Thursday, May 29, 2008

Unexpected

This week seems fine so far. =]
Had wedding dinner on Monday night, went out with Suisui on Tuesday to the Popular bookfair @ KLConventionCentre. Today I went ice-skating + movie with Sherturtle, Jon and Lillian. ;D

It would be so like me to fall down flat on my butt within the first 5 minutes, wouldn't it? =_=

#1 My skate was loose and my ankle didn't feel too good. I left the rink to retie my laces twice.
#2 I STILL can't brake in time - there were a couple of people in front of me...and ok, I don't really know what happened. -.-
#3 I'm a born klutz. =/

T_T
But ok la, I was more surprised than hurt. The only injuries I brought home today were the two bruises at my calves below my ankle where the shoes cut into my flesh. That can't be helped. =( At least I didn't get my skin scraped off my heel like Sherm's. Ouch. (I wore thick woolly socks ;D So comfy!)

And surprise, surprise. While digging for my woolly socks this morning, I stumbled upon a pair of old gloves. Perfect!
The price of gloves has increased from5 to 8 ringgit and they are absolutely hideous! I don't care how much Jon like them. T_T Tiger or bumblebee, indeed. Horizontal stripes make your hands look fat! ;P

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten their fingers sliced off in the rink before. =/
Somehow I think if a person's fingers are run over by a pair of ice-skates, they'd be crushed anyhow - gloves aren't going to stop that from happening.

But oh, maybe it'll prevent the fingers from being severed altogether. ^^'' What's still attached can be fixed right?

And you should've seen Sher's gloves.
o_o
One side was a white glove that I used to wear for band practice - the mickey mouse type; the other side was his dad's...golf glove?

Shows how far we go to save 8 bucks, lol.
The last time I didn't have any that fit, I took a pair of undersized gloves and sliced the tips off - fingerless gloves!

But of course, only after I did this did I realise that doing so totally defeated the purpose of wearing gloves into the rink in the first place. =(

Oh well. And I guess I wasn't pleasant company today (again la omg maafkan saya -.-) as I was stoning most of the time. 5 hours of sleep man! I was up til 5 something skyping with KC again and my alarm woke me up at 10 (only to be slapped a couple of times for that precious extra 9 minutes of sleep x 2.)

And of course, I was late. =_=
I'm so so sorry! I don't know what came over me. I just woke up and rolled over.

"Oh screw it, a few more minutes won't hurt."

By the time I actually rolled out of bed, all psyched to go skating, I realised that I was supposed to call mom to send the driver back. And I had to wait for him after that. =_=

And THEN, I got lost finding the entrance to the rink. I mean, I had no difficulty in finding the rink.

I stood there watching Sherman and Lillian for a while before circling the floor above figuring how to get down - do I take the lift or the escalator opposite or the regular stairs? The place looked different. I took the stairs down and found out that they moved the entrance to the opposite end of the rink. =_= More circling. Should've taken the escalator down.

And THEN when I arrived, I saw the Zamboni prepped and ready to go.
Sucks. I had to wait some more before I could skate.
Sweet. Fresh ice for me.
I collected my skates and laced them up and watched the two skate a few more rounds. You guys didn't see me, did you? ._.

Haha, anyway when they reopened the rink, the entrance was crowded due to many people trying to get in at the same time, but wobble and block the way. =_=

Being a noob myself, I needed some support to enter the rink, so I grabbed a young girl by the shoulders and ussed her as my support. ;D She just looked at me bewildered. And off I went! It felt good, after I managed to steady myself a bit. I think the last time I went skating was with Sunshine AGES ago. Or Irene? I can't remember.

I DO remember crashing into lots of people though.
I managed to avoid that today. =) Yay.

And I probably should stop blogging at 3 am.
This post has gone nowhere so far, and I don't think there really is a point to it. =x
Although I'm mostly nocturnal, my brain activity normally slows after 2.30 am. I feel like I'm talking in circles. @@

But as I started this blog mostly to chronicle my daily life and not to entertain, I guess it's still ok from that point of view. =]

Today, we watched What Happens in Vegas.
Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher. Neither of which I was a fan of, but the movie was funny. Not super hilarious, but it was worth watching at least once. And of course, you could predict the end from the start. But that's why we all love romcoms, don't we?

Viv is going to smack me. She's asked me to watch it with her.
But I'm sure she has lots of puppies to watch with her, and pay for her too, right? ;D
How could I pass up this oppurtunity?

At least I didn't fall asleep during the movie. =_= That would seriously suck - I guess I wasn't THAT tired. Just too tired to initiate conversation. Staring into blank spaces seemed preferable at the time.

I must stop STOP sleeping 5-6 hours before going out with someone!
That day when I went out with Suisui also I was so groggy. =_=
Was playing the 2 boys again - till the wee hours of the morning.

Sigh.

This is the only time I can do it ma. And I love playing with them. I think I laughed so much tonight my intestines have curled into a tight, knotted ball.

Nicky! And his mini-DarthVader voice!
XD KC and I couldn't stop laughing long enough to actually decipher what he was saying.
Nicky's comp is in the hall outside his parents' room and his mom appears to be a super light sleeper. Although headphones helped GREATLY, he still has to speak in whispers to avoid waking her up.

And some mics just don't DO whispers.
Hence, the arrival of baby Darth Vader! XD

Did I mention that KC giggles like a girl?
HAHAHA! I must learn how to record voice conversations and post his girly giggle here. =_=
I should even make it my ringtone.

"OMG KC don't giggle! It's so gay!"
"What? You're giggling too!"
" Boys don't giggle. I can giggle! I'm a girl."
"No you're not!"
"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT?!"
"Heeeeheeeeeeheeeeeeeee!"
"Sissy boy =_="

But what can I say?
His laugh is infectious - I scooted back my chair to allow for more convulsions while laughing and nearly fell off. =_= Which made them laugh even harder.

Sniff.
Skype rawks. ;D

End of randomness.


Song of the Day:

"Fall to Pieces - Velvet Revolver"

Hm. Nice day. =]

No comments: