Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Navel piercings

I had an interesting dream last night (or actually, some time this morning or afternoon - I woke up at 3.30 pm o_O)

I was sitting in this shop, waiting to get a belly button piercing.
=/

I was asking the guy how they did it and he held up a long silver needle - much like an elongated earring, even though I know navel piercings didn't look like that.

He said that they just pinch a bit of fat and poke the needle through.

"No anaesthesia?"
"No need."
"Er. Can I put some ice on it at least?"
"Sure, go ahead."

Then it struck me that I haven't asked my mom for permission - she'd totally freak out.
So I called her.

"Hey mom, can I pierce my navel?"
"What?"
"I got a reliable guy and everything. Clean shop. Gold-plated needle."
"Should be okay."
"Yay! Thank you."

I told the guy to change to a gold-plated needle cause I'm very sensitive.
Until now I can't wear my earrings without starting to itch 2 hours later.

I sat there wondering whether there was a better way to do it.
Didn't they have a gun like the one they used for piercing ears?

Just shoot and it'd be done with, instead of poking the needle gruesomely, bit by bit until it penetrated the skin on the other side.

The guy who was supposed to pierce for me vanished.
I sat there impatiently.
Then I saw it.

The piercing gun.
Woot!

I picked it up and mounted the needle.
I lifted my shirt up and tried to decide whether I should pierce above or below my belly button.

Suddenly, I had a vision of me growing fat tummy or muffin top and having the piercing drooping together with my tummy.

OMG.

I shall pierce above the belly button then!

I aimed the gun and shot.
Slight pain - it was mostly already numbed by ice. I used 3 cubes I think, LOL. So overdone.

I stared at the needle.
Something looked funny.

I peered closer to find that I had pierced from the top right through the bottom of my navel, creating a metal bridge spanning my belly button.

=_=

Knowing that fresh piercings heal fast, I tugged on the needle slowly.
It slid out, bringing with it a long whitish-red string of fat and blood.

Ew.

Then I woke up.

It's a sign!
...that I should probably not pierce my navel.
And that I still have a hidden desire to pierce my belly button, years after Britney's career peak.


And I thought I had talked myself out of doing that the moment I turned 18.
=/ Subconscious wants.

Terpendam.


Song of the Day:

"Can't Buy Me Love - Beatles"

I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend, if it makes you feel alright. ;D

No comments: