Wednesday, May 07, 2008

#500

Sometimes, a minor triumph is all you need remotivate yourself.

Today we learned integration by substitution in Maths class.
I had recently been turned off Maths due to my 50% in my previous common test. I ran out of time and left 1 whole question blank - 11/42 marks gone just like that. Factor in another 10 marks worth of careless mistakes and there you have a barely passing mark.

With mid-terms looming, (1.5 weeks from now) my heart sank and I thought it was WAY too late to start revising already.

Today, Miss Christine gave us 2 questions to attempt.
I tried the first one and got it.
I tried the second one and managed to screw the whole thing up.

"Oh, screw it la. Lemme start over."

I flipped the page of my notebook over violently.

Suddenly.

"Stephanie?"
"...ah?"
"Go and do question number 2 on the board please."
"But I can't do it."
"Why not?"
"I mean, I haven't done it yet."
"Then go do it on the board."
"Wait, I haven't finished it yet...let me just..."
"Just go, and do it on the board."

Meekly, I accepted the black marker pen.

I dragged my feet sullenly to the front of the class, back slouched, all ready to screw the whole thing up.

With a big sigh, (and a few snickers from my classmates,) I uncapped the marker.

After a minute of staring at the question on the board, I began scribbling.
Satisfied with my attempt at an answer, I stood back and checked my work over.

"Stephanie. You missed something VERY important..."
"I did?"

I stared some more.

Smart-ass Viv called out:

"Plus C!"

Oh yeah. I hastily wrote '+ c' where it was required and shuffled back to my seat.

Miss Christine raised her eyebrows.

"See? Could you do it?"
"I dunno whether it's correct," I muttered.

She blinked, amused.

"But of COURSE it is."

With that, she walked off.
I felt a tiny happy glow in my heart as Viv smirked and insisted that she totally saved my ass.

It's not too late.


Song of the Day:

"I'll Never Break Your Heart - BSB"

IT test tomorrow.
Wish me all the best. =)

No comments: