Thursday, April 10, 2008

Conversation with a smoker

I accidentally skipped maths class today with Viv, which sucked cause I had already finished my homework and was enthusiastically awaiting further teachings about graphing functions.

._.''

Never mind the geek factor, our college revised our timetable again this week and neither of us knew about it.

We thought we had a 3-hour break and Maths, but actually it was a 2-hour break, Maths and another hour's break.

Maths was pushed forward from 1pm to 12 noon.

No one called us either.
Not that we would have responded, both of our handphones being buried in our bags, unheard over the cacophony at ftz.

So I was having lunch with her and her friends at Asia when I checked my handphone for the time.

12.53 pm

Just nice.

...eh? A message?

Maths now at class 2.4 Are u coming or not? Where are u?

Sent at: 12.02 pm

"WTF? VIVIENNNEEEE!"

-shows message-

A phone call to Arinah and lots semi-amused, semi-annoyed swearing ensued.

"Wait, so you mean, NOW'S our real break time?"
"Yup."
"Sooooo what are we gonna do?"
"TAKEI LO DUH! See your face also I know la! Ahahahaha! "

-_-'' Wah, my first pontenged class besides Moral.
My favourite subject summore. T_T

Anyway, before starting our second game of DotA, we finished up lunch first.

The first two guys who sat down with us were smokers.
I expressed my distaste to Viv whil ordering food, and she promptly relayed this bit of info two both of them.

One responded by sitting two tables away to smoke, and the other one finished his cigarette.

Then, Viv and he - I think his name was Gary (?) - showed me how to pack a cigarette.

I involves knocking the cigarette, smoking end down, smartly against a solid surface.
This will cause the isi to slide down and be compacted into one end of the ciggie.

"So what, does it taste different?"
"Of course! Because it is... er..."
"More pekat?"
"Yeah. That's the way it works."

o_o I never knew that.
Maybe it's because I normally walk a good distance away the moment I spot a smoker.
If I can help it.

I couldn't exactly WALK away from the table where we were all eating.
That would be a social faux pas.

Anyway, he made sure to exhale only when the fan behind me was blowing towards him so I didn't get any smoke in my face at all.
It worked. =)
Or, he just turned around and blew that way. Or upwards.

One time he forgot and exhaled in my face.

I blinked and stared at the cloud of smoke, holding my breath.
I stared at him through the smoke, and he sheepishly reached out and waved it away feebly.

^^''

"Wow. Thanks. That helps. Pretty much," I said amusedly.

But I scooted my chair a little farther back anyway.

Then they tried making this smoke waterfall thingie.
They stuck burning paper into the space between the plastic wrapping of the pack and the pack of cigarettes itself.

The smoke descended, instead of rising.

o_o Cool.

I assume it's cause it's denser than the tiny volume of air trapped in the confined space, but let's not make it all scientific, shall we?

^_^v

Do you like Minesweeper?

I'm addicted to Minesweeper. It's the only other game I play constantly when not DotAing.
I've been playing it since I was kid, cause my dad was addicted to it.

It's pretty simple actually.
A pinch of analysing, a lot of practising, and just a teeny bit of luck to play.
Haha.

Yet, it still fascinates people when they see me play Minesweeper.
I mean, I'm no expert, but for people who can't even go 20 seconds without exploding a mine, it's pretty darn awesome.

Arinah told me that she CAN play the game, but never that fast.
Viv said screw Minesweeper, she owns Freecell. Ew. Freecell. =_=
Today, Tung Herr was just watching me play. Going 'Wow. I could never get this game. You're good!'
Gary too. He just went 'Wow.'

But of course I enjoy the 'wow's.
However, people aren't gonna wow anymore once they figure out how easy it is to play.

Haha.

I was talking to the ever-lansi Kayshaan that day. (Gosh, he pisses me off.)

"Bye. I'm going to play Minesweeper. Definitely much more interesting than you are."
"...fine. Who asked you to talk to me anyway?"

I didn't point out that HE was the one who started up the short-lived conversation.
Always has been.
Always will be.

So I had already started playing when an Msn chat window popped up (and interrupted me -.-)

"It's easy, you know."
"What?" -irritation-
"Minesweeper la duh."
"I know, dur."
"Hah, my friend did it in 3 minutes. You try and beat him la!"
"..."
"Damn easy la I tell you."
"180?"
"What?"
"180 seconds. 3 minutes?"
"Yea man!"
"HAHAHAHAHA NUB! ROFL! I got it under 2 minutes. -.-"
"..."

Rofl.
EVERY SINGLE DAY he tries to lansi me.
Be it DotA, college or how I have no life etc.
Anything to feed his ego. =/

It felt so good to turn up my nose at him and render him speechless for once.
-_-'' I have decided not to talk to him anymore until he learns how to behave more maturely than an emotionally stunted 5-year-old.

The dude actually told me he wanted to kick Viv's ass in DotA. I LMAO-ed him and said that's never gonna happen. She won't even play seriously with him.

I doubt she'd even talk to an asshole like him (unlike softies like me - I have no idea how you TOLERATE him, Terence. Let alone say he's a nice guy wtf! Screw him and you la, I duwan choi him liao.)

I bet he wouldn't dare tell Viv that he wants to kick her ass in person. Rofl.
He definitely could.
He tells me that only that the clan war room is good enough for pros like him - and Viv is there almost 24/7.

._.

He could certainly tell her in person if he wanted to.
...
But who's wearing girly panties? =)

Anyway.

Just set a new record of 111 seconds. ^_^v

But I still feel noob, because I have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, (by Mark Haddon) and the autistic boy finished it under 100 seconds (I think around 90) and he said it was SLOW.

I remembered feeling EXTREMELY discouraged. T_T

Sniff. Nevermind.
I shall practice.
I love that game. =)


Song of the Day:

"In The End - Linkin Park"

Early night tonight. Long day of accounts ahead tomorrow.
Sigh.

1 comment:

YL said...

yah

minesweeper is damn easy when u get the game

i used to think it's damn hard. hahaha. until few months ago.

everything went "click"....EH SO EASY ONE...

ahaha

but im not fast la =P