Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Warrrghhhhh T___T

Last Friday, my ESL group had to do a powerpoint presentation and essay on tourism.

Should tourism be supported?

Well, on Friday I felt like a lazy traitorous pig so I didn't do anything except correct their grammatical mistakes in the essay. I told them that I'd do the powerpoint presentation, no worries.

On Sunday, no, Monday at nearly 3 am (after a DotA game and shower) I realised that something wasn't done.

HOLY @#*&^&@^%# ESL PRESENTATION!

So, at roughly 3 am on Monday morning, I sat down in front of the comp to do my assigned work.
Hell, if it weren't a group project I'd say, screw it all, I'm going to sleep - Math's exam in 7 hours.

I finished within half an hour and went to sleep.

I woke up at 9 the next day, missing my first class and barely made it on time to sit for my Maths exam.

I asked Swarna:

"Our stand on the tourism thingy was no, right?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Nah, just checking. I was up at 3 am doing..."
"OMG YOU'RE KIDDING! Say you're kidding!"
"-_- Not. Anyway it'd be really stupid if the powerpoint was against tourism and the essay was supporting tourism, haha."
"Yea man, lol!"

Second last period - IT - was right before ESL period.
I sat down and asked them to show me the essay.

"Oh, er it's too short! We haven't rewritten it yet..."
"...you didn't do it over the weekend?"
"..."
"Wtf. Fine. Just give me what you've got."

I opened the Word file, and discovered - as my gut instincts told me - that the stand was YES, we support tourism.

My powerpoint was NO, we do NOT support tourism.

Fail. =_=

"Hey, guys, my powerpoint's stand is the opposite from the essay, haha."
"OMG! SO HOW?"
"Huh? Just redo the powerpoint la. No biggie."
"Oh."

I read through the essay, and it was HORRIBLE. There were BARELY any points, and it was terribly put together - the result of many (4) people contributing various parts of the essay and simply gluing it together.

I told them, forget it, I'm going to rewrite the whole fucking thing to match MY powerpoint cause basically, it sucked.

They were insistant that it was ok, I don't have to - just let them elaborate a bit more to meet the word limit. (It was 300 words long - we needed 500 words)

I told them no, I'm writing it, I'm fine.

So I sat down for about half an hour during IT period writing the essay from scratch.
I completed it, with time to do the IT homework that was given on that day itself.

So, essentially, I did all the work - although it was purely my fault that my powerpoint was wrong.

However, I CANNOT stand shoddy English work, so I would've rewritten the essay again even if my powerpoint was correct.

Then I told them, 'you guys present, ok?'

"No la! You speak so well! You should present!"
"No."

I walked off, annoyed.

Dahlah I've helped them with the powerpoint slides, rewrote the essay to meet teacher's standards - now they want me to PRESENT as well? Forget it la, ladies.

Fine la, I stayed up til 3.30 am (my bad) to do the presentation slides from scratch.

They finished their Frankenstein essay on Friday and had the WHOLE fucking weekend to do it, but neglected to do so. All they had to do was elaborate a bit more and they'd be fine.

Do NOT tell me that they had NO time to do it.


I mean, I know I left it til' the last minute, but I STILL took the initiative to COMPLETE my part because it was group work and there was more than only MY ass hanging on the line. Apparently, they don't give a shit.

Screw them la, I finished the whole thing in 30 minutes, so what's THEIR excuse?

Worst of all, we didn't even GET to present that day.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Anyway, what REALLY pissed me off - and made me begin this post - was today's IT class.

Ms Sue gave us two skill tasks (basically practical revision, applying knowledge we have obtained through past lessons) which required knowledge of yesterday's class. (The one I had to do the ESL essay in.)

And the fucking stupid thing was that my classmates actually came to ask ME how to do the freaking skill task because THEY HAD NO TIME TO DO YESTERDAY'S IT WORK.

WHAT.
THE.
FUCK.

Yesterday, I sat there writing the whole freaking thing during class AND managed to take down notes from class AND I finished the today's skill tasks within 5 minutes.

And they fucking DARE ask me to help them, because 'they had no time to take down notes yesterday?'

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY DOING DURING CLASS?

Oh my God, sometimes I hate my classmates.
Just now another one just asked me to send her MY work over Msn so she could 'see' it.

I refused.

I mean, if you're totally clueless, I'd help you.

I helped Swarna finish her skill tasks today - although I was rather annoyed cause she obviously wasn't doing ANYTHING during yesterday's class (I know cause she was sitting beside me) yet still did not know how to do it.

But still, I'd show you my work if you take the initiative to try and code it yourself and debug your program.

Okay, if you're clueless and the assignment had absolutely no marks, I'd give you my work too.

Or if you have done me a favour before and allowed me to peep at your work previously, I'd return the favour and let you peep at mine too.

But if you CAN do it, but are too LAZY to try and USE your brains...screw you la.
I'm sure as hell not going to layan you.


=_=

Diu la. These people are pissing me off.
ARGH!
Even Swarna, who I normally like so much, annoyed me today by coding irrelevant stuff.

My whole coding was roughly 7 lines long, and hers was already a full page worth of utter nonsense and it STILL wasn't working.

BWAHHHH!

*tugs violently on hair*

Are my annoyances justified, or am I just grumpy?


Song of the Day:

"Another Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd"

Geram! ZZZ. Stupid wannabe freeloaders.

1 comment:

Denise said...

justified. lol. have a tim tam! or rather, many tim tams.