Monday, June 02, 2008

It's feels SO good to be baaaaaaaaaack~

I forgot which song that line came from, but that's the gist of this post.
Or it was going to be, when I planned it in my head - but knowing how I digress, probably not. (See, I'm going off-topic already T_T)

I just came back from the SY national seminar in Melaka over the weekend. I was thinking, hey, I should make a grand entrance and reenter myself into the lives of my friends that I have not seen in roughly 4 months. (We have never been more than a month apart before.)

Instead, I showed up groggy from a 2 hour nap in the car, bedraggled with my glasses slipping off my nose. Way to go! ;D

After leaving my friends for so long (around the time college started where I used to get so exhausted on weekends and the new centre in Sg Buloh seemed too far to endure the 1-hour ride to each weekend) I was amused to find things not the way I left it.

There seemed to be another boy-girl rift that happened years ago when each of us was hitting puberty, but you'd think that would be LONG over by now. Sash was telling me how mean Brandon was being to her and I was like 'eh, my little bro, cannot be la...'

Then she looked at me conspirationally and spoke in a whisper. "He has a girlfriend now."
I almost snorted. Doesn't he ALWAYS have some girl or other hanging off him ever since he was a kid? ._. Charisma and charm are powerful things, and he doesn't lack in either area. (Mwahaha, his head sure kembang la now)

Then she went on about them for a while until I was finally convinced that yes, my little Smith was being mean to poor Sash. =[

And Rohan!
Oh Ro! How could you have fallen into the tight-clothes-on-guys fashion deathpit? T_T
I spent a good moment staring at your pants hugging your butt and your tight shirt - out of sheer shock or horror I still don't know. =_=
Your clothes are tighter than MINE!
And I'm a girl!

Khaikhai hasn't changed much, except that he needs to shave now.
A furry neck can be cute at times - when its worn by a squirrel. ;D
You're growing too fast!

No one else seems to have changed much otherwise - the girls are pretty much the same.
It felt good to be back in their presence. ^^

It was bugging me exactly how much little boy Smith had changed until he conveniently reminded me that he had not changed much at all (in my eyes, anyway.)

"Steph. Come."
"What? I'm going to Laksh's place."
"Come!"
"=_= I'm goiiiiing to order McD's for supper nowww. Hungryyy!"
"Come la!"
"Why la?"
"I want to kiss you! =) Come la!"

At that very moment I knew he had not changed one bit.
Hahahaha.
I leaned forward and stared at him.

"And what would your girlfriend say?"
"Nevermind about the girlfriend la. Come, we're going to play futsal."
"Walao, never ajak me mehhhh?"
"You want ah? Come la! I didn't know you wanted to play."
"Of course I'd want to! =("

And that would be exact reason why, as I'm sitting right here right now, I'm aching from my waist to the tips of my toes.

=______= I am so. Not. Fit. At. All.

Due to silly and unexpected circumstances, I had to traipse across a field in complete darkness, alone, in the rain and without an umbrella. At midnight.

-_-

Thank God the futsal court was covered and lit.
Of course, due the rainwater in my eyes I couldn't see the people there well and I couldn't recognise the faces that I saw. I hesistated as I stepped out of the rain.

...who are these people? Walao they ffk me MEH?

I thought they were the same guys who were playing on the court earlier that evening - some 20-something-year-old guys who stayed at the place that housed the futsal court. (Later, they came down in their pajamas to watch. And they were staring at me. T_T Well ok. 1 chinese girl playing with 7 other indian/eurasian boys? Barefoot and in a t-shirt? Honestly, I'd stare too.)

Suddenly, everyone there turned and stared at me.
But of course. =_= Who wouldn't stare at a strange girl with her hair plastered to her cheeks with rainwater standing alone on a futsal field in slippers and shorts?

But it turned out those strangers were our opponents. ;D
Friends from another state that I vaguely recognise - maybe I've seen them once, or twice.

And YES!
I CAN still do it!
I can still playyyyyy xD

"When was the last time you played?"
"..."
"Eh, when la?"
"Erm...a...very long time ago."
"Ahaha, nvm. Just play la."

Even after being urged by Brandon to 'run around!' I stood in one place and only moved when the ball approached.

"Run la."
"I don't run. I don't want to. I have 0 stamina."
"o_O"

But yayyy! I can still save goals and steal the ball (occasionally T_T)
And childhood trauma really DOES exist.

I think Sash the boy (Sash the girl's little brother) and Rohan are still terrified about my kicking them in the shins. =_= (And yes, I used to do that a LOT.)

When I run in their direction to intercept them, they flinch. HAHA.
I hadn't even done anything yet!

