Monday, June 16, 2008

Terrifying presentations

Tomorrow is the ESL presentation.
I'm up first and I'm scared out of my wits.

=_=

5 minute presentation.
5 minute Q&A session.
5 minute group discussion.

Presentation is ok.
No, it's NOT ok. I'm going to babble and go off-topic and miss some points and...

The Q&A session is scary.
I hope I can answer their questions.
I HOPE they ask questions.
Better than a silent, stone-faced class.

Group discussion aka debate.
I hope they will argue. If they remain silent and staring I am going to shrivel up and die on the spot.

T____T

I must really thank Nicky for staying up with me until 1.20 am to go over the whole thing with me. I think I frustrated him with my constant "Nicky I can't do this. I can't I can't I can't!"

I could hear him inhale deeply before saying "You can you CANNNNN do it Stephy. Just calm DOWN."

And I started hyperventilating.
Which is ridiculous!

If I can't present to my friend on SKYPE, not even face-to-face, how am I going to survive staring at 27 faces tomorrow? In person? Alone? Without reference notes?

"And moving to my next point...what is my next point?"
"Er..."
"There's a dead pikachu on my screen. Why is there a dead pikachu on my screen? With an axe in its head! And its ear fell off! OMG!"
"Hahaha, if you can't remember, just move on to the next point."
"But they will KNOW I skipped a point! It's THERE! On the SLIDE!"
"...=_="
"Oh. Okay. My next point says 'desensitizing people.' Do you have any idea what that means?"
"Actually, no, I don't."
"Oh fuck. I'm screwed."
"No you're NOT. Just take a deep breath..."
"THERE'S A DEAD PIKACHU ON MY SCREEN!"
"Oh God Stephy."
"Sorry Nicky. T_T"

@#(&*6^_)_#$*)@*(#^!!


Even Nicky can't deny that I have a babbling problem. -_-''
Babble. Indeed. Especially when I'm nervous. And then i digress. And I lose track of where I am. And I'm at a loss for words. Then I start babbling and the cycle begins all over again.

Oh shit.
I'm starting to hyperventilate again.
Think positive. Be positive.
++++++!!

Oh God. I think I'm going to throw up now.


Song of the Day:

"Pokemon Theme Song - No idea who"

In tribute to the dead pikachu on my slide.

No comments: