Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bed head

Bedhead.

That's what they gave me during break today.


Swarna told me that there was 'some hair thingy' going on in the carpark, so we decided to check it out.

She insisted on having her hair done, so I was like oh yeah, count me in.
Hello, my mom has been doing my hair since I was born; I have never smelled the air inside a salon, much less have my hair styled by a hairdresser.

Think I would pass this up meh?
Yea right.

As long as they didn't take a pair of scissors to my hair, dye it, or curl/straighten it, I thought it'd be fine.

So I sat there and waited for a free seat.

The guy in charge saw me waiting and asked me:

"Oh, you had your hair done already!"
"Er. No."
"Ah? Ok, after this guy finishes then you go ok?"
"Sure."

Ahahaha, I managed to get ahead of several guys waiting in line. =P

Swarna went first.
They took out her hair comb and curled her wavy hair.
It looked great, so I was rather optimistic after that.

(We saw a tragedy of a hairstyle earlier - short hair straightened except for one super boing-y curl on the right side = ='')

Finally, it was my turn.
I sat down.
Immediately she stuck her fingers in my hair and flipped my fringe over.

...

I spent 7 years with a left parting and FINALLY got the guts to change it to the right side last year - and here she is, flipping it back over. o_o''


Then she took this disgusting, sticky-looking comb and ran it through the hair at the back of my head. She lifted my hair up clump by clump and did this up-and-down motion, so my hair was all rumpled looking.

She shaped the hair at the top my head, gathered it and swept it to the right side of my face.

Then my phone rang.
I stood up (and scared the hell out of the hairstylist, I might add, wahaha)

"Sorry, phone call."

--

"H'lo?"
"Hello where are you?"
"Er, in the carpark."
"Can you come up ah? To the second floor there, call Swarna they all also!"
"Huh why?"
"Neh, we want to complain and change our ESL teacher, you guys coming or not?"
"Oh oh sure, where are you again?"
"The office thingy on the second floor la! Come now ok!"
"Eh eh wait...I'm doing my hair..."
"DOING YOUR HAIR? Walao we want to complain about our English teacher and "eh eh wait, I'm doing my hair?" Oh my god! Hahahahaha!"
"Cannot meh?"
"Wah, doing your hair summore ah...come la!"
"Coming la coming la, hahahaha."
"K seeyou."

Vivienne reminds me of a damn semangat-ed version of myself.
Today we got a 30 minute lecture from our ESL teacher.

Besides many many DUH points, she made a mistake of saying:


I'm sure you all have brains. Only most of you don't know how to use it.


=/ We took offence.
Official complaint time, muhahahaha!

But I digress from the topic.

Anyway.

I sat back down in the chair with a 'sorry ah!'
The hairstylist took this can of hairspray and proceeded to shower me in chemicals. = =
Then she fished out a bottle of gel and gelled my fringe to the side.

"Done."
"Thanks."

--

"Swarna let's go!"
"Ha why?"
"Neh, just now ah, we want to complain about our teacher, come come let's go, Vivienne panggil d!"
"...wait, can I just..."

She gestured behind her.

A white background.
She was holding a placard that said '55'
A photographer.

OH SHIT.

"Please enter your contact details there."

The photographer gestured to a laptop.
I rolled my eyeballs and did so.
Then he handed me '56' and I got my mugshot picture taken.

...

Loreal Professional was looking for a hair model.
If you get chosen, you get 500 bucks wei! And some other cool stuff too.

But I doubt I'll get it, lol. I was glaring at the camera - aiyo hurry up dammit!
Unless scowling is back in fashion. =/

Anyhow, the end product was bedhead.

Seriously scruffy hair. Woot.
I could have done the same thing just by not combing my hair when I wake up, and sweeping my hand through it instead. xD

But I'm not that hardworking la, what for 'style' my hair every morning like that?
College only.

Plus I can almost feel the chemicals seeping into my scalp, poisoning my roots and potentially causing my hair to fall out in the future. >.<''

But at least people liked it.
=)

My friends thought it was cool.

Steph you're so cuuuuuute la!"


Har. Har. Har.

Wait la. Wait 'til you see my not-cute face, then you start running like hell.

Whoa, that's hot!


Lol, Paris Hilton wannabes. = =''
Only guys. And they said it at the same time, wtf hahaha!

(They're cousins., same thoughts? =/)

Well anyway, I can't wait to wash all the product out of my hair, but I'm gonna keep it in for now so I can show Den and mom. ^^

Anyway, we reached the programme office (that's where Vivienne meant) and I was all semangat-ed to lodge a complaint.

See how much I love the authorities? =)
Can't wait to foster a closer relationship with them.

So Vivienne and I syok sendiri, marched in the office and asked for Mrs. Quek.

"Eh! She's not here la!"
"Whaaaaaat?"
"Wait ah, I ask them."

--

"Excuse me, where's Mrs. Quek?"
"She's out for lunch."
"Oh."

--

"Walao! Damn potong stim la you! We all so semangat-ed rush up here...then tak jadi pula! What la! Hahahaha!"
"Yala yala, you la - I'm doing my hair~"
"Hahahaha, yea what. = ="

Nevermind. We'll give it another try tomorrow.
Wish us luck.

We don't attract trouble, we go looking for it. ;o)


Song of the Day:

"Heyya - Outkast"

Shake it~ Ahahaha...

No comments: