Sunday, January 13, 2008

Yummy

Alcohol is made from the fermentation of yeast!

That is what I proclaimed to my sister after I've had a couple of drinks.

...You sound more intellectual when you're high. ^^"


I'm not high la.
How can someone get high so fast wei?
I think that was after 2 glasses of pink vodka or so.
5% only la, please.

Anyway, tonight was Carmen's 21st birthday party at a bar in Seremban.
Shadow Eleven/S11 it was called.
Her mom cooked and it was so yummy!
There was chicken cooked in red wine too, but I don't think that counts cause the properties of alcohol are nullified after being boiled. I think. I didn't really pay much attention in chemistry.

Hence the failing grade.
=/

I was in a terrible mood throughout the whole day, due to various reasons.
One, my piano teacher was screaming and hitting her son throughout my lesson, and I nearly cried.

= =''

Remembering what I told myself earlier:

It's none of my business. It's none of my business. It's none of my business.


When I came in, she was yelling at him for not listening to her instructions.

"How can use your 5th finger. See la! I said use the fifth finger, THE FIFTH FINGER YOU UNDERSTAND OR NOT? Why don't you listen to me? WHY ARE YOU SO STUBBORN? Listen to me! Listen TO ME!"

The poor boy was shaking.
I looked away.
He kept playing the wrong thing over and over again. He was so nervous.
My teacher lost her temper and hit him.

"I SAID USE THE FIFTH FINGER LA! HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU? WHY YOU DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO ME IS IT? GO AWAY LA. GET OUT OF THE ROOM!"

He ran sobbing from the room.

"Steph, your turn."
"..."

I pulled the chair back and began playing.
Her son comes back in with his homework, still heaving sobs.
I continued playing.

"Lift up that one after the slur."

I promptly did so, and this prompted another outburst ffom my teacher.

"See? Stephanie jie jie, tell her once also she does it. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU ALSO YOU DON'T WANT TO LISTEN! Before she came in also I've been saying the same thing OVER AND OVER but you still don't want to listen to me! You never use your brain one is it?"

I fumbled with the keys.
Jason was also silent.
I began shaking.
Her voice became calm again.

"Eh something is wrong there."

I repeated the same bar, being careful to put the Dflat in this time.

"SEE LA SHE ALWAYS LISTENS TO ME! I only have to say it once and she understands already! YOU AH..."

I suck my cheeks in and bite them.
This wasn't fair.
She was scaring him so much, how can he correct his mistakes with her sitting there screaming and threatening to hit him?

Again, it's none of my business, it's none of my business, it's none of my business...

How can I tell her how to discipline her child when I myself am not a parent?

...

Jason left, leaving me alone in the room with my teacher and her son.

She gets so worked up she threatens to hit him.
He starts whimpering.

"No...mommy, no no no..."
"STILL SAY NO? I CORRECT YOU ALSO YOU WANT TO SAY NO. SO STUBBRON IS IT?"
"No...no...no..."

He is so terrified that 'no' was the only word that escaped his lips.

"You dare say it again? Say it again? Say it again? SAY NO TO ME AGAIN!"
"No..."

She stalks over to him and does something - I dare not look.
He cries out in pain.

"No! No!"

Heaving sobs.

"STILL WANT TO SAY NO AH? STILL WANT AH?"
"No, mommy no..."

She does the same thing to him.

"You want to say it again?"
"No!"

She does it again.

"Still want to say no?"
"No. Nonononono...mommy no..."

He flinches as she raised her hand again.

I was like WTF LA YOU WANT HIM TO SAY YES IS IT?
DAMN YOU LAR!

But I bite my tongue.
I can't say it. I just couldn't.
Contradicting a parent in front of her child is unforgivable.

I couldn't do it.

"So, your school started already?"

I nod.

"What are you doing?"
"SAM."
"How is it?"

I shrug and pretend to concentrate on my sight reading.

But I highly doubt she was fooled.
She knows perfectly well I can sightread perfectly well while carrying out a conversation.

Later, she dared ask me:

"Why are you so moody today?"

Again, I shrug.
I didn't want to talk to her.

She asked me 3 more times.
I finally responded.

"I'm tired, ok?"

...

The was the last thing I said before I went home.
His whimpering was still playing over in my mind.
I was pissed, but what could I do?
The way she spoke was as if he was trying to contradict her advice on purpose.

Why the fuck would he want to play it wrongly on purpose if he knew he was going to be hit?
No common sense is it?

But then again, I know what it feels like to be blinded by rage.

Sigh.

I thought I could go home and play DotA to calm myself down.
But after two leaver-games in a row, I got pissed off all over again, and went to take a nap.

Only to come back 2 hours later to find my GG inundated by 'STEPH~~~~where are you??s from Arief, Max etc.

= =''
Then I remembered that I didn't inform them I wasn't with them playing anymore before I went to sleep.
All I said was 'z. no mood d la.'

...

Wah, if I don't wanna play also have to report to superiors la?
Ish. =/

Anyway, after that Hann Meng, Daryl, Den, mom and I left for Carmen's party.
I was looking forward to the drinks. ^^''
They say alcohol makes you forget.
I could definitely forget what I witnessed this morning.

Plus, the last time I drank was during new year's day - champagne with chocolate-covered strawberries. Mmm. That was 2 glasses only anyway.

Wait, that wasn't that long ago.
Oh well.

Anyway, Daryl poured me a full glass of the yummy pink vodka.

Then my sister went:

"Wei! So much ah? SHE'S UNDERAGE OK!"

She raised her voice to be heard over the music.

Just then, there was lull in the music.

...

I glared at her.
The waitress was staring at us from the next table. o_o''

...

Then I started laughing.

"Your timing so good la! Hahahaha!"

See la, my sister's friends are so responsible!
Pouring a 16-year-old girl a full cup of alcohol - in front of her mother.

=x

See? I'm a responsible drinker.
Mommy is watching me. ^^

Anyway, I felt perfectly fine after about 3-4 glasses.
About 2 bottles or 7-8 shots.

We went to Carmen's place so that her mom could change into her 'party clothes.'
Lol.

Upon arrival, I tested my sobriety by attempting to walk on the straight line of the pavement.

One step.
Two steps.
Three steps.
Four.
Five.

Hey, I made it!

Then I stumbled and lost my balance.

Oh shit.
Suddenly my knees felt weak and I leaned on the wall for support.

I hurried in the house, sat down and pretended nothing happened.
^^''

Well, now my sister knows. :P
Hello, Den!

My face was burning.
When I looked in the mirror, I found myself to be a healthy shade of pink.
Hey, I actually looked normal for once, since I'm always pale.
(People used to ask me if I'm feeling faint or sick when there's absolutely nothing wrong with me. =/)

I thought that was about it - the side effects of the alcohol.
Red face, check; slightly unstable gait, check; laughing too loudly, for too long; check.

Then I went to the bathroom.
When I washed my hands, I noticed the bared flesh between the end of my shirt and the start of my jeans.

"Oh wow."

It was red.

I pulled up my shirt to expose my stomach.
I was bright blotchy red.
I touched it. It burned.

I pull my shirt up to my shoulders.

"Holy crap!"

The red marks went all the way up to my neck.
I turned around.
Down my back too.

Being...not 100% sober, I started laughing at myself.
I found it hilarious. It looked so funny!

Later I showed it to my sister.

"OMG You look like mortadella!"
"...-_-''

*Mortadella is a kind of ham we used to eat in Italy.
It's pink with white spots.

...And it looked exactly like my tummy then.
So we took a picture for remembrance

Earlier, I was going to put the picture up...but now, (after clearing my head a little) I figured that would have be a silly idea.
What, wanna see my flat tummy meh?
Too bad for you.
Haha.

Then, I showed it to my mom and Carmen's mom.

"OMG!"
"Ahahahaha~"
"You're allergic to alcohol!"

There was a note of glee in her voice.
-_-''

She was hoping I got her genes and rejected alcohol.
No such luck.
Got my dad's genes alright. =P

"As long as she isn't itching, it's fine. ^^"
"AHA! I'm fine, lalalala~"
"..."

*disappointment*

But besides the above effects, I was perfectly okay. ^^
Well, it wasn't much to drink at all, but good, my body can handle it.

Denden, when's the next party? =P

...

Omg, it's 4 am already.
Ahahahah, no more 20 hour keep-awake stints.
If I keep this up, I'm gonna burnout before CNY man.

NO.
Cannot miss my angpow collecting for another year.
Nonononono.

Good night.


Song of the Day:

"Honest Mistake - The Bravery"

Yawn.
Ooo, there's another half bottle of the yummy pink drink in my fridge. Woot.
Tomorrow, encore performance! XD

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hi! Told you you were a bit high =D