Saturday, January 05, 2008

One day...

...as I was in US, I woke up wide-eyed and shock.
What a nightmare.

I went to school, collected my SPM results and I only got 6As!

Wtf!
Now I really believe that I've screwed my SPM, what else can this dream (nightmare) be other than a harbinger or absolute dooooooooooooooom?

Den says:

I have a feeling you're gonna straight As la.


Shan just told me:

I'm sure you did good
like all straight a's laid down on the table


Plus lots of others going:

Aiyo, sure straight As one la, you no problem one~

To keep the record straight, this is what everyone keeps telling me.
For UPSR.
For PMR.
Now for SPM.

I mean, look how my UPSR turned out!
And my PMR!

Both of them I got exactly ONE less A than my sister!
I think lots of people were pretty disappointed in me.
I mean c'mon, both my cousins who sat for PMR in my year got straight As.
Two of my friends who sat for PMR together with me got straight As.

And what did I do?

Screw BM of course!

"Aiyo...karangan kamu...saya tak tau nak cakap apa la. Stephanie o Stephanie, kamu tulis macam budak Standard 3 saja! [Name removed] juga boleh tulis karangan yang lebih baik daripada kamu...tatabahasanya pun elok. Kamu...saya tak tau lah...tak tau macam mana nak tolong kamu...[sigh]"


This is what my BM teacher told me a month before SPM.
How encouraging.

[Name removed] is a schoolmate who is believed to be slightly mentally impaired.
Even SHE can put together a sentence without grammatical errors.

What does that say about me?
Brain-dead ah?
x.x

Anyway, I'm praying that the trend of getting extra B than Den will follow.

6As/5As
7As/6As

That will mean I'll get 2 Bs for SPM = 8As.

....eh, what if I get 2 Bs...and then 2 Cs...?

OMG.
Habis!
*runs around in panic*

I should have started studying earlier, I knew it!
Mom is going to be so disappointed.

I still remember the day I came home and said:

"Btw, I passed my PTS ya."

Rather unenthusiastically, cause I didn't want to skip a year and leave my friends behind.
And I didn't think it was a big deal.

Let me tell you the story of how I found out about it:

Picture me, nerdy Stephie (pfft, I was part of the ruling class ok? Right, JL? =P) in glasses and scruffy hair, sitting in the classroom chatting about undoubtedly childish and shallow things in the dark and damp classroom of Kuen Cheng (1).

A classmate, I think her name was Lok Yi Wei or something, rushes in.

"Shan wen ah! Ni zhi dao wo ting dao shen me ma?"
[Steph ah! Do you know what I heard?]

"Shen me?"
[What?]

"Gang cai, wo ting dao lao shi shuo, ni na dao PTS ah!"
[Just now, I heard some teachers saying, you got (grammar) PTS!']

"Ha, zhen de meh?"
[Huh, really?]

"Bu zhi dao wor...ting shuo er yi."
[Dunno wor...that's what I heard.]

So I went to ask my teacher.

"Lao shi, wo na dao PTS ma?"
[Teacher, did I get PTS?]

"? Shan wen? Ah, you ah! Gong xi ni ah!"
[? Steph? Ah, yes! Congrats!]

And that is how I found out.
Through an eavesdropping classmate of mine.
The teachers didn't even bother to come and tell me or make an official announcement.
I had to ASK, for goodness sake.

= =''

Kuen Cheng rocks, I tell you.
After going through grueling hours of after-school exercises every single day, trials, tests and classes JUST for PTS, I and 2 other boys from my school finally made it.

And how do they reward us?
Hm.

By not even letting us know formally.

My cousin (the one who got straight As = =) got about a hundred bucks from his school and a nice cert to go along with it. And his school isn't even a rich school wei, it's in a nice kampung-type area far from the city. I don't even know the name.

And see la, my school, one of the better-known Chinese schools of its time - hence getting more rich students during its intake and therefore more generous parents - doesn't even appreciate our slogging for goodness knows how many months (I forget, but it was quite a long time.)

Okay fine, I DID enjoy those exercises and they were rather easy, but still!
Who likes staying in after school for extra 2 hours 3 times a week?

C'mon la, even a certificate would be nice (and definitely cheap)
And there were only THREE of us!
How much would 3 coloured pieces of paper cost?

Okay.
I don't know how this turned from a post fretting about SPM to complaining about my primary school. Haha.

Enough about that.

***

I was just reading a few of my posts when I used to blog in Friendster.
And I'm thinking that I used to be more interesting, albeit more shallow then. (Not that I'm deep now, hahah)
Oh well, don't we all get more and more dull as time passes?

See, the first post I ever wrote.

Whee, I used to be so obsessed with all these stereotypes.

Nerds.
Preps.
Punks.
Goths.
Rebels.
Loners.
Freaks.

I remember getting all worked up over the discrimation I experienced online, mainly the Good Charlotte/Simple Plan era.

Preps vs Punks vs Goths

I never really fell into any of those categories (though people keep insisting I'm wannabe punk...screw you! Haha, just kidding.)

But I did take a side when a person got unreasonable.
Looking back now, it was all so shallow.
Labels?
Pah!

How insignificant.

Anyway, to shine some light upon certain things people have pointed out about me:

To those who used to say I fall into the 'Goth' category:

I wear dark colours because they don't show my shoulder blades so much.
I'm really self-conscious about them, believe it or not.

To those who used to say I fall into the 'Punk' category:

Yes, I do listen to 'punk' (Pfft!) music.
But I also listen to Britney, Marilyn Manson, Alanis Morisette, Eminem, the Beatles and others that simply CANNOT be mistaken for 'punk' (unless you're crazy) so ENOUGH already.

To those who used to say I fall into the 'Rebel' category:

Oh, so I can't have my own opinion is it now?
Just because I disagree sometimes, that makes me a rebel?
Huh?
HUH?
HUH?!
Ok, I guess it does.

To those who used to say I fall into the 'Loner' category:

Not everyone is sociable.

To those who used to say I fall into the 'Nerd' category:

Thank you, thank you.
Call me that all you want, as long as I'm still smarter than all you blondies, it's perfectly fine.
;P

...I'm kidding, guys, relax~

To those who used to say I fall into the 'Freak' category:

Me? A freak? Then what about Khaielaash HUH?

To those who used to say I fall into the 'Prep' category:

Never fell into this one. XD

And the fact that at least one person has mistaken me for being at least one of the above stereotypes - makes the whole stereotyping thing bullshit.

Unless you count hybrids.

But that defeats the whole stereotyping purpose, doesn't it?

Lol.

Anyway, I'm happy with myself all the time (except when I'm not.)

Sure, everyone has their insecure moments - DAMMIT you're not fat, Ling! And Sui! And Amber! And mom! And...

But what to do la.
All of us are human right?
Except Denise la, she's an alien, so it doesn't count.

Heehee.

Anyway, I was wondering if I should join any clubs in college.
But with membership comes a sense of commitment and dedication which I can never give to my club.

Hrm.
In Form 4 and 5 I attended almost none of my club meetings, and there are some people go HUH YOU'RE A MEMBER OF MY CLUB MEH? when I ask them when's the club party. (;P)

Heh.
I'm so loyal lar.

And that is also why I didn't want to join a DotA clan.
I can't promise myself that I'll always agree with them.
Can't say I'll always take their side.
Can't say I'll always fight for them.
But what to do, kena pujuk-ed and sad-faced sampai I gave in. = =

Pathetic, man.

And that is ALSO why I don't want a boyfriend.
Stop asking!
I'm too selfish with my love =]
And I'd much rather take care of myself than let someone do it for me.
Summore, when I see my friends with relationship problems that seem so damn trivial to me, I just go 'huh, better off alone gua.'

Oh yeah!
During the briefing by Mr Madhavan, my mentor for this year, he said that Taylor's policy allows 5 absences in total before I have to go for counselling.

FIVE.
IN ONE YEAR.
SIAO LA!

Do you know, my average ponteng rate per year is about 40 days?
I'd show you some proof, but stupid CBN lost my report card (damn them = =)

Five days.
I think I will die lar.

15 days = deregistered from SAM programme

Hello, expulsion.
*gloom*

Sociophobic.
Is that the word?
I'd much rather stay home and study alone than attend class.
Blah.

But I digress.

I was talking about a nightmare I had in US right?
Sorry.
Went off track.
As usual.
=x

Alright, dinner time.
Then more DotA after dinner.
I think once the assignments start rolling in, I won't have much time to play anymore, so I'm gonna enjoy it while I still can. =)


Song of the Day:

"The Winner Takes It All - Abba"

Why the Abba craze all of a sudden, you ask.
I watched Mamma Mia the Musical on broadway.
The songs are stuck in my head. Ah well.

1 comment:

YL said...

heh

XD

5 absences allowed only?

i smell a nerd coming
*sniff*

oops. i just stereotyped you.
lalala.=P