And there was once where I was supposed to kick the ball to my teammate from my goal.
Rohan stood in front of me, ready to intercept.
I looked at the ball.
I looked at him.
He looked at me.
He braced himself and instinctively used both hands to protect his crotch.
HAHAHA.

I just started laughing openly (I was the only one who could see that) and quickly passed the ball away while he was still looking at me quizzically. I think it was a reflex action; he didn't even REALISE he was grabbing his crotch and was instead wondering why I was laughing so hard.

XD

After a while, I shooed Brandon out of the goal so I can be the goalie for a while (so I can use my hands ;D)

But I was distracted by the net flopping over. =(
I turned around and reached up to try and straighten it...

...and suddenly the ball rolled in behind me as my hands were still outstretched toward the sky.

"...Ahh?"

I blinked.
The boys blinked.

"No goal. No goal."
"Ahaha...>_<"

I think my attention span has decreased greatly.

Plus, I was the only player playing barefoot - the guys all had football boots. =_=
Takkan I run in slippers right?
Initially it was ok.

I think the only person I didn't dare to tackle head on was Josh. T_T
Captain of his secondary football team wor. Factor in my tendency to trip over my own feet (let alone others') and you get a disaster in the making.

And I actually missed the ball a few times!

I pulled my foot back to kick.
I swung it forward hard and...missed?

NOOOO!
I lost my balance and stumbled forward. =_=
I think they were trying very, very hard not to laugh at me.
*sniff*
"Sorreeee."
I shuffle forward and make sure my foot came in contact with the ball this time.

And sometimes when someone came too near with the ball while I was alone...

"Go awayyyyyyyy! Don't come near me! T_T"
"Oh. Okok, sorry sorry."
"MWAHA!"

*steals the ball and runs away*

;P

And whenever someone stepped on my foot/kicked the ball at me REALLY hard:

"Omg I'm so sorry, are you ok?"
"O. Nothing de. I'm ok! ;D"

About an hour later and 20 'I'm ok!'s later, both my ankles went numb.

I started limping around the 30-minute mark.
Then I stopped when my OTHER foot got injured as well.

But yay! I'm invincible! I can still play!

Or so I thought at that very moment.
After a grueling 90 minutes, Shabari FINALLY showed up and I was like COME COME COME TAKE MY PLACE PLEEEEASE THANK YOU!

"Ow. Ow. Ow."

I hopped off the court and examined my legs.
Diu!
Both feet were swollen up to the ankle, and there was a small gash on my left ankle and what seemed to be a nasty contusion on the right.

But it's ok! I'm supergirl! I don't feel anything! Whee!

The next day, I ran on the field barefoot during the telematch. (I run much faster without footwear on.)

I cut my left foot open on a stone.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Mommy can I have a plaster?"
"Aiyo. What did you do now?"
"I ran and a stone cut me. =("

But NO! I'm still ok! Supergirl ftw!

And I truly was.

...Until now!
My body is ACHING! T_T

Oh, did I mention I had one hell of a night dancing like a mad person right before the futsal match? That would explain the bruises on my palm and wrists that I discovered the next morning, along with my beautiful, miscoloured, misshapen feet.

I think Sash the boy grabbed my hands too hard when we were spinning and when I let him go (he went flying and crashed into the floor. oops.) he wrenched the muscles in my hands. And my skin was scraped off too. =(

Plus, even beFORE the dancing, my mom ran over my toe with the carseat while adjusting it back and forth.

Yes, I went to Melaka unscathed and slightly depressed.

I came back injured and aching all over - and one hell of a happy girl.

;D

I don't mind getting injured if it means having the company of my friends.
I never knew I missed them so much lo. =/

By the way, I still don't get what the difference between boy's shorts and boy's boxers.
*frown*
Can someone please explain to me?
I mean, the appear to be exactly the same except that boxers have sillier designs...?

Cause when Brandon and Ro asked me to come in my chalet, Josh started yelling at them for bringing me in.

"Omg la! I'm in my boxers!"
"It's Steph only la, nothing one."

*hops around with pants around ankles, annoyed*

"Aiyo, with your pants on also I can see your boxers anyway. Same what. =_="

And it's true!
I don't even know why guys like to wear their pants halfway down their butts.
Might as well just wear their boxers and walk around what.

And yes. I still think boxers look like short shorts.
=/ Is there something about them that I don't know about (and should know about?)

Tell me pleeeease! ;D


Song of the Day:

"With You - Chris Brown"

See! I digressed! I told you! Nyaaaa...

(And yes, that's how long I've known them. =_= I can watch them hop around disoriented in their underwear and it's 'nothing la' cause it's me. Hahaha. ;D)

1 comment: