Monday, May 05, 2008

Under Pressure

(I work better.)

Haha.
Imagine, we had roughly 3 months to research, plan and write a 2000 report on any topic we please.

I spend 4 hours each on the day before the due date of the draft and before the due date the final report to finish it.

Video Games: Are video games more detrimental or beneficial to our mental wellbeing?

I wrote a 2.8k word report regarding the effects on our reflexes, social and thinking skills, possibility of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - only to have to spend 45 minutes whittling it down to an only slightly excessive 2.1k.

It was so hard cutting out the flowery (and unnecessary) stuff. It was those very paragraphs that I was forced to cut that made the work seem professional and well, more...complete.

T_T But the practical side of me weighed my options and decided that substance would be more important than style. That hurts me cause I like to write nicely for English. But well, since it was an 'investigative study' and not a creative writing assignment, I'm probably better off with hard facts rather than nice introductions.

By the way, only 3 months after I had decided on my topic had I noticed that my topic sentence was inaccurate.

Did you notice? Well, even Miss Azreena overlooked it.

"Are video games more detrimental or beneficial to our mental wellbeing?"

Mental wellbeing. Indeed.
Carpal tunnel, ergonomic stress, shortsightedness.
...
I see. That made a lot of sense right there.

._.

Thank God I noticed in time.
Not in time to save my cover though - I now have to reprint 4 copies with my own printer ink. (I printed the rest of the stuff at mom's place. I think I must've run through a whole ream of paper with all my printing errors. *cough*Save MY ink*cough*)

***

From this Thursday to Sunday, the One Academy is organising a Digital Art Convention and Exhibition at the Midvalley Convention Center. =)

I'm going. Are you?

My mom called them up and booked 2 slots for ALL the workshops from Friday evening onward.
._. Siao! (Later I found out that it was not compulsory to show up, they will give your seat away as soon as the event starts and you still aren't there)

Swarna's following me on Friday, Ling on Saturday and maybe Viv on Sunday.
Come! I think it'll be fun. ^_^

There'll be seminars and workshops on stuff like Digital Portrait/Character Painting, Life Drawing, Animation, Manga Drawing et cetera.

I'm so excited! XD Plus there will be a cosplay competition on Sunday afternoon and I wanna check it out. (And drooool =x) Though I hope the costumes will be nice, and not lame and half-hearted. (My mom almost registered me for that - thank heavens she forgot =_= Omg la, haha. I could go as Olive Oyl I suppose.)

Oh yea, Den bugged me to post up the picture of 'mom's Tax Manual!'
Hahaha, it looks very noob la, forgive me. *winces* First time trying it - with merely a cumbersome pair of scissors too. Hehe.

I'd photoshop the cellophane tape away, but I'm too lazy, hehe.

Okay, I couldn't resist it. I erased the cellophane-taped bits. (Though you can see quite clearly where the photoshopped bits were - I was too lazy to make it a clean job. I think this is sufficient to make the picture clearer, haha.)

It used to look like this:


XD I forgive me for the crudeness. Maybe if I practise for another 100 hours I could cut more delicate, defined profiles. But excuse me for now, okay? (Told you I killed the hat XD Excuse my hasty snipping)

Anyway, while I'm uploading pictures from my phone, I've decided to put in some pictures of my ah-dorable niece and nephew.

This was at her birthday party. Cute right? But she's not looking...

Now she is!
CUTE RIIIIIGHT?


And this is her brother, Ian.
NATURAL CAMWHORE!
Need I say more?

Woots. (I think my niece needs no introduction *points at first picture* That's an L, not an I, by the way.)


And while I'm posting pics of my relatives, why not post one of my delightfully weird sister?
;D

DENDEN!


I know you feel sad going back to Aussie...but no need to emo la.

XDDDD *sticks out tongue*


Song of the Day:

"A Crow Left of the Murder - Incubus"

Exam period. =_= Sucks.

3 comments:

Denise said...

LOL! i don't remember this photo!

Denise said...

i like the rest of the pics though! :D

Denise said...

wait. delightfully weird?!!
!!!!