Saturday, May 03, 2008

How far would you go?

I just went back to January 2006 and starting labeling my posts after discovering what a pain in the ass it is to sift through 500 posts to find one that a friend/Den is looking for. x_x

I wrote a list of categories I think I'll come across in my posts and so far I have 18. o_O
Is that overkill?
But then it'll be easier to find post since it's more specific, hehe.

...but then again, many posts have been crossed-labeled.

._. Did I just make everything more complicated?
Ooo dear.

***

Today Viv, Whay Ying and I brought Swarna to a nearby salon to have her hair cut, thinned and blown - and we were late for Accounts as a result. (Of ALL classes to be tardy for!)

Anyway, we did it because she has a huge crush on this geeky guy (I personally don't see much in guys who hang their bags over their hairline while chatting to you) and she wanted to attract him.

He once said that her hair looked great after she had it straightened for a dance event.
And ever since then, we've been obsessed over getting her to fix her hair, which is super wavy and THICK like whoa. Thicker than mine, it seems, or maybe the waves give it more volume.

So, to summarize it, she spent 20 bucks, went against her parents' wishes, skipped 20 minutes of Accounts to get her hair done for a guy. =/

Which makes me wonder what lengths should we go to to catch the eye of the one we're interested in. I don't think I'd ever go that far...although Viv has tried to make me 'DO SOMETHING' to my hair the same way she made Swarna do it.

I did not give in, however. My stand being that if the guy does not like me just because my hair is a mess, I'm not interested.

I mean, I am POSITIVE that there are guys out there who won't judge a girl solely by her appearance. =) And if I wanted someone to judge me on my appearance - I'd rather it be a girl.

If you didn't know already, we girls have abnormally high standards for the fellow members of our species. We are extremely critical when it comes to the appearances of other females, and will not hesitate to flame a poor soul for flashing an inch of ass crack or 3 inches of cleavage.

Although I'm sure guys woud not mind at all, which makes me value their opinion even less.

But ANYWAY.

Oh, I forgot what I was going to say.
I'm too busy having flashbacks over this girl's ass crack hanging out of her pants during lunch.
Viv photographed it and showed it to everyone at our table - and we all cracked up and turned to stare as discreetly as we could.

Yes, you may say that we are being unsensitive to the poor girl's feelings.
But hey, we don't like seeing her butt cleavage - we may even say that it is offensive to OUR eyes. =)

And hey, she has no idea what we were laughing about - we could laughing at an inside joke for all she cares. If she takes offense then she is being extremely perasan. *sticks out tongue*

And I am SURE she can feel the wind going down her grand canyon. So why did she not pull up her pants? It was not the slight indentation between the lower back and the beginnings of her butt that she was showing - it was a full inch. A credit card slot, as I pointed out. The seam of her pants nearly met the chair she was sitting on, it was THAT low.

=/ Look, I understand if girls flash their ass crack slightly if they squat down, bend over or hunch over when they sit, but not until that extent ma. Anything more then half a cm is considered INTENTIONAL CRACK FLASHING!

Mwahahaha.
I think I have pretty much strayed off the point, I apologize. =/
Butt cracks are simply too delightful to not get distracted by.

Anyway, I believe I was saying something about girls being better judges of another girl's appearance.

I mean, yes, when cute guys tell us we look 'so pretty today,' we melt all over (and inside too.)
But only when another girl - preferably prettier or equal to your looks - tells you that you look 'really beautiful,' will we truly take the compliment seriously. (Not that we don't appreciate guys' comments. =) Please don't keep them to yourselves.)

...Unless she's just being patronizing. =/
Then you should just slap her and walk away. (Preferably after you smear her foundation and mascara. Nyeh.)

No, no. I am merely kidding. I am not that violent. Heh. Heh.

***
Continued at 12:06 am on the 4th of May.

I think I went off to play DotA yesterday and abandoned my post. ^^''
Heh.

I lost the mood to talk about the above issue, but I shall try to get it back! ;D

As I was saying, how far would you go to get a guy's attention?
(Or girl, if you are a guy. Or gay.)

As far as I know, Swarna already has his attention and her overtly enthusiastic flirting (she denies this, but as bystanders, Viv and I are better judges :P) ensures that she keeps his attention, at least for a while.

I mean of course, if your boyfriend/object of your affection suggests that you get a haircut so you'll look better, it's fine IMHO. As long as you agree with it.

But where do you draw the line between making an influenced decision and giving up your principles entirely?

Situation 1:

F: Heyyy!
M: Hey, what's up with your hair today?
F: What's wrong, you don't like it?
M: Nah, it's just kinda messy. Maybe you should go for a trim - you'd look even better then.
F: Sure! I was just thinking about doing something new to my hair.

Situation 2:

F: Hey! Like my hair? I just got it done.
M: Er, it's not really working for me.
F: Oh, but I think it's kinda nice...
M: Nah, you should get some bangs or something, that'd be cute.
F: Sure. Alright, if you think it'd be cool.

See the difference?
=/

But in Swarna's case it's cool, cause all of us have been bugging her to DO something about her hair, haha. Getting the guy is just a plus. =x

Ah, I was just wondering how Den got both of her boyfriends.
To me, it seems that they had to work to get her, not vice versa. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

That's the way it should be! Guys should do all the work and we girls should just lay back and bask in the affection. (This is one of the few times I approve of gender bias, wahaha.)

For me, a guy should always be courteous, not only to girls, but to everyone. (Except those who don't deserve it!)

Nothing annoys me more than a guy who doesn't hold the door, or offers to give way in a narrow passage, or stops to chitchat on a staircase. The above habits are extremely annoying and apply to girls too.

However, in modern times, it is still widely believed that a guy should always treat a girl with respect and occasionally let her get away with minor things.

Maybe in the oldern days, (very very old days,) males had higher expectations to be gentlemen, and to always treat ladies with courtesy and respect. However, if the guy chooses to be crude and uncivilised, it was seen as uncouth for the lady to retaliate.

Things have changed.
Just recently, I went to McDonald's to grab my french fry fix. As I opened the door to exit the restaurant, a group of college students - guys and girls - marched in, brushing roughly past me in a seemingly endless flow.

My eyes, narrowed. Couldn't someone just step aside for a second and let me out before they stampeded into the restaurant? Come to think of it, I should have just released the glass door and let it slam shut in their faces.

Thank god for this cute, short guy. He looked at me amusedly and stepped aside, sweeping out his hand as if to say 'it's ok, you can pass.'

I allowed him one of my sincere smiles,thanked the stars for letting someone offset my rapidly building temper and exited the building.
Pity he was the last of the group, lol. -.-
(I wish he was the first in, then I wouldn't have had to run all the way back to class. T_T)

In another seperate incident, a group of girls stood outside my classroom door chatting, waiting for my class to be over so they could use the classroom. My class ended, and my classmates and I were trying to exit the class, but failed as they were blocking the exit completely.

"Excuse me."

They ignored me.

"Excuse me. Please. Let. Us. Out."

The girls giggled and moved roughly an inch and resumed their conversation.

I, having no patience for this kind of stupid behaviour, walked right into them and shoved anyone who blocked my way aside - be it guy or girl - into the wall.

A chorus of indignant gasps echoed behind me as I stalked off, Swarna giggling in tow.

I mean, what else was I supposed to do?
Say 'excuse me' 15 more times until they moved sufficiently to let my 16-inch frame pass?
-_-

...

I don't know how my post on guys turned into one ranting about courtesy.
I seem to have lost my ability to compose short, structured posts that don't stray off halfway.
=/

Sorry.
Heh.

Today, I went to Daryl's house and I had an allergic reaction to his cats.
-_-
I was sneezing unceasingly and was almost reduced to tears due to extreme annoyance.
My sinuses were backed up, my eyes were stinging and watery, my ears were blocked and hurting and to top it all of, I had a killer headache.

Plus, I sneezed and knocked my cup of Starbucks all over the table, floor and myself.
I exploded into pitiful whinings as Nicky tried to calm me down.

I helped the maid mop up the mess, change my shorts, then took a nap.
After a 3 hour nap, I felt much, much better. Thanks for asking.
My sinuses are still killing me, but at least I've stopped sneezing. -_-

@$(&^@*#&% CATS!


Song of the Day:

"Me Against the World - Simple Plan"

Haven't listened to them in foreverrrrrr! ;D

No comments: