Sunday, January 20, 2008

Yes, Yi Ling, I found it! =x

My 6-day-long log of my first trip to the US.
Haha, pen and paper really tired me out quickly. Tech-spoiled yuppies. =x
Also, I didn't really have much time to write - in fact I wrote the first three days' log on the third day only. :P

But I was online very often for the second half of the trip so you all should already know roughly what went down firsthand. ^^

Here it is, word for word.
I'd scan it, but I think only I can read my writing. (And the stupid scanner's spoiled, too, boo.)

Italics are current notes.

==========================================================================

This is the first time I've opened my pencil box since SPM. =)

Day 1 of US trip: 12th Dec, Wed 2007

Left for airport at 6.45 am.
I slept at 4.30 the night (day) before (?) because I was playing my final game of DotA with KC, Sam and Sherman. (Played w/Arief, Max + rest of MoDs in the afternoon.) We act. finished at 3 am but KC talked so much and I didn't really want to sleep either cause I'm not gonna see gim for almost a month -_-''

But anyway, after a horrible game w/a feeding TA (that was me! =x) and 1hr of talking crap, I managed 2 hrs of sleep before the 3hr+ flight to HK. Was feeling nauseous throughout the day. Den was held up @ HK customs for bringing in Firearm --> pepper spray. Swt. "teargas"

Customs officer ~ super sarcastic and talked with this farnee cheena accent. So anyway, Den now has a police record in HK. Fuyoh! My jie2 (written in chinese) damn cool wei! =D Later, before the flight to SF from HK, I got body searched before they allowed me to board the plane. Only me wei!

It was super funny cause she was using this metal detector thingy and it kept pinging cause my clothes were covered in zippers! Maybe that's why they thought I looked like a terrorist? --> Black jacket + pants covered in metal. Lol. Then she patted my pockets --> "li mian de dong xi na chu lai." (Remove the things inside, in chinese) So I took out the contents of my pocket... ...A melted bar of Cadbury chocolate. HAHA! Maybe she thought it was TNT (like cartoon network dynamite stick or something.) ><" doh!

Well anyway, after that was the dreaded 11.5 hour flight. D8!!! (the emoticon was upright when I wrote it, I can't reproduce it with the keyboard, haha) Siao man! I couldn't eat nor sleep properly - it was so uncomfortable. I'm so tall that the neckrest was supporting my shoulderblades instead. (Makes me wonder how the giant ang mohs fare...) -_-'' Got neck + spine ache 'cause of that. I gave up on watching Hairspray cause was damn chiong hei + boring + predictable + has overrated Zac Efron in it. =/ Bias! And I'm still clueless as to why John Travolta was cast as the mother. Was the mother THAT bad until they to have a marketing gimmick as such (crossdressing EX-A-lister?)

Anyway, after a long, torturous flight, we arrived at SFIA (San Francisco International Airport) at 12.30 noon the same day. 16 hrs backward, lol.

Elaine ci2 was there to meet us and Jason ko2 too. She (Elaine) bought us SO much food! ^.^ Nice nice cousin. I was supposed to stay at her place for the 1st night instead of Days' Inn but I ko'd the moment I hit the bed at the Inn. So Den got to stay at Elaine's place instead. =( Which may be a good thing, cause I woke up with horrible diarrhea at 3.30 am. T.T It was horrible. I was up til' 4.30 and I felt like my intestines had been sucked dry. This went on throughout the next day too.

==========================================================================

No pictures on the first day - it was mostly flights and nausea and other horrible things.
Ok, Ling, happy? = =
I know it doesn't say much about US, but when you're there, you don't think about describing what's happening to you right then to a bloody notebook. Haha.

I'll save the other remaining 4 and half days for a really uneventful blogging day.

Until then, wait. ^^''


Song of the Day:

"Blood - MCR"

I gave you gallons of the stuff. =x

1 comment:

YL said...

hahaha.

ya, john travolta was creepy in hairspray. But not Zac!!! *_*