Saturday, April 19, 2008

Streamyx is - was - DEAD

23:01
Wednesday, 16th April 2008

-_-
Streamyx is still dead. I've called them and they said that they need about 2 working days to try and resolve the problem at their end before they can dispatch a person to come and fix it manually.

Walaoeh. I have my English 2000 word draft to hand in on Friday, and I have yet to start, except for the introduction.
All my sources are online, and although I have a few of the articles saved on my hard disc, I'm not going to be able to complete it on time.

So, tomorrow I'm going to ask Miss Azreena for an extension til Monday, by which, hopefully, my internet will be up and running again.

Mom has up and left me to go and visit Den in Melbourne, leaving me to my own devices.
Last night I was wallowing in loneliness and despair - oh no, I don't take being abandoned very well - until KC snapped me out of it.

Streamyx died?
Yea... Sigh.
Sob. Tell me when you're gonna on.
Gonna try fixing it tomorrow, but can't keep my hopes us. Streamyx is so depressing. :(
I miss playing with you.
Already?
Yeah.
Heh. I'll harass streamyx tomorrow then. Go play with Bay first ba.
Lol he's sleeping!
Omg lol 20 minutes ago -.- I forgot. That baby! XD
Xd

Bay is gonna turn 16 years old this year, yet he sleeps at 10.30 sharp every night and insists on going GHHHEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERY time he sees me.
Wargh.

So anyway, I was slightly cheered that someone missed my presence online.
(Omg, I've been gone for one day and people have already noticed something wrong. What does that say about my online habits? 24/7 net geek rofl.)

Anyway, today mom woke me up in the middle of my nap by calling me and I'm sure I was really cranky.
I was rambling on about how streamyx is still dead and I give up la, screw my english assignment blabla let me go back to sleep now baiii~

And I went back to sleep.

Only to be woken less than half an hour later:

Fixed?
No...
When la?

-________-

It reminds me of the time where streamyx died on me for more than a week and he messaged me every single day asking me if it was fixed or not.

Lol. It got to a point where I'd wake up to a 'morning!' message and go to sleep after reading a 'night.' message from him.
And THEN my phone bill almost killed me, so I was like talk online pls la.

After that, I was really really stingy with my messages and only replied when it was necessary.
Heh.
Some people found that texting 'I'm bored. Whatcha doing?' did not merit a reply from me and stopped messaging me altogether.

My texting life died.

But my bill WAS cut in half the next month. ^_^''

***

Viv still never ceases to amuse me.
Today we were having lunch at AC with Swarna when this Indian girl came up to out table.

"Hello. I'm sorry to bother you, but may I know if you were from SMKDU?"
"Yea. Why?"
"Vivienne right? Do you remember me? I'm (I forgot her name)!"
"Oh my god HI! How ARE you?"

*shakes hand*

"I'm okay, gosh, long time no see! I'm at Segi now, where are you studying?"
"Taylor's."
"Oh! I'm doing mass comm, how about you?"
"Heh, I also wanted to do mass comm!"
"And then?"
"Dunno what happened la, my mom talktalktalk and I ended up taking SAM lo..."
"Oh...I see. Well I gotta go, see you around!"
"Alright! Take care!"

The moment she was roughly 6 feet away and barely (if at all) out of earshot:

"Oh my GOD, I HATE being nice! You know, she used to be as skinny as those girls over there. See what time can do to people."

Swarna and I started laughing.
Don't we all feel that way sometimes? Sometimes a person you never talked to before or barely noticed suddenly comes up to you and goes "HIIII how ARE you?"

Just because it's SUCH a conincidence that you've run into each other you feel you must make an effort to act nice although being indifferent has never bothered you before.

I discovered more of our differences today during the conversation over lunch.

Viv said that she can decide whether she likes a person or not at first sight, and treat them accordingly from there.

If she likes you, she treats you extremely well; if she doesn't, she won't even bother to talk to you, even if you treat her nicely.
I treat people nicely only if they treat me nicely. Otherwise, I ignore them if I don't like them.
Swarna on the other hand, tolerates most people and is nice to almost everyone.

Today she was relating to us how she was touched by this creepy guy in a store.

She was 14 or 15 and had run down to the convenience store to buy sugar.
The cashier asked her to step aside into a room and wait there.
He came and turned off the lights.

"Omg Swarna! Why would you DO that?"
"I don't know? He was being totally creepy. He was like, talking about sperm and stuff and I was talking about permanent stopping of sperm production...I just learned it in school and I was so scared I didn't know what else to say, so I was babbling..."
"What the hell? A stranger asks you to step into a room, turns off the lights and talks about sperm and you CHATTED WITH HIM? WTF?"
"And then he started to touch me, like put his arms around my waist..."
"Omg, then what did you do?"
"I ran, and told my mom."
"-_-? He let you go, just like that?"
"I don't know, I was so scared!"
"And you were chatting CASUALLY about sperm production to someone who was going to molest you? -_____-"

Viv and I: "..."

RAWR!
The naivety of some people really scares me.
She KNEW she had done nothing wrong, yet she consented to waiting in a room alone with a strange guy with huge arms.

Oh yeah, that's how we got to the topic.
Viv asked what we noticed on a guy that makes them attractive.

"I like arms. Oh my god...you know those slightly defined arms? Yummmmmm."
"Ahahah! Me too! Yea man! Drooool..."
"What kind do you mean? Those muscly types?"
"No no nooooo. Like that day I saw...omigosh. So so nice!"
"Where?"
"Er. You wouldn't believe it...Disney on Ice."
"-__-?!"
"No, I mean you know, the guys have to carry their female partner and all so they have really nice arms."
"Oh. Yeah."
"OH no no, I like faces. If I see him and he looks good, then oh yeah."
"Typical girl."
"I'm scared of arms anyway..."

And then yeah, she launched into that scary account of near-rape (Which I'm sure the situation would have escalated to had she not come to her senses/reacted to basic instinct and fled the scene.)

Tsktsktsk.
Now you know why I worry for Suisui.
If some guy asked her to wait in a room while he checked on something, she would most likely obey.
But I hope college life has knocked some streetsmarts into her. =)
Got, hor? Haha.

***

Anyway, today Tung Herr was so nice!
I asked him whether he had read through his moral notes yet cause there was a test today.
I couldn't cause my internet died, and I didn't have a hard copy.

He said no, he hadn't either, but he was going to print it right after that in the Web.

"Oooh, lend me after that?"
"Sure!"

10 minutes later, he walks up to me.

"Nah."
"Ah?"

I was like, swt.
He must have misunderstood me - he went and printed a copy for me, and this is AFTER I was complaining to him yesterday about how they must have miscalculated my print quota - I have about 2/3 left only.
And he was agreeing with me too - there simply wasn't enough print quota.

So, I was like:

"How much ah?"
"Ah? No no! For you one!"
"Huh? Really?"
"Yea!"
"But your print quota?"
"Nevermind...it's okay!"
"Oooo thanks yea! ;D"
"Sure sure, no problem."

Woots. I got a free set of Moral notes.
Wheee, plus today teacher showed us our moral marks.

I got highest in class - A 88

Wtf?
HAHAHAHA!
I got FULL MARKS for the last test summore.
Omg I'm such a geek! xD

Now no one can scold me for pontenging LAN so much - according to teleological theory, the means to get something does not matter as long as the end results is good.
So my pontenging class can be considered an act of morality as long as I keep getting good marks.

*points*
That's Chapter 4 Moral, btw.
I can't believe I actually read it through. o_o''
Must be the guilt after spending LAN periods in ftz watching Viv scream profanities at the screen instead of listening to Mr Teoh ramble on and on about latin translations. Heh.
(Does 'anima' mean soul in Latin btw? They asked it today, but it wasn't in the notes.)

I feel a bit guilty.
Today Viv was lying about her attendence - she skips every single class besides test days, whereas I go for about 1/3 of the classes excluding test days.
We need about 80% attendence to be able to sit for the final exam.

So she was bullshitting about Lydia being blind and not seeing her in the lecture theatre, thus not counting her present.
I was strolling casually up to the podium as she said this, meaning to ask Mr Teoh about the final exam format.

"I was present la teacher! My stupid class monitor only la, she always thinks I'm absent one! Stephanie also!"

Our names were next to each other on the name list.
She thought she was doing me a favour my getting my attendence marked even though I cut class together with her.

I let out a tiny 'ah?' of confusion to which she responded by whacking me hard in the side.


"We were both present la teacher! I just didn't let you sign my letter only!"
"You two girls ah, got problem one! I don't know how you..."
"Well, teacher, if you checked my results you can see that I got full marks and that means I have definitely been listening to what you were saying."
"Ugh...I don't know la you two."
"Check and see. I got the highest in class."
"Okay okay fine, next time make sure you're both present ah!"
"KK, thanks teacher!"

I rolled my eyeballs at Viv as we walked off.
Well, she got my attendence marked, but I'd rather be marked absent than be forced to lie about it.

But I couldn't exactly say NO WE WEREN'T PRESENT, SHE'S LYING!
That would get Viv barred from the final exam - I'm not gonna screw her up just to tell the truth - my morals aren't that strong, despite what my test scores say. =x
See, I got A1 for SPM Moral = fucking fat liar who is eloquent in bullshitting and fully capable of self-praise.

So I just bent my words to support Viv's point without lying directly.

Zzz. I wasn't lying at all either.
When I actually go for LAN classes, I DO pay attention - that's why I can read through the notes just once and sit for the test without breaking a sweat.

Rofl.
Thank God for 10/10.
Without cheating too. -_-
More than half the people in the hall have their notes hidden somewhere on their person. Yet, they still score about 7/10 only.
I feel like smacking them la.
Cheat also cannot cheat right, what la!

Anyway, I have been blogging for 50 minutes when I should have taken a shower and started doing my maths work.
Hopefully streamyx gets fixed on Friday - I have to play with KC as promised and hunt Nic down and apologise until he's happy again.

-_-''
I really bitched at him on Sunday night, screaming (typing in caps) and whatnot because he refused to cooperate with me.
Well. I lost my temper and I'm sorry.
I hate apologising, but I will when I must.
T_T


Song of the Day:

"It's a Long Way to the Top - AC/DC"

Letting out my frustration over my internet deprivation through offline blogging.
Boo.

No comments: