Saturday, April 26, 2008

Today. I.

Today, I:

1. Sat for an IT pop quiz, lost half the marks haha. (Thank god this is counted for our exams.)

2. Ditched my ESL group to go eat lunch with Viv and Swarna.

3. Laughed openly at a couple's failed PDA (girl melted all over guy, guy squirmed and tried to escape, rofl)

4. Fed 6-10 with my Crystal Maiden as I watchedly amusedly at the sight next to me - Viv popping Panadols Gary bought for her while he massaged her head. Damn layan lo, summore told him to 'press harder la!'

5. Recoiled in shock at the fact that Tung Herr smoked.

6. Watched Deny do the funniest and most irrelevant ESL presentation ever.


It was about tourism - whether it should be supported or not, and the impacts towards the environment and socially.

"When the tourists come, they bring like, foods, and handphones."

Someone points out that no one THROWS their handphones away.

"Wait, wait, let me continue...and yah, their foods and handphones right? And cause there's no garbage bin in the jungle right? Very hard to find garbage bin in the jungle...so, they throw the rubbish into the river, then, then, all the fish die."

Everyone bursts into laughter.

"Ok, ok, SOME of the fish die, and then ah. You know tourists, they come and they cause pollution because they chop down the trees, to, to, make firewood...to cook their fish!"

*more laughter*

"And then ah, also, tourism is not good for the animals. Like Malaysia, they got Orang Utans."

*someone says something*

"Yah, in Indonesia also we got Orang Utans. But ours ah, are smaller."

*gestures at waist height*
'Why are they small?'


"Because! They kill the big ones! So only got small ones left!"

'Why do they kill the big ones, and what's that got to do with tourists?'

"You see, the big ones, they are very strong. So, so, they kill the big, scary ones because they are dangerous to the tourists!"

He continued.

"And then, when tourists come, like, to Indonesia, they ask the locals to chop down trees...burn down trees."

'What do you mean tourists?'

"I mean, I mean, WE chop down trees and then, we...pollute the air."

'Yea man! And then the haze comes to Malaysia!'

"No? No la! Where got? *stops to ponder* I mean, yes, yes. But that's not my point! My point is, my point is...ah! Nevermind. T_T"

Laughter all around.
Even teacher was smirking.

"And then, cause, as I said, cause the trees are cut down, chopped down, no more, there will be soil er-ero-erose...?"

'E-ro-shun!'

"Ah yes! *snaps fingers* Erosion! And then cause there are no trees, the soil will easily e-erose...?"

'Erode!'

"Yea! Erode!"

Wah, the fella damn cute can die wei.
He's Indonesian Chinese and his manner of speech is adorable. And they way he gestures and and stammers and searches for the correct words and pronunciation...XD

Safe to say la, he's a very likeable fellow.
I remember when I won this nice black t-shirt from fly.fm a couple months back when he was still the new guy.

The t-shirt was huge, and when I put it on in class I decided that I'm probably going to find one of my guy friends to give it to (or wear it as pajamas.)

Then, when I was pulling it off, he was like:

"Wah! Where did you get that shirt? So nice one!"
"Oh, you want? I can give it to you! I can't wear it, haha."
"Huh? Really ah? You sure ah?"
"Yea, haha."

I held it up to him, and it looked fine.

"Nah, take la."
"Wah, thank you. You sure ah? Tomorrow I wear this to school, you don't come after me and say 'Deny you have my shirt, you took it from me yesterday, I want my shirt back, take it off!' And then you don't come and scold me oh!"
"...Walao, no la! Hahaha, just take it la, aiyo!"
"Thank you! Thank you! Hehe."

Wah, how not to laugh man? XD

7. Learned how to tie a tie (finally!)

I saw Shaun with one slung around his neck and I marched over and demanded that he show me how to tie it. He was like no, no, YOU do it, and slung it around my neck and proceeded to demonstrate how to knot it nicely. Then he showed me how to remove it and asked me to try - and I did it! I tied my first tie! WHEE!

I remember playing with my dad's ties when I was younger - I'd tie it in a dead knot and wonder how come he could get the nice triangular shape and all I got was a big fat fugly-looking knot. T_T

Now I can do it! Whee! Now all I have to do is learn how to cook yummy food and take care of kids and I'd be the perfect housewife in the future...HAHAHA!

What a sense of accomplishment I feel. =)

8. Read a children's picture book from start to end at Borders.

The magical world of monsters! OMG I loved it! Buy it for me! XD

9. Did a collage out of rejected timetables (printed in the wrong size/orientation) and pasted on my mom's Tax Manuals.

HAHAHA! So wu liao!
I remembered people cutting out human's profiles to make money - they could do it in a matter of seconds and it'd look totally real! And people pay for them!

So I tried cutting out a random profile - I made the nose a bit hooked, so that one became a guy.
I tried again, hopefully to make a girl with a pointed nose - but I screwed up her lips and I turned her into a witch.

With the witch's pointy hat and all! (But I accidentally sliced off half the hat so it looks a bit retarded, but nevermind. -.-)

Then I had a bright idea to make a scene inspired by Wicked!
Hehe. I cut out a crescent moon, clouds and stars to paste above Elphaba and Fiyero.
I was cutting out a white cat when mom said we had to leave. =(

(I sheared off a bit of its butt, but who cares? =x)

I stuck it on the black tax manual and took a few pictures for good meaasure.

Then I refused to let my mom take it down!

"Hey mom, how often do people read these manuals?"
"Quite often, why?"
"Oh. Cause I, er, stuck pictures on them."
"...HUH? WHY?"
"Cause you said, 'do whatever you want baby,' when I asked you."
"...which one is it?"

*I point at some boring title*

"Oh, okay, that one not so many people read."
"So I can leave my stuff on it?"
"Yea."
"What if they decide to borrow the book and see sellotaped pictures of a witch and cat on it?"
"So? Who cares?"

HAHA. My mommy rocks hor?
I'll post some pictures up as soon as I get my phone cable back!

10. I played a very silly Skeleton King today.

First item: Arcane
Second item: Boots
Third item: Perseverance

Hehe. I spammed my stun and ran past two towers just to get my kill. XD
My ulti is imba! (But I died twice trying the same trick T_T The person called the rest of the team to gang up on me and waited until I revived to perma-disable me. Sniff.)

Oh well. Nicky was happy in the end, so I'm happy too. (He was emo-ing like crazy and threatened to quit DotA OMG, but I managed to get him to play one more and he was alright after that. ^_^v)

11. ...Zzz.

Good night.


Song of the Day:

"Without You - Mariah Carey"

I kenlee, tulibudibu douchoo~

3 comments:

Denise said...

So cute la! Can't wait to see the pics =P

Anonymous said...

This is going to be totally irrelevant to your post...
but I have to know........

Where did you get that turtle plushie??????? You know...the photo (or half-photo, really) that you use for your profile??

I melt whenever something screams "turtle"..=)

snowbunnie said...

Hahaha Michelle I got it in Singapore - some random toyshop in a shopping complex (sorry, can't remember which.) Cute right? It's called Sherm the Turtle. Lol.

Sherm says HI! ;D