Saturday, April 26, 2008

._. Addicted.

*

Non-DotA readers, skip to the next red star.

Ahaha. I'm back in X|MoD. Don't ask why, it's only temporary, hehe.

I managed to random troll twice in a row today. -_-
First game we were one person down, and Dirge was pumping me.
Eaglehorn, Claymore, Helm of Iron Will.

And being the noob lagger I am - I have taken to leaving my music on while playing, it keeps me calm - I still couldn't save my team from being owned.

It was something like 8-6.
-_-?

What can I do if they all aimed me? T_T

But nevermind. Still noob la.
I was surprised that Jie even wanted to play with me again after that - being Nic's and Zerick's friend I thought he'd run off with them the moment they finished their game.

But no, he said it's ok, he'll play if I play.
So ok.
I got troll again.

WALAO I DUWAN TROLL!
Nvm, you pro ma.
WTF YOU GOT SEE ME FEED EARLIER OR NOT?
...lol

I was spiking even worse this game, but thank God everyone else was lagging, so we had an even playing field. =)

As usual, I did my last hits like crap (or actually, I just don't bother, since the enemy doesn't) so luckily I managed to get first blood and kill a few more early.

Hehe. Ended up 17-6.

Same amount of deaths, but double the kills, hehe.
Maybe cause Jie lagged out and I stole his SnY HAHA.
But the other team had 3 leavers and we had 2.

But then again, late game troll is basically a piece of cake - just melee it and bash them to death. =/ If they run, range it/lothar/rampage and kill them. (This is provided you're not disabled/hexed to death in the first place - I was lucky Enchantress didn't Guinsoo up.)

Nevermind, I shall practise more and try not to feed ;D

*

I think I have lost 80% of my DotA games the past two weeks.
Haha. And I've stopped caring already.

I think this is because I'm weaning myself off DotA and going back to my past interests like reading and drawing.

That day I spent 90 straight minutes on the piano. =x

Thank God for thunderstorms and Viv's insistence that I stay at her place to 'study.'

I still love doing crafts. =)
Take me mom's tax manual as proof - I think it's still covered in my little cutouts. Haha.

Now Ling has to teach me how to make that origami lamp!
Okay Lingling?

Then I'm going to take out all my new books and finish them.
I've been reading at a constant rate of one book a day lately.

Wahaha.

Maybe that's why I rejoined the clan. Petty arguments over who was being a noob and bitch doesn't concern me as much anymore - I'll just ignore them.

Besides, Arief seems damned pleased and I won't put a dent in his happiness for now by leaving and/or running off to Viv's clan. (She told me she immediately kicked the 2 people who nudged while I was in game and that I can come back now, but I still said no, it's not necessary.)

It feels like DotA has been an uncontrollable addiction this past two years, and I'm glad I'm seeing that there are still other things that I love doing besides playing.

I've come to realise that this ridiculous DotA obsession has eaten up a major part of my life - whether I deny it or not.

For instance, there was a time where I couldn't sleep at night without at least playing one game to satisfy my craving - whether it was already midnight and I had school the next day.

I sometimes opt out of weekend outings with my mom to stay home and play.

I'm always in a rush to come home and play some more.

._. I played throughout my SPM.

My sister and her friends started saying I'm going to get my first boyfriend off playing DotA. People started seeing me as 'that girl who DotA's all the time.'
When asked about my hobbies, I'd reply 'DotA.'
...
I injured my wrist by excessive playing 2 weeks before SPM. (-_- Leaving my to do my pre-SPM tests with my left hand.)

It's kind of freaky, knowing that a simple online game can influence your life so much.

Now I'm determined to make it a smaller part of my life - though not to wean it out completely (you KNOW that would NEVER work.)

I've taken hiatus-es, and the longest I've ever managed to stop completely, voluntarily, in this 2 years was one week. One freaking week.
(Not including inevitable circumstances like a 3-week holiday to US.)

I've seen my friends severely affected by online disputes - Nic, who gets upset when he gets trashed in game - and I realise that I too, get affeted by these matters.

=] I've seen my friends quit - KC, who stopped playing after I started ignoring him - only to come back just as addicted as they once were. (Now he plays with me every night again.)

I KNOW I've just written my ESL investigative studies on video games, and discovered that online gaming CANNOT, in fact, be considered a legitimate addiction.

But what is this, if not addiction?

=/

You tell me.

Anyway, I've decided to cut down on my DotA hours, or spend stop cutting myself off from other people and start resuming activities I love.

Drawing and reading ftw. =)


Song of the Day:

"Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight) - ABBA"

Help me. xD

1 comment:

YL said...

"reading and drawing"

finally something i can relate to.
haha