Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Birthday wishlist

Yea. I just remembered that a few people have asked me to put together my bday wishlist.

Yes, I know some people like to say that 'oh, it's the thought that counts - appreciate whatever you get.' However, don't you think it would be better if the present were thoughtful AND useful?

I remember one year I received a coinbox from an uncle.
Ok. A coinbox. I could use that.

If only it weren't horribly terrifying in appearance.
The thoughtful gift took the form of a porcelain snail clutching its body, eyes wide in shock, lips curled down in fear or disgust - I don't know. And it was the colour of mud (or more accurately, dung.) These factors made it feel like I was touching a toilet bowl everytime I picked it up.

A toilet bowl with a face transfixed in horror.
With a pair of antennae.

Ever since, I have started to believe in wishlists to put people on the right track to buying a present that wouldn't scare the wits out of me.

(I was roughly 12 and believed highly in the supernatural when I got the snail. I refused to allow my mom to place the snail anywhere near my room, in the belief that there was a terrified soul trapped in the horrible coinbox.)

So anyway, without further ado, here is my birthday wishlist for the year 2008:

1. Nail polish

In the shades of:

- Chocolate brown
- Dark metallic blue
- Electric blue
- Shiny emerald
- Copper/Bronze
- Solid silver (not glitter)
- Deep rose pink
- Plain glitter
- Any other super bright or unusual colour that you see!

Also, please don't buy the 5 dollar brands - they are super hard to paint and leave nasty stains on my nails. (Some of which I already have and am trying hard to cover/remove.) I like Sally Hansen and Essie. =] *hint*

2. Book vouchers

I have an eternal fear of people buying me the exact same book, so I think book vouchers are great in that sense. Borders has a super nice gift card where you can load credit and it has no expiry date! Awesommmmmmmme ;D (I like the apple design, nyaha)

3. Chocolate!

I love love melt-in-your-mouth chocolate. I currently have a craving for Keebler's chocolate chunk cookies. I have some in the fridge though I wouldn't mind more. =] Actually, I like most chocolate/cookies as long it isn't made locally - those have harderner in them (are they called emulsifiers?) and there aren't nice and melty. =[

4. Accessories

Especially charms for my charm bracelet. I have about 2 more empty slots or so. =]
I'd like an 'S' or anything else that you think may be significant to me.

I think I have enough earrings and rings would require me to try them on - I don't know my exact size - so necklaces would be nice. The pendant would suffice though, I don't like chunky stuff. I like small bracelets too. ^^

5. Keychains

Suddenly I have a mood to attach keychains to stuff, lol.

6. Soft toys!

I love soft toys! I especially love toy dogs, turtles and unicorns. ;D
And when soft, I mean SOFT. Not LOOKS soft, HUGGABLE soft. Hahahaha, really, some people don't get it.

I would love love love you forever if you could get me one of these:


NYAAAAAAAAA SO CUUUUUTE! The medium sized one is the cutest. =]

7. CDs

There isn't one that I specifically want right now, but if you know my taste well...trust yourself. ;D (And make sure I don't have it already!)

Or if you're totally broke, you can just burn one for me. ^_^ (If I don't have the songs already, hahaha. No DVDs please.) It's even better if you sing for me! XD I don't even care if you're out of tune - I like hearing my friends sing. It's hilarious.

8. A pencil

0.7 Mechanical pencil in a bright, happy colour!
Preferably purple or orange. My current one is green, so don't pick green.

If you see anything interesting like a two-headed pencil or one that has multi-coloured lead, I'd love that too. My current one is getting shorter =(

9. To put on 5kg by the end of the year!

Easy. FEED ME!
Yummy yummy food!

10. A puppy

A German Shephered puppy. I miss my Lucky! T_______T
I hate cats.

Sigh. That's about it.
I want the same things almost every year, haha.
And don't worry, my party will be held in July together with my Den's!
^_^ Plenty of time, so chillllll.

And you don't even have to buy me a present la (although that would be awesome ;P)
Even if you message me, call me or leave me a comment (on the correct day!) I'd be more than happy. ;D

Haha. Here are the presents already pledged to me:

1. Khai: A shiny Shinx and a shiny (albeit cloned) speed Deoxys

If you didn't already know, those are pokemon.

Shinx is an cute Electric-type puppy - the shiny (1/236 chance of finding in the wild) is orange in colour.

Deoxys is a legendary pokemon obtained only through Pokemon events (which aren't held in Msia) or through online trading. Which is how Khai got his and cloned one for me. Lol.

2. Nicky: One-month gold member upgrade for my GG account! Whee~

I told Ling and Sui to 'surprise me.' Lol.
Let's see how well they do. ^_^


Song of the Day:

"Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes"

...I want to stay 16. It's such a nice number. =(
I'll feel old when I turn 17! T___T

No comments: