Thursday, January 03, 2008

Sesat

The thought that played the most in my mind today was:

Wtf am I doing here?

As usual I was lost.
The map of the campus pretty much sucked, so I stood there for a good 5 minutes rotating the map to get my bearings. I found my way to the timetable distribution place.

The names were segregated into groups alphabetically and I was supposed to go to the U, V, W, X, Y, Z classroom but somehow ended up in the queue for the S,T class. = =

Only 10 minutes after a guy asked me what letter my name started with that I realised I was in the wrong queue.

...

Talk about a slow reaction.
The queue to my class was long gone by then - few people at the end of the alphabet? - and I strolled in to find everyone sitting down and waiting already. =/

Oh well.
Got my timetable, got my picture taken, got to my class in one piece.

T3, tea tree ._.''

The population of my class is dominantly female, which was not what I expected - IT course, cmon! I threw my bag onto a table right at the end of the classroom and flopped my head down in exhaustion.

And then this guy came in and settled down 2 seats away from me.
I was like o_O
I know him! Wait lemme think.

Something like...Jun Yi?
We exchanged o_o-s and I waited until our mentor made everyone introduce themselves before I said hi.

Or actually, he said hi.
Or to be more accurate... "Stephanie...yang shan wen ah? Xiao xue de?"
I blinked at him.

"Yep."

And leaned back down to sleep.

...

See?
I'm such a people person.
Here's a boy I haven't seen in 5 freaking years, and we end up sitting in the same row in the same classroom in the same college..."Yep."

I oughta be slapped, lol.
To be fair, I was having a bad headache, alright?
And after that I DID run after him down the stairs to start a failed conversation.
Super fail. =x

Then we had briefings at the Multi-purpose Hall, where I promptly fell asleep after less than half an hour.

I woke up and applauded each speaker as they concluded their presentation and went right back to dozing off amidst the rowdy students.

The whole SAM year got reprimanded for being disrespectful before we were allowed to leave the hall. I sat and stared blankly until we were released. I left.

And my first day at college ended thus.

I spent more than half the time leaning over the balcony staring at students walking by, laughing, chatting etc.

I shouldn't be here.
I should be at home sleeping.
Or eating...I'm starving.
Or even better, playing DotA.
Hey, where's that Asia cafe, I don't see it...
Zzz how long more do I have to wait to go in?
OMG he's short!
Slouch, slouch, slouch...
Yerr they all look so feminine...sandals, skirt, shiny handbag, long dyed hair...what if someone mistakes me for a boy...HA!
Why isn't Abigail replying?
Why is Sui taking so long to reply?
Why isn't Ling awake yet?
I'm alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone! T.T


I tell you, I tried to smile, I did!
But tak jadi wei.
I was just so tired and my head was killing me.
I hate crowds...they scare me.
During break, I grabbed my backpack and wandered into the empty garden and ate my cookies on a bench. It was such a relief to escape from all the noise. I turned on my iPod and had my breakfast.

The very few people who passed by looked at me all funny. = ='' What? Haven't seen a loner before? Isshhhh.

Pfft, choi them! I brushed off the crumbs and walked through the garden after I was done.

Then, I smiled when I saw a boy doing the exact same thing I did - sitting alone eating on a bench in the middle of nowhere.

Nah, I'm not so alone after all.
-phew-

I should really be more of a people person, but I hate small talk.

How are you?
Isn't the weather nice?
The campus map sucks, doesn't it?
How many As did you get for PMR?
What class do you think we'll be in?

Oh stuff it.
Silence is much better. ^^

Headache, headache.
And the ex-classmate I just met is transferring to a psych course tomorrow - there goes the only person I bothered to speak with. x.x

Sigh.
And I thought it was going to be such a good year too.

(Hahaha, pardon the apparent emoness, I'm fine. Just whining a bit. Haven't done so in a while. On the other hand, I'm actually looking forward to classes. =/)


Song of the Day:

"Sunburn - Muse"

I think a nice long nap is in order.
Good night. =x

2 comments:

YL said...

Yor. Nevermind...you'll get used to it.

i think it's unfair that some of them have friends on their first day already.

it'll be nice if everyone dont know everyone. then everyone can make friends easily.

but i guess that wont happen to me. i have shuet may following. =_=

oh well. happy colleging. =D

Nichelle Tan said...

=="
i oso wun have any frens that i will know in my class. T.T

anyway, when u smsed me, i was in the toilet changing la.
den i took long to reply later coz walking to my campus ma...
den i put silent.
den the talk started.
then i forgot i was chattin wit u. =p

SORRY.
><

haha, so many cbners there and u alone pulak. aih... join them la!
and... have fun!!!!!!!!

i got english test tomorrow. o.O
wish me luck, coz i wan2 sit for general paper. haha.