Thursday, May 01, 2008

Why does life have to be so complicated?

Let's see what just happened.

I was in a good mood.
Nicky was in a good mood.
KC was in a good mood.

Nicky said:

"Tonight I'm free, let's play!"

I said okay! I called KC.
Jie messaged me: "Let's play!"

I told Nick that Jie and KC were coming.
Nick told me Zerick and Lucky were coming.

6 people.
5 for a team.

KC did not want Zerick there, neither did I.

I told Nicky to go ahead, I'll stick with KC.
Nicky said no, no, it's okay, forget Zerick, he'll stay with me.

I said no, Zerick already hates me enough for making him choose between us, I'm not giving him a choice, go.

Nicky hosted.
KC, Jie, Lucky and I were top.

Zerick was alone at the bottom.

"Go, go." We said.

Zerick called out:
"Wait. Jie. Come down."

Jie refused.
Zerick insisted.
Lucky said don't worry, he'll get out of the game, let Zerick come up and play with us.
KC blanched.
I said no way, if Lucky leaves I'll kill him.


Jie gave in and joined Zerick on the opposing team, clearly unhappy by the way he was typing ................. repeatedly.

I gave up.

"I'll leave la, you guys have fun together."

I left.
Jie came out.

"You don't play, Nic also not playing oh."
"Nevermind, you go ahead. Go play with Zerick, I'll be fine. =) I'm going with KC."
"Okay, I'll join you."

KC hosted. KC banned Zerick so he couldn't join.
Zerick threw a private fit at Nicky.
Nicky backed out and refused to play at all.

Jie refused to join because he said Zerick wants him on HIS team, and he wanted to be on MY team, and I didn't want ZERICK on my team. =_=

Zerick hosted.
Jie followed him.

KC hosted.
I followed him.
Lucky followed me.

KC lagged out.
I hosted.

Lucky pissed me off by insisting on calling me 'dear.'
I left him outside.

"Goodbye."

So, form a merry party of 6, it dwindled down to very annoyed 2 - don't you just hate politics?

Oh WAIT. That wasn't the end of it.
Lucky bugged me for my msn, I gave it to him to pacify him, thinking I could always and delete and block him later if I have to.

The moment I added him, some random message from an unknown user popped up.
I closed it without further thought and went back to my game which was starting.

5 minutes into the game, my whole pc hung.

...

ANOTHER unknown message from unknown person. This has never happened to be prior to adding Lucky to my contact list.

Stupid Lucky's msn must be bugged. I blocked all incoming messages from strangers and returned to my game.

Everyone was swearing - nothing new.
I pacified them and we continued playing.

10 minutes later.
*message tone*

diu, clan message
lol
kc. i'm leaving. tak tahan lagi.
omg, the lag. steph, it's lagging
=_=

Again, I was inundated by a flood of vulgarities (I don't blame them, I personally detest laggy hosts - which, clearly, I just have become.)

Yet again, I pacified them saying it wasn't my fault - it was a clan nudge, and god knows, I'm leaving the clan the moment this game was over.

15 minutes later, my screen started freezing repeatedly.

oh, shit

It blacked out.
Fucking anti-virus.

My comp hung for about 2 minutes while all the programs settled itself.
KC messaged me.

o.o
...

A player from my game messaged me.

wei

I let out a stream of curses (at the constant disruptions, not him) and the matter was settled without him daring to utter another word.

And that was it.
Game over.
=_=

2 hours, and I hadn't had a single game done.
I insisted on hosting since everyone else lagged - Nicky, KC, and Lucky.

I hosted, smooth as tofu.
And not one, not two, but THREE freaking disturbances occured within the space of half and hour. 3 DIFFERENT ones, for that matter.

What were the chances?
I've had my fair share of laggy games, and I have hosted many smooth games and nothing has bugged me this bad before.

And I've had the last of 'making' people choose between me and Zerick.
I don't even WANT them to, I tell them to go, follow him, I always have KC on my side.

But of course, they feel guilty for 'leaving a girl behind.'
Then they end up not playing at all.
Which gets me all annoyed because I'm FINE with it, and Zerick gets PISSED when people even consider leaving his side. So is there even a choice? Go with him and all will be well.

But no, I cannot comprehend the actions of these people.

I told Nicky and Jie, it is PERFECTLY ALRIGHT to side with Zerick.
I understand that he's been their friend for a much longer time than I have and that I don't expect their loyalty to lie with me.

Jie is easier to push, he finally went off with Zerick after I told him that I'm not playing, wtf.
Nicky however, is a different issue.

He tries to please both of us by playing with us alternatingly - which I don't mind at all.
But as he once confessed, Zerick and I have the uncanny knack to ask for him at the exact same times.

"So, go with him, I don't mind."
"No it's ok. Just ban him and you host. Then he can't join us, that solves everything."
"No, it doesn't. I hate hosting and why can't you just TELL him you're playing with me?"
"Nevermind, come I'll host."
"Are you STILL afraid of him?"

I've asked him that question many times over.
Finally he told me, '...kind of.'

=_=

What kind of friends have fear between them?

How can one hold such power over another?

In the one day of truce I had with Zerick - where no judgments were made, and no prejudices were held against one another - I discovered that he is just a normal teenage boy, albeit with a large ego and a fiery temper.

Personally, I don't see anything to fear about him. =/
Hell, we both might even get along really well except for his bad attitude in game that really pisses me and KC off - though Nicky seems immune to it already.

Would you like a person making fun of you as they beat you up relentlessly?

Would you like to watch your opponent getting verbally poked just because Zerick's skills are superior?

Would you like to watch your teammate die with him merely watching on the sidelines, stepping in only AFTER the teammate has died - just so that he can make sure that ALL the kills belong to him, even though he could have very well saved his teammate from being killed?

Would you like to watch someone let loose a 400 damage Dagon burst when your opponent has less than 100 hp left, just so that he gets the kill and the money, although it is not rightfully his?

Would you like someone parading around saying things that implies that he is clearly superior to everyone else?

No, I thought not. =_=

Despite how much I like Nicky, he sometimes makes me wonder just exactly how his mind works. I told him that KC has taken a dislike to Zerick the moment he found out that Zerick was calling me a bitch in my absence and cursing my parents in my presence.

He replied:

"Yea, no gentleman should ever curse at a lady."

I wrote him a scathing reply which I hoped burned.

"Yea. And I hate it when people stand around, watch him flame me and do nothing. Going to play. Bye."

That should make him think about the numerous times he remained silent as Zerick cursed me and my family to high hell.

As they say, 'do nothing and you may as well beat the victim yourself.'

He thinks it's alright, since Zerick DID apologise and Zerick DOES have a fiery temper.

But he didn't do it once.
Not twice.
More than three times would be more accurate.

How can I accept a person's apologies after the third time he spit profanities at me relentlessly, in private and in public?

There is a line that I have drawn, and he has crossed it many times over.
And me, being the idiot I was, decided to give him another chance this week.

I guess it went just about as well as it did with Kayshaan.
A complete failure.
Now, there's only Fariz left which I have yet to give another chance.

Do you even think I'm going to bother?
I should learn to trust my instincts and stop doubting them, no matter how much a person tries to suck up to me.

...

Strike three, you're out.

Buh-bye.


Song of the Day:

"Screenager - Muse"

See how beneficial it is to detach yourself from people? It may hurt to be lonely sometimes, but it hurts more to involve people you care about in petty feuds.

No comments: