Thursday, May 08, 2008

You can do SO much better!

Now I finally understand why friends like to utter that phrase to their love-sick peers.

Today, I sat back and watched Swarna er, interact, with the boy of her choice.
And I can't say that I'm impressed. =/

Sure, as a handful of people know, I have a preference for geeks - but I do not like smartasses.
Ack, that came out wrong. He wasn't so much of a smartass than a self-assured and loud geek.

And he IS a funny person, I give him credit for that.

But I have this feeling that he is merely toying around with Swarna, and that pissed me off.
Don't blame me for being dead set against any relationships between my friends and their latest crazes - although I have a history of disapproving of most, except for Nicky's (she sounds interesting, I'd like to hear more xD.)

Somehow, he gives off a bad vibe - like yea, he's the man and he can get any girl he wants.
I don't know about others but that rather puts me off.
Why fight when there are so many others to choose from? It's not like there are slim pickings.

Swarna is such a nice person, although quite innocent and naive.
She's quite pretty, has a giant white smile, is wayyyy more friendly and sociable than I could ever be and she has the admirable trait of always thinking the best of people.

I'd say, lose him - you can do so much better!

...I would, but I think it's still too early to tell. I don't want to be labeled a relationship-wrecker as well - that would seriously suck. o_O And it is purely her choice - I have no say in the matter, merely an honest opinion.

Would you do it?
Would you tell a friend that the object of affection is not good enough for him/her?
._. I mean, I have been on the receiving end of the dreaded 'oh please you could do so much better' phrase. And it isn't nice, to be frank.

At best, it could hurt because your friends don't approve of him/her.

At worst, it could hurt because basically, they are saying you have crap taste. =_=

Heh. I think I'll not say anything this time.
I already told KC that I don't like his girl - she keeps playing with him and toying with his feelings; personally I think he deserves more than that (although he's quite the player himself -.-)

Rofl.
And of course, saying that made him want to kao her even more.

When someone plays hard to get, there are basically 2 options:

1. Fight harder.
2. Give up.

Is that not true? =/

KC seems to be the number 1 type.
I seem to be the number 2 type.
I have yet to see which category Swarna falls under.

I have a strong feeling she's a fighter. I give up too easily, meh. x_X

Anyway, I really hope that she gets what she deserves (a super nice, caring and devoted guy! ;D)

And people should really stop asking me for help in their relationships. =_= Do I LOOK like the type of person to give sound advice? Hell, I'd probably screw it up for you and get blamed. T_T

However, it seems like the 'inexperienced' are the ones sought out for advice most of the time.
I mean, look, Fishy has never had a boyfriend and I dare say, almost as innocent and naive as Swarna, yet apparently lots of people come to her to 'fess up their relationship troubles.

._.''

Maybe it is because we have no experience - we seem less intimidating than those with more knowledge, perhaps? Well, you can be sure we will never scoff at you for any faux pas' that you've made - seeing as we're just as likely to do the same, we're more forgiving. ^^v

I guess it's always easier to rant to those with inferior knowledge - but I say it will be much less fruitful as we're just as clueless as you are. =]

-happy bounce-

But I'm not complaining about people constantly dumping their issues on me (although some days I just have no mood to layan.)
It makes me feel more important to them and it is always good to know that my opinion is valued. Hehe.

***

Lol. I'm back to tutoring KC in Maths. =_=
I guess my confidence is restored, however slight.
By the way, did I tell you guys that he got an A in PMR for both Maths and Science?
I'm so proud of my work, lalala~

*smug smile*

Today, a group of science students were in the SAM garden taking their class photo.
They were ALL dressed in white lab coats.

BULLY THE NERDS!

Viv leaned over the balcony of the first floor and casually took out her water bottle.

"Oh sweet, make sure you don't ruin the guy's camera..."

She took a long gulp from the bottle, and then, with a sharp flick of her wrist, sent glistening droplets of water showering down on the white-clad students.

We squealed in laughter and fled - the rest of the students leaning over the balcony panicked as well.

Everyone in the corridor started cracking up and dodging into various classrooms - so as not to be blamed for the water-splattering incident. XD

Omg. We syok sendiri la. XD

Plus, I have no idea whether I'm getting more and more mean as my life in college progresses.

Today, Swarna nudged me.

"Look at her."

A girl walked past me.

"At her?"

I turned around and looked. Swarna shook her head.

"At her?"

She shook her head again. Then I saw HER.

"At her?"

I walked toward the girl in question, who was walking in the opposite direction with her friend.
Swarna nodded, as discreetly as she could - but failed.

I eyeballed the girl from head to toe - no actually, I never made it past her head.
She had her semi-short, wispy hair tied up on the top of her head a la Pebbles from the Flintstones.

Like that, but shorter and falling back down like a fountain frozen in motion.

A huge red bow sat on top of her head. (Minnie Mouse much?)

I stared and tried not to smirk - she looked innocent enough otherwise.
Miraculously, I succeeded.
I strolled past with a completely straight face.

However, the moment we walked past them, the fashion offender turned to her friend and said in an extremely loud and obnoxious voice, obviously meant for me to hear:

"Ehmagawd! Everyone is LOOKING at me today! I wonder why? UGH!"

I rolled my eyeballs, turned to Swarna and said in an equally loud voice.

"I wonder why. Maybe it's because SOMEONE looks utterly RIDICULOUS today!"

I glanced over my shoulder, glared at the girl and snickered.
She and her friend hurried off.

I mean, I'd have let the fashion faux pas pass if she hadn't directed such an Ah Lian exclamation to me.

Let me set this straight: She was NOT cute like Pebbles Flintstone, as she ah-bviously thought she was.

She was rather short, pudgy, had a squint and braces to enhance the horrible sneer fixed on her face. =_= And she was wearing a la-la printed shirt: giant retro glasses hanging from the collar.

Three-quarter tights - never a good look on a pudgy person.

I know, I'm no supermodel myself and am NEVER perfectly groomed.
I also know that people can't help being born short and pudgy.

But I'm sure as hell that they CAN help their method of dressing and carrying themselves.

And if people have been staring at her all day, why didn't she just take the offending bow out of her hair and let it down? So, OBVIOUSLY she enjoyed the attention, so please, don't act all offended when other girls give you a critical eye.

Biatch!


Song of the Day:

"Dirrty - Christina Aguilera"

The last word may be directed to the offender, or to yours truly - I don't mind either way.
._.

1 comment:

JLWY said...

I wished you said that phrase to me last year. Haha.

"wing yie darling, you can do SO much better!"

Lol.