Monday, January 28, 2008

Bwahahaha

I got caught snoozing in Accounts class today.

I was happily dreaming about DotA and whatnot when I was poked in the side by Swarna.

I lifted my head from the desk.

"Ah...?"


Mr. Madhavan nodded his head in my direction, and my class started laughing.

"Aha...ehehe ^^"


I smiled brightly, hoping he wouldn't be pissed off.

"...and just now I asked you guys whether my class was boring or not!"


>.< Sorry teacher.

Anyway, I got back my first Econs paper today. I'm pretty happy with my 11/13, considering I didn't refer to my notes at all! =D Except for this one question: 'Australia is known as a land of plenty. Why is it that resources there are still considered scarce?'

I got 1.5/3 marks for that.
I lost another 0.5 for giving an irrelevant example of recurrent wants - reading a storybook is a recurrent want! My hunger for books is never really satiated!
But teacher won't accept my answer. =(

Anyway, I asked Swarna for her paper so I can check out the correct answer for the Australia question. .

..full marks wei!

T.T Boo. Suddenly I felt so careless --- see la full marks is completely possible. =(

But anyway, my paper was only 3/4 pages long and hers was 3 pages long. HA!

I remember last year, when I used to write a single sentence answer for Bio and get full marks, B used to complain about how she wrote a super chiong hei, detailed, 5-line long answer and get the same marks as I did.

=x See?

More proof that quality > quantity.

Today Ying Qi appeared rather upset whens he came to school.
She refused to talk, and when asked what was up she just paused, shook her head and said that she couldn't describe it.

Swarna and I nagged and nagged until she finally caved in and talked - we didn't care how screwed up her English was, it didn't matter.

She was asking about friends.

She said that she had known this person for a while now - maybe a year or so.

And suddenly, talking to that person seemed uncomfortable, and she had to think and scramble for words to say when they're together.
I pressed harder - my EQ is rather lacking, so I called Swarna for further consultation - and it turned out to be about a boy.

Sigh.

Aren't they always?

She likes him a lot, and doesn't know if he returned her feelings (man, how many times have I heard this one?) and lately, conversation seemes to get awkward - like they have nothing to say.

Furthermore, it's starting to stress her out - she says she can't fit in anywhere in school, and cannot find someone to bond to.

And some 'friends' appear to treat her nicely only to return the favour.

So I asked her, are these friends worth keeping?
It's basic economics =x

Cost versus Benefit


The benefits of having the person as a friend must always outweigh the cost in maintaining your relationship, otherwise you will never be completely happy.

Of course, I didn't mention this to her.
Somehow I doubt she'd find me comparing her problems to economics amusing.

I told her, if they don't mean that much to you, why invest so much effort in keeping things civil?
If they are not treating you as well as you treat them, why are you still trying to make them like you?

It's just not worth it, is it?

As for bonding - even I have never completely bonded with anyone yet.

She asked me, why haven't I?

I told her, I just haven't.

Then aren't you afraid that there's no one else out there for you?

No...there are 6 billion people in the world, man. I'm sure there's someone out there that I can actually connect to. I'm not worried. I'm not in a particular hurry either.

So you're saying you think that there's someone else for you?

Yeah, sure. One fine day la...

She paused to think.

Class started and our conversation ended.

I was rather worried though. Who the hell am I to give advice like this?

Yet, people seem to ask me these kind of things - do I look like I know these things? = =''
Coming from someone who has never had a true best friend, nor a boyfriend and is basically pretty antisocial, any advice I give should just be taken lightly.

Later she asked, how do I find the people (in my class, she gestured with her hand) ?

I shrugged.

If they talk me then I'll talk to them.

But don't you ever...

...hm?

...no, no, nothing.

Something's still bothering her, I don't know exactly what, but it can't be good.

Later on, she thanked me and Swarna for our advice and said that I'd be a good counsellor next time.

...

Then wtf am I doing in IT? XD
I should be doing Psychology, see?

Btw, I pulled out a Psychology text book from my desk drawer in one of my classes - guess who it belonged to? Jiun Yi. HAHAHA!

What a coincidence, I never DID see him again after our first day in class - and now here I was sitting at his seat without realising it. (And yes, that's how his name is spelt.)

...Some random guy just found me on GGC. Boo. Have to go layan/blow off.
Then maths then DotA! =D

*Update:


Damn, I'm getting better at this! =x

*Post-update update:

HOLY CRAP IT'S HIM AGAIN!
Didn't I block him already?
#$*&^*@#%!!! Save meeeeeeee T.T


He pmed me directly too, but I yelped and closed it reflexively before I could screenie it.
Then he went to the public channel...
...and I went to shower. Heehee. ^^''


Song of the Day:

"Radar - Britney Spears"

Damn you Ling for uploading her album onto my iTunes! Grr.

No comments: