Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fresh layout!

Today I didn't go to college as my wisdom tooth was nagging me - swollen jaw, pounding head and all that. So after I had sufficient sleep, I rolled out of bed and thought:

"Hey, let's design a new layout!"

No mood for gaming at all.
Teman-ing Zeo last night for one game also took a lot out of me.

Not to mention the hour of one-on-one Counterstrike I had with KC.
LOL. I pawned him lots lots. ;D
Nothing like playing with someone noober than your noob self to boost your ego. ;P

So anyway, I thought that since my mind is still fresh from programming the IT assignment, I might as well write a whole new layout based on that coding.

Step 1: Pick a colour scheme

Purplink.
Purple + Pink
Two of my favourite colours.

Out of the 6 or so blog layouts I've ever had, 3 were pink - 4 including this one.
=)

Step 2: Find a banner

I thought of getting something simple.
The banner is a result of a light experiment Ling and I did a while back.

Take one LED with a switch and throw in some slow shutter - BOOM! This is what you get:

Haha. My name written in light. Cool leh?
I never did a 'Snarkie' one, so that one'll just have to do.

Step 3: Resize images

The worst part of the job.

Step 4: Code

Step 5: Debug

And...done!

The whole process took roughly 5 hours and, being the nerd I am, I actually enjoyed it.
o_o

Lol. No more drop-down lists for links - all straightforward now.
I remember Ling complaining about that, so I've fixed it. =)

No more blinding bright font against a black background - I've fixed that too.

In addition, this layout is IE compatible, so most users can enjoy. ;D
The font is larger in IE, but that's the only drawback so far.

The tagbox is bigger, too. =)

Added a couple of blogs: Sam and Sash ;D
Long overdue, lol. I don't I would have ever bothered if I weren't forced to go to the template page anyway to do my coding. ;P

And that's about it, I think.
Any bugs, please let me know and I'll try my best to fix them.

Until then, enjoy! ^^


Song of the Day:

"Call Me - Blondie"

Lalala. Jun Yan wished me happy birthday exactly 2 weeks after it passed.
Poor boy is drowning in work - SPM year. Eh. Ya. He's my gorgor I keep forgetting! xD
Grow taller, dear. ;D Stop letting Jun Ren eat everything!

No comments: