Thursday, April 24, 2008

Again!

My modem died again!
Two days ago!

And I hopped over to Viv's place to stay again, haha.
On the pretext of 'studying accounts.'

Well, we did, but I didn't get that much done - I did most of my revision the next day, and I was fine during the paper, so it's all good. =)

Viv was teaching Julian about accrued and prepaid accounting and I was just lying down listening.
Viv remarked that I was lucky that I could learn through listening, whereas Julian was sitting there writing everything down on a piece of paper so that it stays in his head better.

I guess everyone has different ways of learning things - I'm just glad mine doesn't have anything to do with physical work. Ahaha.

Before Julian came, I watched Viv play a practice match her all-girls team and they nearly drove me nuts.

I mean, I'm no pro, but watching them made me laugh and shriek with horror alternately.

=_=

Viv went down for 3 minutes to open the gate for Julian and left her Lina in my care for the same amount of time...and I died straightaway.

HAHAHAHHAHA!

It was partially my fault - I have no idea what she did with the settings, but the mouse was SUPER sensitive. I moved it a bit and the whole screen jumped around and I lost my hero. o_O To make it worse, she didn't have a control button for her hero, so I had to look for it manually.

LOL.

But that was not the reason I died.

Imagine me using Viv's Lina and Sand King comes.
Zeus is in front of us.

Sk stuns, I walk forward.
...only to discover that it was a feikei stun.
Zeus promptly double-killed us.

HAHAHAHAHA!

"Your hero didn't die. No no no. She didn't. ^^"

After that, we made Julian stay over so that he could drive us to college the next day - it started at 9am, otherwise we had to wake up around 6.45 to catch the 7am bus. -_-

What happened was...we woke up at 8.55 am.
Us, being Viv and I.

Julian was up since 7 studying, and was trying to get us two lazy bums to get up and out of bed since a little before 8.

"Wake up."
"Wahlao, you crazy ah? So early. Go back to sleep."

10 minutes later.

"Wake up ahhh, later jam wei."
"I show you shortcut and highway, go back to sleep."

10 minutes later.

"WOI WAKE UP LA! Later cannot find parking la!"
"I show you place to park, come and sleep la, haiyo."

10 minutes later.

"Fuck it la, WAKE UP LA WEH! We're gonna be late la!"
"Still early la. Come. Sleep."

*pats flat expense of bed in between her and me*

Julian gives up.
I feel a heavy thump and we all went back to sleep.

Next thing you know:

"OI WAKE UP! 8.55 already! Shit man!"

Viv gets up laughing while I rubbed my eyes.

"Sleep until around 9 only I happy de, ahahaha!"
"Mmmph...*mumbles*"
"*@(#^&@^! My IT attendence fail la!"

Poor boy was panicking. I felt a bit bad for him - we spent the better part of the previous night playing on the comp and we went out to eat mamak at midnight, coming back only at 1 am.

That was when I took a shower while he and Viv played another game of DotA.
-_-?

And then the next day we both refused to get up, AHAHA.
We were all marked absent for being late - we entered class at 9.25.
He was swearing like hell. And I was just staring at my screen bleary-eyed - not caring cause my absences are 3 and below (including MCs) except for LAN.

Anyway, the college can report to my mom about my absence/lateness/sleeping in class all they want.

I tell her everything anyway, so they have nothing on me.
Wahahah!

"I was late for class today."
"...why?"
"Oh, Viv and I refused to wake up. Ahaha! Julian was screaming at us and we were like 'nvm nvm go back to sleep, still early!' Then we entered class at 9.25."
"-_- So how was your accounts?"
"Okay, I could do it. =)"
"Oh. Okay."

Yupyup, take away the college's only potential tool of control over me. Whee.
She knows I skip all my LAN classes, that I sleep during Accounts and Maths and that sometimes I miss my classes/are late because I go takei-ing with Viv.

I'm sure she's concerned, but she doesn't really care that much as long as my grades don't fall.

That arrangement is fine for me.
Perfect, even.
Thank God SAM is relatively easy - just do your work and there will only be minimal studying to be done. ^_^v

Anyway, today I had my first whiff of pepper spray.

WTF, you say.
PEPPER SPRAY IN COLLEGE? HUH?

I wasn't sure if it WAS pepper spray - I didn't hang around long enough to confirm the fact.

We had just finished our individual Maths directed investigation (easy, but we definitely flunked yesterday's group work -.-)

I was talking to Arjun when one of my classmates backed into the partition dividing our classroom with the one next door.

The partition swung open.
My class was overcome by fits of coughing.
I think I was slow LOL.

I was just standing going '...ah?' while people hurriedly gathered up their things and evacuated.
Puzzled, I bent over to retrieve my bag from my drawer when it hit me.

The scent, I mean.
It wasn't so much a smell than a feeling.

A painful, intense burning feeling that seared the back of my throat, sent daggers of pain through my nostrils and made my eyes water.

Immediately, I stopped breathing and made hasty grabs for all my belongings strewn all over the desk.

"So, you could do it ah?" Arjun was asking me.
I nodded, grabbed my stuff and fled as the pepper spray finally got to him and induced fits of coughing.

"What the FUCK was THAT? Pepper spray? What the hell, it BURNS!"

Excuse my language, but it was HORRIBLE.

"Pepper spray. I kena once before, definitely pepper spray."

I exhaled sharply and inhaled minimally until I felt the substance was gone from my throat.
Man. It BURNED.

All my classmates around me were going WTF WTF WTF WAS THAT? around me, after we were safely 2 floors below our classroom.

-___-

And I'm pretty sure the substance wafted in from the neighbouring classroom - though none of us hung around long enough to confirm that fact.

All I could think was, if this is merely residue of the actual pepper spray...God help the poor bugger who got hit face-first by the nasty stuff. =/

Bleagh. Now I know what it feels like.
It's like inhaling pepper - I've done THAT before, having been the stupid, overtly curious child I once was (is that redundant?) I've sniffed a bottle of black pepper that sat next to my porridge once.

It was not pretty, I can tell you.
This felt the same, only increase the intensity of the burn 10 times and add watery eyes to that effect.

Whew.
Some sick part of me is exhilarated that I have finally experienced some, however minor, effects of pepper spray (I've always wondered what it feels like,) while the other part of me is thanking the sky and the earth that the thing wasn't sprayed in OUR classroom.

I pity the students who WERE in that classroom, however.
._.

Anyway, SOMEONE just confessed to me about her crush on the SAM vice student council president.

"Steph."
"Yea?"
"I have a crush on a boy in our college."

"Really?" I say with a mouth full of spaghetti. "Who?"
"His name is Darshan Kumar. He's in our LAN class."
"OUR LAN class? You're not even SUPPOSED to be in MY LAN class! NO WONDER YOU KEEP GOING FOR LAN LA! HAHAHAHA!"
"..."

She's an international student - LAN classes are required for Malaysian citizens only.
At first I thought she came just to keep my company.
Until I started skipping LAN to go takei with Viv and Julian.

...She still continued to go for LAN class.
-_-?
Viv and I were like, 'fuiyoh, you love LAN so much, take the exam for us la!'

NOW I KNOW LA!

She went for LAN all this time to check out the cute guy!
WTF and I thought she enjoyed my company! T_T

"Huh? Who is he?"
"He's our SAM student council vice president. I mean, he's kinda geeky - but he speaks really well!"
"No kidding. You love geeks? ME TOO AHAHAHAHA! I love them. SO SO CUTE!"
"-_-?"
"Summore Viv always laughs at me when she's busy checking out la-la guys and I'm looking at geeks. Yea man. Now I can tell her I'm not weird. Ahahah!"
"NOOOO Don't tell her!"
"Won't la."
"Phew."
"I'll just make YOU tell her. Mwahaha!"
"..."

I saw him today.
Or rather, his side profile.

"Hey Swarna."
"Hey Darshan!"

(I think that's his name, can't really remember - whatever la haha)

I walked past, staring blankly ahead - stoning as my classmates would say.

"Steph!"
"What?"
"That's the guy! It's HIM!"
"WHAT? WHERE?"
"The one who just talked to me!"

-_-

"He walked past already! You should have said so earlier!"

I started to walk back up the staircase to check him out.

"No, no. Don't go. -_-"
"Is he tall?"
"He's taller than me."
"Me?"
"...he's just a bit taller than me."
"AHAHAHA!"
"..."
"Sorry la, I like them tall."
"But he's cute!"
"Yea, he is."
"You haven't seen him yet."
"Hm. True."
"..."

Haha.

Anyway, this guy at the next table was staring at me today.
He kept turning around and staring, but whenever I glared at him he looked away.
At one point, he whispered to his friend next to him and they BOTH turned around to stare.
I was like WTF?

I mean, I'd say they were checking me out - only I looked like utter crap today, so THAT notion is ruled out.

My hair hadn't been washed in 2 days - it was a fluffy, greasy mess; I hadn't bothered to put on my contacts cause I slept late the night before and my eyes were dry.

Heck, I wasn't even smiling - just staring blankly into space/at the table/my fingernails.

So of course I felt really uncomfortable - what the hell was wrong with the way I looked today?
I fidgeted slightly and tried to ignore him.

There should be a rule against staring.
-_-

I mean, looking over and smiling is ok - that means you look good today.

That day I was looking at a guy playing table tennis that Viv pointed out.
"Geek playing table tennis there."
I looked over and he waved at me with his ping pong bat (racquet?)
"Gahahaha so cute!"
"Yea man."

Looking over and smirking/chuckling/laughing incredulously is also ok - it means you look ridiculous/fugly today.

I'm no stranger to receiving weird looks - mostly from girls primping in the bathroom - on the days were I just don't give a crap about my appearance (mostly due to lack of sleep/bad temper.)

I mean, I'd be staring too if I saw a tall gangly girl burst into the bathroom slouching, with her hair all over the face - distinguishable from the back of her head only by the glasses-shaped bump of her hair. Then imagine her ripping off her glasses, running wet fingers through her hair and splashing her face and with cold tap water, then leaving the bath room, dripping wet - scowl/blank stare clearly visible now that the hair has been slicked back.

Heh.

But staring blankly at you?
With no emotion whatsoever?
THAT IS FREAKING CREEPY OK!

T_T

Oh. Maybe they were wondering whether I was a guy or a girl.
HAHAHA!
Some people are so stupid. xD

Anyway, I went to the bathroom after that to check my appearance out.
Normal what, albeit a bit on the pale side. -_-
Until now, I'm still puzzling over it.

Was there char koay teow flecks on my face?
Was my hair sticking out 45 degrees out from my head?
Was there a scary insect crawling up my nose?
What?
WHAT?

T_T

See how agitated a simple blank stare can leave me?

Now I'm going to practise my blank stare and leave my poor victims squirming in their seats.
Never mind that they think I'm a freak - most people already do. Ahaha!

Gtg.
Finally made up with stoopid KC.
Play now.
Chao.


Song of the Day:

"Church - T-Pain feat. Teddy Verseti"

Nicky gave me this song, despite my assurances to myself that I dislike hip-hop.
Omg. I'm addicted to it now. That bugger! T_T

No comments: