Saturday, June 14, 2008

Guilt. Guilt.

Today was the first time I skipped 3 classes in a row.
I just felt like I had to.

Another moment sitting there absorbing teachers' lectures on the correct way to do this and that...I think I'd started coughing up blood and tearing my hair out.

I skipped LAN, which is nothing new.
I skipped ESL - today we were only supposed to show her our presentation draft. I was the only person who completed it and showed her on Wednesday itself.
I skipped Econs.

Why Econs? You ask.

Simply because it fell into the 4-hour streak I'd get.

LAN-English-Break-Econs-Accounts

And also, I felt a bit nauseous at the thought of sitting through another class which I thought I understood - my exam results proved otherwise.

Either way, a teeny bit of guilt is seeping in now. -_-
I'm glad that Ying, Viv and Jul made me go to Accounts - I was all prepared to call it a day and skip that too, but they said no, let's go back to class now.

And I did.

And I feel like such a delinquent for cutting so many classes in a row.
(Which is ironic, cause this was what I was calling KC last night for deciding to skip school today.)

I know this is nothing compared to if I simply decided to stay home and sleep - which I was seriously contemplating to do today, only I realised I had to pass my project to Viv.

OMG I HAVEN'T GIVEN IT TO HER YET.

O.M.F.G!

I'm such an idiot. -_-
Should have stayed home then.
Diu.
*whacks head against keyboard*

&!)&)$(#&*^^@$#^%(_!#

Anyway.
*changes topic to avoid further brain haemorrhaging due to banging head on keyboard*

Today I stopped by the SPCA for an hour to drop off a cheque.
I told mom to make it out to the SPCA again this year, cause I really love those doggies.

Why an hour?

Mom said I could take a puppy home if I wish.
Wait, don't get so excited.

I came home empty-handed.

I spent a long time walking around the kennels, testing their alertness, how timid they were and their general temperament.

I contemplated size, gender, age, type of fur, species.

I picked Sugar.
She's an adorable black dog which looks remarkably like a black labrador, except she is more finely built and has feathery ears.

"Is she up for adoption?"
"Yes. But she comes with her momma."
"What?"
"Yea, she goes with her mother."
"Which one is the mother?"
"She's running around the field somewhere."

Good lord.
It's like asking your girlfriend to move in with you, and find that her mother-in-law's all packed and ready to barge into your household with her.

=_=

So, I decided not to take her.
Also, she's a very jealous one. She followed me around the whole SPCA, pausing whenever I stopped to check out a dog. If she sensed that I liked it, she started snarling at the dog in question.

"Shh!"

She looked at me, but backed off.

Already having 2 dogs, I decided that this was not a good characteristic to have.
Besides, she looked like she was roughly 2 years old already - beyond training age.

I was also eyeing a couple of puppies.
It was alert, curious and playful. A female, brown and black - looks like a complete mutt.

But something didn't click. She wasn't the dog for me.

The whole time I was there, I was sniffed, licked, pawed, chewed and jumped all over like you wouldn't imagine. While I knelt down at the puppies' cages, dogs kept coming up to me and rubbing themselves against me - manja-ing.

No, it wasn't because they had fleas.

They would butt me with their muzzles and lick me and look up at me with those round eyes...it broke my heart that I couldn't take all of them home.

There, I met a lady, whose name and face I have already forgotten.
She was there with her children - grown, married children - to adopt an adult dog for their home.

At first she annoyed me, cause she said the puppy that I picked didn't have nice fur - the colours were patchy.

I was like, great. I'm going to pick my puppy purely based on how the fur looks like. -_-

Then she started asking me my opinion on which dog to adopt.
And I instantly brightened up.
If I'm not going to take a dog home today, why not help someone else to?

We walked throught the whole place.
Over a hundred dogs, all begging for homes.

Eventually I settled for one.

Male. Golden-brown.

"Come. Look at this one."
"Oh, this one looks good."
"It is, look he's alert."
"What species do you think he is?"
"Probably a labrador-mixed."
"He's quite big, don't you think? How old is he?"
"Maybe 1-2 years?"
"Is he going to grow any bigger?"
"I don't think so. Even if he does, it won't be much bigger."
"I like him."
"And you won't have teething problems too. His teeth are fully grown."
"Oh good, then he won't chew my stuff up."

She called her daughter-in-law to come and have a look, and she agreed that it looked promising.
They called the vet over.

"What species is he?"
"From the looks of his ears...a labrador-terrier."
"And how old?"
"Hold on, I'm not sure."

She stepped into the enclosure and grabbed his muzzle.
She pried the lips open and and examined the teeth.

"Around...1 and a half years?"

The lady looked at me, like 'whoa, psychic!'

HA! That's for doubting me earlier.
My nose wrinkled and I tried to keep the smirk off my face.

Earlier, she was slightly skeptical when I started spouting dog jargon RIGHT after I admitted that I'm allergic to dog saliva. I think she thought I was some quack who was merely good at bullshitting eloquently. How could someone allergic to dogs possibly know anything about dogs, right?

*bzzt*

Wrong!

Lol.

I love dogs. =) I know what I'm doing.

Anyway, the lady was so happy and thanked me for helping her find that ideal dog for her family.
;D Success!

I should be an SPCA salesperson, or whatever.

Hehe. By the way, the vet asked me to help her walk this bigass Dalmatian to another enclosure. I looked at her doubtfully.

If the dog jumped, he'd knock me over as easily as a bowling pin. Or maybe easier.
She handed me the rope and off I went.

The dog, sensing freedom, dragged me to a jogging pace, making me trip over his huge paws while I tried to steer him into the enclosure. After being taken along for a ride like car dragging a tincan behind it, it ran around happily in his new enclosure and promptly started digging up grass.

Sugar followed me in, trotting by my side.
Sugar's friend also did - the black dog who sat next to me the whole time I was evaluating puppies, nudging me and looking for affection.

"Come, let's go out!"

I snapped my fingers.
It wagged it's tail and followed me happily.
Sugar, however, ran around with the Dalmatian.
=_=

Oh well. 1 out of 2, not bad d lo.
With the black dog at my heels, I went back to Reve, the vet.

I handed her the rope.

"Here you go. And the black dog seems to have followed the Dalmatian into the enclosure."
"Oh thanks sweetie, we'll get her out later."

The lady told me:

"I'm going to name him Scooby."
"Oh."
"As in you know? Scooby Doo?"
"Uh ha."

Ohmygod. =_= Lol.
What a name for such a magnificent dog.
It'd be like calling a Rottweiler 'Cuddles.'

By the way, this was the puppy I truly wanted.
And I know it wanted me too.

But I had 4 dogs at the time, so it was impossible for me to have adopted it. =(


Some of you may recognize this picture.
It was taken when I was 15 - doing my kerja amal for my Form 4 project.
Time has passed so quickly.

I wonder where the Rottie pup is now.


Song of the Day:

"Wonderwall - Oasis"

Sigh.

No comments: