Monday, May 12, 2008

Mommy's Day

For mom's day, we had dinner at Alexis Bangsar.

Me + Mom
Viv + Mom
Swarna + Mom

I think the waiters were kinda fed up of us initially - put 6 girls together and what you get is a LOT of chatter.

We arrived at roughly 7.50 - our reservation was for 7.30 (thank God it wasn't cancelled!)

We ended up placing our orders only at 8.30, thanks to being distracted every 2 minutes or so by a new piece of gossip. And what happened was that the waiter came over and took our drink orders and fled.

=_=?

Service so cacat meh?
I mean, if he took our orders and said he'd be back to take our food orders, that's fine. Or if another waiter took over or even if he returned immediately to take our orders.

But NO, he took our drink orders and walked off.
=/ Maybe he thought we wanted to chat some more LOL. After 40 minutes of yakking, I bet they were ready to slap us with the menus and scream at us to start ordering.

Rofl. Viv's mom is exactly what I thought she would be - loud, assertive and outgoing.
A bigger copy of Viv ahahaha! (Cause her dad barely spoke 2 words to me both times I stayed over at her place, so I assumed she got the noisy genes from mom.)

Anyway, we had:

Minestrone Soup
French Onion Soup
Garlic Bread
Pollo Pizza - Grilled chicken, mozzerella, tomatoes and capsicum (Viv and I discreetly told them to NOT put any capsicum - but I think they ignored us -.-)
Meatballs Spaghetti
Penne Carbonara
Light Panfried Chicken

+ our own drinks and Chocolate Brownies with Vanilla ice cream without the ice cream for dessert.

=_= Don't ask - let me tell you.

The 3 of us excused ourselves from the table to order a cake. We decided on three slices of the chocolate brownie. After much discussion with the not-so-bright waiters, we had them make flags that said 'Happy Mother's Day' out of toothpicks and paper.

"What paper?"
"Any paper."

After we told them to serve it - nothing happened.
We had to ask them AGAIN.

=_= Finally, the dessert came.



The moms exclaimed over the makeshift flags.

"Oh! How did they make these flags?"
"We asked them to make it, nice or not?"
"Oh my god, what paper did they use?"
"Ahhhhahahhhahhaaa..."
"This is bill paper!"
"AHAHAHA KENA CAUGHT! We hoped you wouldn't notice."
"=_= Moms are very observant."
"How did you know?"

-Viv's mom points at serrated edge of the paper-

"Oh. AHAHAHHA!"



We spent roughly 15 minutes camwhoring with various cameraphones before settling down to eat.

I killed my mom's brownie and dropped some on the table in a vain attempt to pick it up with the fork to feed her. I HAVE NO TABLE MANNERS!
T_T


After 20 minutes and 2/3 of the brownies later...

-pokes Viv-

"Aren't the brownies supposed to come with ice cream?"
"Omg la. Ya hor."

She waves the waiter over.

"Aren't the brownies supposed to come with ice cream?"
"Yes yes."
"Then?"
"You want us to serve it?"

OMG! THEY ARE SO SO SO DENSE I WANNA WHACK THEM!

>_>

Their placard clearly states 'Chocolate Brownies served with Vanilla Ice Cream.'
Then the dude asks us DO WE WANT IT SERVED NOW?

-_-'' Stupid.

(But we also didn't even notice the absence of the ice cream until almost all the brownies were gone. Too fascinated with the flags. Haha.)


Then Viv and I gave our moms our cards!
Swarna left hers at home at the insistence of her siblings: "Don't be so selfish! You already have dinner with mom, summore you wanna give her the card alone meh?"

I was incredulous at this suggestion as SHE made the card ALL by HERSELF and they wanna share credit! NUUUUWAYYYYY!

Lol.

I was saying this when Viv pointed out that I signed Den's name on the card also. =_=
Rats.

Anyway, you should have seen Viv's card. It was hilarious!
She said 'she had no sense of creativity whatsoever but whatever it's the thought that counts.'
o_o

She managed to write 'wo ai nin' legibly! Cool weh! She just squinted at my handwriting and managed to reproduce a passable copy of the Chinese phrase. -applauds-
...Then her mom mistook her tiny black ink hearts as inkblots!

HAHAHA!

SO BAD LA!

Viv laughed like crazy. O well, she said, she didn't know what to fill the space with.
._. (Me neither, hence the uber cheesy lyrics that only moms would know how to appreciate HAHA. I cited it summore =_= Kena scolded for my English geekiness - Harvard refernencing wtf!)

All in all, the food was good.
The company was excellent, although Viv and my party talked way more than Swarna and her mom. She's so quiet! (And we guffawed like intoxicated donkeys.)

The service was terrible. Waiters ignoring their customers, wtf?

It ended up being 290 bucks for 6 people.
That's alright, I guess. (AND I AM OFFICIALLY BROKE. GG NO ICE SKATING T_T)

Omg. 3 very very forced 'smiles.'
Our moms don't know how to take pictures with cameraphones. =_=''

Lol.


Song of the Day:

"Warning - Incubus"

Mwahaha.

No comments: