Thursday, June 05, 2008

More bday stuff~

You aren't allowed to wallow in sadness on your birthday, even though KC and I just had a big fight over something petty until he didn't even bother to wish me an hour it had passed, and Nick is still no where to be seen after a week, and Sash just got grounded so our plans for today are put on hold, and it appears some people have forgotten about me. =(

HEY. It's merely 2 am, I shouldn't whine. x_X Swt. People need to sleep, tau? Anyway, I tried distracting myself by looking up the meaning of my name for fun.

STEPHANIE

Gender: Feminine

Usage: English, German

Pronounced: STEF-an-ee (English), SHTE-fah-nee (German)

Feminine form of STEPHEN

Great. Guys have to be the root of everrrrrrrrrrrrrrything don't they? So anyway, I clicked on the link and went to:

STEPHEN

Gender: Masculine

Usage: English, Biblical

Pronounced: STEEV-en, STEF-en [key]

From the Greek name Στεφανος (Stephanos) meaning "crown". Saint Stephen was an early Christian martyr who was stoned to death, as told in Acts in the New Testament.

._.
Great. My namesake was a martyr who was stoned to death.
GREEEATTTT.

I feel so much better now.
Anyway, to all those idiots out there who insist that STEF-en is the ONLY way to pronounce Stephen, screw you la. Stop being so self-righteous and pointing out that what I'm REALLY referring to is Steven. =_= Patronising much?

Oh well.
Anyhow, just now I walked downstairs to get some cookies and paint my nails (not with the cookies, silly) and caught mom preparing cake and presents for me!

HAHA. Surprise party fail!

I had Oreo cheesecake at 1 am.
Mom bought me a picture book about dogs. The pictures are so so so cute!
I think I've went through the book twice already.

Also, she got me a giftcard with 300 bucks to spend at Borders! WHEE.

Aunty Su also got me a Borders giftcard (amount unknown) and 3 bottles of nail polish. Sadly I already have 2 of the 3 colours she bought T_T I'm going to paint my nails glittery light blue tomorrow and see if it makes me feel fairylike and angelic tomorrow 0:-)

Our 4 houseguests from China got me a traditional Chinese top. It's plain white with a broad neckline and a white and red band that cinches the waist. They said I look nice in it (mom made me put it on immediately of course.)

Also, one of the aunties did a personality assessment and said that I would be like to do arts and play the piano well. By looking at my fingers. o_o Well, everyone says that. Haha.

She asked me to hold up my open hand, and said that my fingers are perfectly evenly spaced - perfect for playing the piano. Besides that, she told me that this one picture I took of a young girl in China is worth entering into competitions.

I was like "...huh?"

My mom went and dug out the picture.
I went, "oh, that one. What's so special about it?"
I immediately pointed out that the lighting was all screwed, her face was in shadow, the colours are too garish blablabla and that it probably failed in technical terms.

Mom's friend just stared at me with a Huh? expression on her face and dismissed my blabbering.
She said that the picture showed a lot of expression - that the child was just happy and innocent as can be - that shined through to the person viewing the picture.

I paused.

Maybe it takes someone else's point of view to appreciate your work. I don't know.

Here's the picture. Tell me what YOU think?
Am I being too harsh on myself or does the lady know nothing about photography?
(Yes, those rosy cheeks are naturally red. The air there is freakishly cold! This was at Si Gu Niang Shan.)

Haha. Anyway, she told me not to give up on photography and that I should continue taking photographs whenever I have the time. =/ I wonder if my mom told her that I DID give up after I lost faith in myself when comparing my pictures to others. Or maybe she was just being encouraging in her own way.

So anyway, here are some pictures from my 'surprise party!'


Guess what I wished for? It was rash and completely shallow but yea. Haha.
And I look like I have buckteeth again! XD And yes, I have a very small lips - it vanishes when I nibble on it.


The cake was refridgerated and you wouldn't believe how hard it was to cut it with a blunt plastic knife. -.-


With mommy and the 3 ladies.
The lady in yellow (the same lady who made all the above comments) said she wanted to give me a traditional Indian blessing.

The moment I saw her rubbing her fingers in the cake...

O dear. Then she attacked my mom when she came back downstairs. Then my mom dealt the same treatment to everyone else.

Now I have cake in my pores. Yum!

(Here you can only see the one on my chin. That's because while waiting for the cameraman to get ready, I rubbed the rest off and licked it off my fingers. Don't worry, I'd just washed my face prior to the mini-party - and now I have to wash it again! T_T)


With the 3 ladies and the guy who is currently using sharing my bathroom and leaves the toilet seat up EVERY time I go in ARGH how can males and females ever tahan sharing the same toilet I don't know!

And yes, I have finally released my inhibitions.
I don't care. You can look at me in my glasses and favourite purple butterfly pajamas for all I care. =_= Mom tried to fix my hair but I wouldn't let her. It matches my ensemble, I said.

And yes, that is the shirt they gave me. (Guess who took the picture? ._. Wobbles galore, lol.)
4 sizes too big, but ok. Could've been worse. Once I received a long-sleeved blue jacket with a monkey stitched on the chest. The sleeves were 3-inches short of my wrists. I guess for people who haven't seen me before, that would have been the appropriate size for a 14-year-old.

...

The more I stare at this picture and at my dishevelled appearance, the more it seems that the white shirt was photoshopped onto my body LOL. Doesn't look like I'm really wearing it hor?

Ahaha.

Okay, enough self-indulgence.
Although I actually feel much better now!

Maybe I'll have a great day today.
Maybe I'll even forgive KC for his annoying tuneless singing and beatboxing and he'll forgive me for yelling profanities at him.
Maybe Nicky will suddenly reappear out of oblivion tomorrow and stop KC's constant whining of 'I miss Nickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy'
Maybe Sash will convince her dad to let her go out with me tomorrow (he likes me! Except maybe for the part where I keep injuring his son =_=)
Maybe JL will cheer up by tomorrow so we can have a great day together. =)
Maybe my birthday wish will actually come true! ^_^

Cheers.
Happy birthday to Socrates, Kenny G, Pete Wentz, Megan's daddy, May Chien and Jonathan who is Chris' bro and is exactly the same age (is there an 'h' in there? o_O) too!

;D

I remember!

Also, happy belated birthday to Alia (3rd,) Pui Yee and Ang (4th.)
Not that they actually read my blog, but I thought I'd give it a mention. ^_^
It's the thought that counts after all, right?


This was when we celebrated our birthdays together last year in Form 5.
=) My hair was longer back then.


Song of the Day:

"Happy Birthday - Sui Yi"

Omg laaaa you have to sing for me again this year! I still listen to that recording and laugh wei. XD

1 comment:

Megan D said...

Hi you! Sorry I'm late. >< was at camp past few days so I couldn't get a com let alone the internet... Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday! ^^ Looks like you had fun too. Hope you get tht 'rash and completely shallow' wish btw xD