Friday, June 06, 2008

Debut!

On my blog, at least. ;P

Without further ado, (and with permission) I now present to you 3 video clips of our newest young Malaysian talent: JLWY! XD


This is gonna take forever to upload, so please do my time taken justice and just sit through the videos at least once, o-kay?

Profile

Name: Leong Wing Yie (Janice)

Date of Birth: 30th April 1991 (Yes, she's older than me! Jie jie =O)

Education: Kuen Cheng (1), Convent Bukit Nanas, currently Form 5B (ex-classmate, primary; ex-junior, secondary)

Post: Choir president ;D

Music: Pwnage voice (she stresses that in the vids below she was extremely tired and just had a serving my my birthday cheesecake so she was not performing at full potential - please take note) , basic guitar (That's my guitar in the vid btw. Haven't touched it in half a year so I have no idea whether it's in tune or not. Lol.)

Status: Off-limits! ;O Rofl. So I say.

Influences: Nirvana, Michelle Branch, Amy Lee (correct me if I am wrong ._.)

Blog(s): Lovejoy - current; MFaT - old

Youtube: remiozero

Contact: Leave a comment here or on her blog ;D

***

This is Seasons, written by the girl herself and is my favourite song of hers so far. ^^



I don't have the lyrics, but I'll get her to send to me.
Send them to me please? Lol. I'm doing free promo for you lehhh...later msn me the lyrics okay? ;P

This one is called Pretty Eyes, and the lyrics are below the video (stolen off copy-pasted from her blog, which is here.)




"Pretty Eyes" by JLWY

Pretty eyes, what in the world
have you done today?
Pretty eyes, you made my world
Spin around today

Everytime you say goodb-ye...
A part of me wants you to stay
Baby, please don't close your e-yes
--They're beautiful
I want to see them

Pretty eyes, come closer now
Look into my eyes
Pretty eyes, don't be afraida
Tell me, what do you see?

Everytime you say goodb-ye...
A part of me wants you to stay
Baby, please don't close your e-yes
--They're beautiful
I want to see them

Pretty eyes, pretty e-yes...
Pretty eyes, oh, pretty e-yes;
Baby, please don't close your eyes...

***

Nice nice? ;D
And if you don't like hearing new things, here's something familiar for you all:

"Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer



I trust you all know the lyrics well. =)

She told me that one of her friends can only remember her version, and not the original. Fuiyoh!

I, however, can remember both versions distinctly but her version is good too. ^_^

The original choir theme song, Together in Harmony, I'll post up another time due to time constraints. (HA.HA.) Nah, it was her first time playing it on the guitar I think and she paused multiple times to find the chords. I'll definitely post it up when I record a solid version of it. ;D

She helped to write the bridge and together with choirmates and Miss Joanne, the choir instructor, they wrote an original song for CBN's choir. I think it's really nice. I can't wait to hear it performed. =]


Song of the Day:

"Scared of Heights - Espen Lind"

Lols. Addictive. Give it a listen.

No comments: