four spells, but costs more mana points and has a longer cooldown (can't be used as frequently.)

Tofu:

Fragile/Low-lifed/Has a small hitpoint pool

NA:

Nerubian Assassin, a hero. Known for turning invisible and backstabbing. Has a stun.

So anyway, I kept wasting my ulti to help save Razor from NA - so instead of hunting and killing with my precious nighttime, I was busy saving people's ass.

Sigh.

Balanar's ulti:

Turns day into night for an amount of time so that he can thrive. Night Stalker, remember?

Sien.
Anyway, we resorted to backdooring, but still lost the game.
Hahahaha!

And before you pass judgment, backdooring was allowed in that situation as we were:

- one player short
-it was past 60 minutes already, which are the basic conditions for backdooring.

Backdooring:

Attacking a tower in the enemy's base without any allied creeps/summons present. Under normal circumstances, it is considered highly unethical and a form of cheating. However, this depends on the rules of the individual league/server. The conditions to allow backdooring may vary.

Creeps:

Creeps are units generated every 30 seconds (known as one wave) by each team for each of the three lanes. Creeps meet halfway and fight each other. Heroes kill creeps to gain money and exp.

My teammates were pushing, and I was home because my hp was low.
And out of nowhere, NA came and pushed until all our towers and rax were down.

!!!

So our poor throne was left naked and unprotected.
Thank God I was home.
My teammates just died.
I was the only left alive, and I managed to chase NA away - I almost died as well though.
So gan cheong!

Our poor tree was almost dead!
500+ hp left only!

Normally by this time, most people would be:

Oh God, just let them finish it. We're gonna lose anyway. -.-''

But our host refused to give up.
We can do this! We can win!


So we fought back hard.

Razor defended the naked tree.
Weaver was in charge of backdooring.
I killed anyone who came near our base.

Tower:

Buildings that attack any enemy unit that comes close to it. Can only attack one unit at a time.

Throne:

The Frozen Throne.

The World Tree.
(Ok ok, so they remade the Tree. Just add some leaves, fireflies and lanterns hanging off some branches and it'll look exactly like this.)


The aim of the game is to kill the enemy's throne.
The first team to achieve this wins instantly.
The two thrones are known as the World Tree for the Sentinel team, and the Frozen Throne for the Scourge team.
The throne cannot defend itself, meaning it does not attack. However, it is protected by two towers that must be destroyed before the throne is vulnerable to attack.

Rax:

Barracks. Non-attacking buildings that generate creeps. When destroyed, the enemy creep wave becomes stronger (more hitpoints, and more damage.)

Our Weaver did a good job of backdooring.
He destroyed all the towers and rax of the middle lane until THEIR throne was naked as well.

Neck-and-neck man!

We decided to ALL go together and end the game ASAP.

I reached halfway to the enemy's base when I realised:

"ZZZ! LOA'S IN OUR BASE!"

LOA:


Lord of Avernus, also known as Abaddon, a hero with mainly defensive skills.

Immediately I teleported back and disposed of him.
I can't believe I beat Abaddon.
-.-

Abaddon's ulti:

Makes him invulnerable for 5 seconds.
Meaning I can attack him all I like for 5 seconds, and he won't take ANY damage at ALL.
Meanwhile, he is still attacking me and I DO take damage.

But by this time, out tree had a measly 120 hp left.
= =

In other words, ONE whack from a creep would put it out of it's misery.
SO TENSE MAN!

In the end, my team decided to let Razor defend, and Weaver and I will backdoor and end it.

Weaver said he'll distract the enemy while I finish it.
So fwee!
Balanar sprinted to the enemy's base full of determination to win the game!

...only to be met with a snarling Crixalis and Techies guarding the Throne.

SWT!

I was carrying a gem, and I could see the Throne completely surrounded with bombs the Techies had planted.

...

I had no choice but to retreat.
Sure, Crixalis I could deal with.
Techies? OH PLEASE. My food.

Gem:

Gem of True Sight.
An item to reveal nearby invisible units. Techies' bombs are invisible.
The gem costs 700 gold and drops when the hero carrying it is killed.
Meaning, bye-bye 700 gold when you get careless and die.

However,
Only a ranged hero could take out those bombs.

Ranged:

Attacks from a distance.
Balanar is a melee hero, meaning he attacks directly in front of you.

I could kill Crixalis and Techies, no problem.
But Techies would just blow his bombs up and kill me after that.

Or he could detonate them FIRST and leave me helpless to Crixalis' attack.

I retreated and told Weaver to get his ass here.
Meanwhile, Razor died and left our throne defenseless AGAIN.

Sighing, I teleported back and defended the tree.
Abaddon and NA were busy clearing creeps.
Razor bought out and we slaughtered Abaddon together: we ended up chasing him halfway down the middle lane.

And in this time, NA who had we THOUGHT had fled earlier, turned invisible, calmly walked back into our base and dealt the fatal blow to our poor tree.

...
So anti-climatic can?

I thought I would die defending the throne (or something equally dramatic!)
But instead, NA copied us and backdoored to win.

WHAT LA!

We were all like:

Huh?
Wtf?
LOL HAHAHAHAHA OMG GOOD ONE!

=.='

I guess that was the only way they could win, because by that time, I could solo any hero one on one. I could even take on Abaddon and NA together.

So I guess NA was smart to kill the tree while I was preoccupied with killing someone else.
-.-

But all in all, in was a great game (if you ignored the idiots who left the game.)

My teammates were super fat and were dealing monstrous amounts of damage.
I was running around with 3000+ hp and a Satanic, so I was nearly invincible at this point.
Sigh.

Fat:

Well-fed. Meaning that they have farmed and 'fed' well, and have good items, and a high level.

Satanic:

A satanic item! Muahahaha!
Basically, when activated, this item gievs you bonus damage and bonus lifesteal.

Lifesteal:

A portion of the damage you deal returned to you in the form of hitpoints.
Meaning, you heal as you whack. Works well on heroes who deal a lot of damage very quickly, ie. Balanar =D

Le sigh.
I still think we could have won, if only a little more care was taken to make sure that little sneak didn't walk in our base invisible.
= =

But good game, and that makes me happy!
I ish very content. ^^


Song of the Day:

"Without Me - Eminem"

Now this looks like a job for me!

No comments: