Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Amaziiiiiiing

A 1-month IT project completed in a day.

=_=

Slap two procrastination princesses together and that's what you get.
We started it yesterday - Monday - the due date.

We handed the assignment in a day late, causing her to dock 5/140 marks from our project.
*slaps self*

And yea, I missed, let's see...IT, English, Accounts, Econs and LAN class today to complete the bloody thing. And it's quite pretty for a less-than-24-hour effort, if I may say so.

Viv searched for the images, wrote the necessary background stories and bullshit and did the general prettifying and aesthetic control of the website.

And yours truly had to write the whole fucking thing from scratch.

*cough*
I'm alive! I am! We both are!

I was writing from roughly 4-6 pm, 9 pm-2 am, and 7 am-12 noon, with the debugging completed on school grounds during school hours.

Viv also had to stay up to search for images, and due to the lack of photoshop, we had limited choices. -_- Colour scheme tak jadi.

And thank God I didn't let her do the coding weh.
I slept for 4 hours from about 3 to 7am and I woke up to Viv's frustration, complaining that the fonts are all different colours and sizes and that some are italicised and some are not.

I was like: =_=''
It was fine when I left it. Lol.
Luckily it was only the font. If not I'll immediately bang my head on her 250-ringgit keyboard and smash both in the process. (Head and keyboard.)

***

I was all emo and crying on Sunday until I just went back to sleep in the afternoon to wake in the night, waiting for my last game of the weekend with my kawans.

Ended up even more stressed.

=_=''

Spent more than an hour unloading on Nick (nearest victim) - giving my ESL presentation a trial run in the process.

For all my swearing and hysterical babbling and teary speeches of death and destruction, I actually did quite ok. I didn't die at all.

I don't know what came over me that night.
-_- Stress.

I mean, I have NEVER failed an English presentation ever in my life and that night I was just tearing myself inside out - a vortex of uncontrollable emotions swirling in my head and chest.

Boo.
I didn't miss any points or let my voice tremble too much - just that the presentation that I feared would last over the 13-minute limit - ended in 7 minutes flat. =_=

Good lord.
Me, Shaun and Vivi presented on Monday.
The fastest speakers in class all on the same day - class ended 20 minutes early and we could leave.

HAHA.

Our classmates should thank us. ;P

Anyway I'm feeling better now. ^_^
Hope it'll stay that way.
But probably not, as many of my friends know - I have vicious mood swings. Bleeeargh.

***

Here's a screen capture from one of the pages from our website.
Lol. The design was inspired from a premade layout - which I refused to copy (they WILL find out =_=) and wrote from scratch instead, stealing only the pictures. Haha.


Our website is named Aphrodite's Anime Merchandise Website.
Don't ask why Aphrodite.
Goddess of love.
-_-
Viv was pestering me for a name and after feeding her with numerous lame choices in a vain attempt to go back to sleep, I was like 'call it aphrodite la!'

There you go. Her current DotA screen name.
And quite fitting also la, it's all red and there's kawaii Sakura in the banner.

Credit to Viv for providing the mouseover link codes.

I said I was going to find it and ended up falling asleep.
She said she spent so long searching for it - I don't think she knew what words to search for.
My bad. =_= I should've done it and saved her time, lol.

And I just found out we have a gazillion typos and grammatical errors all over the site.
I hope the Aussie examiners won't mind so much - just grade the layout and functions, please.

Aight.
I am now going to catch up on some much-deserved sleep after all that emotional activity and 24-hour programming spree.

;D Baiii!


Song of the Day:

"Zombie - Cranberries"

Our IT teacher told me again that she liked my hands and that I had pretty nails - she said the exact same thing the last time I painted my nails bright royal purple. She must like purple. Should've done a purple layout to please her. =/

And those aren't our real phone numbers, btw. Don't be ridiculous.

No comments: